Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options

a shame we didn't get Godden too, could've been a very fruitful partnership. Although tbf Grant's return has been very decent too

Makes you wonder if its worth looking at James Norwood with the amount he's scoring
  • Options
    Lyle's thoughts on tomorrows match.
    “To be honest this is the game I was looking forward to most this season,” he said. “A lot has changed over the last few weeks, so it will be a different Wimbledon to the one I left which nostalgically-speaking isn’t great.

“But that’s football. I wish them the very best, except for when we play them. I expect their fans will say the same about me.

“I’ll also look forward to the one in February over there. I’ll do everything I can to try and make it, because it is a game I want to play in. But it is all about results.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lyle-taylor-exclusive-afc-wimbledon-players-need-to-take-blame-for-neal-ardleys-departure/
  • Options
    Will he get a good reception?
  • Options
    He has not held back in his assessment of the current Wimbledon squad there and their role in the managers sacking, think he has written the pre-match team talk for them there.
  • Options
    Taylor was a vital part of the Dons strikeforce as they won promotion via the League One play-offs.

Did I miss AFC Wimbledons promotion to The Championship
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Looked on the AFC Wimbledon forum a couple of weird comments, also no idea why the refer to him as LTB

I find the LTB love in a bit cringey, I heard one or two stories about him during his time with us, let's just say Lyle always put himself before the club. Some will always see him as a hero..... or their bestie in Stu's case!
  • Options

Looked on the AFC Wimbledon forum a couple of weird comments, also no idea why the refer to him as LTB

I find the LTB love in a bit cringey, I heard one or two stories about him during his time with us, let's just say Lyle always put himself before the club. Some will always see him as a hero..... or their bestie in Stu's case!

Lyle Taylor Baby... Lyle Taylor Woaahhh

Isnt that what us and the Dons sung at him

Guess thats where the B comes from
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    That's unreal we haven't had a 40 goal partnership in over 40 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    58 years according to the stats
  • Options

Failed a fitness test and had an injection before the game.
  • Options

Still managed to run 6x as much as Ajose
  • Options
    He is a proper handful. Backs into the defenders, always shapes well to win the ball, great poacher finish.

In the last few years vetokele was mustard when he started in the championship and then got injured.

Taylor is doesn’t rely on pace so much as guile. He fluffs a few but is getting so many chances that missing 3 from 4 still gives a very decent return.

Worth the price of a ticket in my book.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

Still managed to run 6x as much as Ajose
    And yet Ajose set up Taylor’s goal
    Cheers for clarifying that as didnt know who got the assist until you just said...
  • Options
    Thought it was really nice to see how he went up to the Wimbledon fans at the end - Dont see too many players going that far to show their appreciation to their old clubs

• Options
    He didn’t sound very happy about having to have his toe injected with some heavy duty painkiller but great effort from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He didn’t sound very happy about having to have his toe injected with some heavy duty painkiller but great effort from there.

His choice to play.
  • Options

Sounded as though he was just concerned about the injury getting worse if he'd have been on the end of a bad tackle
  • Options
    Yep. To some extent. Like he said, he is paid to score goals, he was worried about having it injected as he didn’t want to cause any more damage but he didn’t refuse to play.
  • Options
    Lyle is definitely that Knight from Monty Python though with no arms (tis but a scratch) yet still wants to get on with it

Been a few times this season where he's gone down and have thought that we've lost him to injury
  • Options
    To be honest I had the same concerns as seemed he'd only ever made an impact @ AFC Wimbledon compared to his other clubs as was a bit of a Magennis / Ajose in that respect

Certainly remember the AFC Wimbledon game at the Valley last year where he was completely anonymous yet since joining Charlton it seems as though Bowyer and Grant have gotten the best out of him; i.e. at the start of the season I felt that Bowyer and Gallen had gotten just the one signing wrong (Steer) yet my view has changed on that now and really hopeful they can add to the squad next month as both really do have an eye for a player
  • Options

Good signing, strong and direct just what we need.

Agreed. I'm very pleased.
    Phew :smile:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I never diss any player until I see them play & will rate them over a season......however.

his goalscoring record is not very good apart from his stint at Wimbledon & loan periods in Scotland.....and even Magennis scored goals up there.

Reading his wiki page it says he found his playing chances "limited" at Bournemouth, Sheff U & Scunthorpe. Its at those teams we should be looking / concerned at imo.

Welcome Lyle & good luck.....you're going to need it.

Team, Games, Goals, Assists
    AFC Wimbledon 150 55 21
    Falkirk FC 42 29 8
    Partick Thistle FC 36 12 6
    AFC Bournemouth 33 2 1
    Sheffield United 25 2 -
    Scunthorpe United 25 4 2
    Hereford United (liq.) 8 2 1

It's not that bad.

All the best to him.
    Charlton P 21, GS 12, A 6.

A decent start, let's hope these goals keep coming and the assists too.
  • Options
    KG is p22, gs11, a5
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

KG is p22, gs11, a5

Impressive 1 in 2 goals to games ratio with Taylor's even better :+1: