Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    I think Solly might retire from playing now tbh - he's been gearing up for a coaching career for a while now
    Really hope that doesnt happen, although dont know how I'd feel about seeing him play for another team
  • If you are not going to play that’s fine but don’t expect us to pay your wages in the meantime. Breach of contract. Now Fcuk off.   Btw thanks for the memories. You were, largely, great.   Good luck to you. That said, much as it pains me to admit it I completely understand Taylor’s position and in the circumstances I’d feel/do the same, especially given the basket case that club currently is.  I suspect Lee has outed him deliberately. 

Wonder what Solly’s problem is?
    He could have a new club lined up too?
  • Not sure what the terms were but i assume we've terminated Davis' loan and will no longer be paying his wages?
  • I think with Solly it really depends on where the financial security is. Playing for a L1/L2 team as an injury risk or coaching, perhaps even entering the Charlton set-up as he's so close to Bowyer/Jackson. I think the latter is much more secure, but maybe he has a few years left in him playing-wise. Probably a hard decision that he might not have fully made yet, so it's unsurprising he's iffy about playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    shine166 said:
    Can't blame Taylor tbh, but the fact is without him we are going down. 
    It's not a fact at all, Shine. It's just your opinion. :smile:

Mate. We are going down without Lyle Taylor in the team, let’s not kid ourselves.
  • edited June 2020
    cafctom said:
    Solly is out of contract as well, choosing not to play. 

Won't get half the abuse that Taylor will. 

Solly isn't as important to the playing team as Taylor
    And thats the problem.

If Taylor is going to get abuse, then will the same people also be abusing Solly? I doubt it.

Same issue where if a star player wants away fans will call him scum and a traitor, but if it's a shit player no one cares.
    Chris Solly is not a shit player. 

I’m annoyed by what’s happening, particularly in this case - but Chris Solly still deserves respect for what he has given the club over the majority of his lifetime.
    Wasn't implying Solly was shit, he's been great for us.

Just meant that no one will be too fussed about him not playing on because he's not crucial to the team. Same goes for Davis. But Taylor is our best player so will get abuse.
  • Not sure what the terms were but i assume we've terminated Davis' loan and will no longer be paying his wages?
    Thats if we were paying wages... We'd send out an appeal for help on deadline day thanks to Southall / Nimer and their transfer embargo

Wont be surprised if Birmingham were picking up the wages
  • We've lost Lyle for months to an International injury and for the run-in due to personal preference. Shame really.
  • se9addick said:
    Danny Murphy saying that Lyle should be playing, says that Lyle should speak to the club about an Insurance Policy

Has questioned if the club are capable of doing that though

Acknowledges that Taylor is 30 compared to Murphy being 20 when he went from Crewe to Liverpool

Yet says that playing with the fear of injury is not a good place to be in
    Insured against losing a contract that doesn’t exist? Sign me up for that policy! 
    How do you know that there isn't a contract that has already been agreed?
    Even if he doesn't have a contract in place an insurance policy could be taken out by the club, in Lyle's favour, covering the earnings that he could expect to receive over the next three years following a move. 
    Of course, the club won't do that because it doesn't have proper leadership and doesn't have a pot to piss in. 
    Can't blame Lyle at all and I hope that he gets the move that his talent deserves. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2020
    I don't know the employment law rules but in the current situation if it's safe to go to work and you refuse would you expect to be sacked?

In Taylors case, or any employee/employer case, I feel you should show some loyalty to an employer who paid you whilst you were unable to work due to injuring yourself whilst working for another company (which your main employer has no control over) and at least fulfil your contractual obligations.

I am deeply disappointed in Taylor's attitude. Not that he'll probably give a shit. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Shame for everyone that he’s gonna leave on a sour note. Can’t blame him personally as I’m pretty sure we’d all do the same. It’s just a shame the way it’s planned out.

seems like he’s gonna get a prem move and good luck to him - without him we wouldn’t be where we are now that’s for sure 
    I can blame him personally.
    He is a professional footballer under contract to play football for the club that pay his wages.
    I don't blame him for wanting to leave the club, but I do blame him for not seeing out his contract.

Will we play a game before his contract expires at the end of June? 1 game maybe, 2 max.

We'll possibly fine him wages for the weeks he refuses to play and that'll be that.

If he's that disinterested, Bowyer is obviously better off planning for all games without him.
  • Knowing the sort of club we are, and how things seem to change every single day regarding each crisis we are involved in.....There is a part of me which thinks, and hopes, that there are still a few more twists to come in this story.

Bowyer has gone on the radio to announce this for a reason - probably in the hope that it will make a difference. 
  • HandG said:
    another thing to blame Roland for. If the prat had given him a decent contract in summer 19 this would be a non issue. 
    Maybe. Maybe not. Not defending Roland (God forbid) but Taylor saying he would have signed that contract in the summer was a great fan pleasing sound bite but we’ll never know if he actually meant it. 
    Yep good point.