Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    You’ve got to wonder at what point in his life he’s gonna regret picking us over Sunderland.....I’m thinking around about May next year...... Hope I’m wrong mind
    @Fumbluff please make your prediction about one of this year’s new signings (assuming there are any, of course

Lols, don’t forget I also upset some people by confidently predicting Bowyer wont be here in August either....little way to go before you can humiliate me with that one too....
  • edited June 2019
    Only hope I am clinging to is Roland did not sell Bauer in the summer because he was important. 
  • edited June 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:
    You’ve got to wonder at what point in his life he’s gonna regret picking us over Sunderland.....I’m thinking around about May next year...... Hope I’m wrong mind
    @Fumbluff please make your prediction about one of this year’s new signings (assuming there are any, of course

Lols, don’t forget I also upset some people by confidently predicting Bowyer wont be here in August either....little way to go before you can humiliate me with that one too....
    Bookmarked :wink:
  • I think he will sign a new deal.
    If we pay the going rate he'll sign....
    The “going rate” for a good striker in The Championship is probably £30,000-50,000 per week. I don’t see us offering that.
    The “going rate” for a good striker in The Championship is probably £30,000-50,000 per week. I don’t see us offering that.

He's not a good striker in the championship, he had one good season with us at league one, it'd be a mighty punt to pay him that much. Maybe if he starts banging them in next season but not at the moment

He's not a good striker in the championship, he had one good season with us at league one, it'd be a mighty punt to pay him that much. Maybe if he starts banging them in next season but not at the moment
    Solid reasoning! But remember that the average wage for a Championship player is £25,000. Average wage. Across the division. If he was not considered at least that then you would not have other clubs in our division circling. I think if we don’t offer £30k then he is gone. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

Solid reasoning! But remember that the average wage for a Championship player is £25,000. Average wage. Across the division. If he was not considered at least that then you would not have other clubs in our division circling. I think if we don’t offer £30k then he is gone. Just my opinion, could be wrong.
    No way we'll pay 30k....
  • No chance we will offer him 30k that's insane money for us. Wasn't Jorge Teixeira our top earner on like 15k a week and that crippled us? 

The more I think about it the less likely I think our top players are going to stay. At most I think we would offer Aribo what 10k, Aston Villa would offer at the bare minimum 30k. 
  • No chance we'd offer Taylor more than 9k a week imo and even that is being optimistic. 

• edited June 2019
    I think he will sign a new deal.
    How many Championship strikers do you think are earning £30-£50k? I would guess that only  relegated teams over the last couple of years have strikers on that money - and they will be closer towards the lower end of that bracket. 

• Sponsored links:

• No chance we will offer him 30k that's insane money for us. Wasn't Jorge Teixeira our top earner on like 15k a week and that crippled us? 

The more I think about it the less likely I think our top players are going to stay. At most I think we would offer Aribo what 10k, Aston Villa would offer at the bare minimum 30k. 
    No what crippled us was having 5 or 6 players on similar figures none of which showing they were worth it. (Except Igor at the time - He was phenomenal until that first injury)

Villa is PL. they will offer £50k per week is my guess. Cullen might get £30k from them this year if he is already not getting that. 

One can see why young players often make poor career decisions. Aribo should stay here one more year. But when you tell a 21-year old that he can make £2-3 million if he leaves, they do it almost every time. Agents out to get a buck for themselves in such a situation with a new contract don’t help. 

One thing that might save us it is Bowyer’s relationship with them. Every day he is not signed though is another day  closer to losing Aribo, Taylor, Bauer.

Villa is PL. they will offer £50k per week is my guess. Cullen might get £30k from them this year if he is already not getting that. 

One can see why young players often make poor career decisions. Aribo should stay here one more year. But when you tell a 21-year old that he can make £2-3 million if he leaves, they do it almost every time. Agents out to get a buck for themselves in such a situation with a new contract don’t help. 

One thing that might save us it is Bowyer’s relationship with them. Every day he is not signed though is another day  closer to losing Aribo, Taylor, Bauer.
    Sorry, are you saying Josh Cullen has signed for Villa ?
  • edited June 2019
    Napa you’re way over inflating your figures again.

Villa will not offer anything more than 20k p/w to a lad who has yet to achieve anything outside of the Championship.

I suspect Huddersfield were able to offer Karlan something in a similar range of 15 to 20k.

Lyle Taylor will not get a contract offer for bigger than 12k p/w from anyone in our new league. Even that figure is pushing the boundaries for a lower league striker (because that’s what he is until he proves he can cut it in the Championship).

Just because the average is high, it doesn’t mean that’s the going rate. You need to see a per club break down to understand that these averages are heavily skewed by monster Premier League contracts.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    No chance we will offer him 30k that's insane money for us. Wasn't Jorge Teixeira our top earner on like 15k a week and that crippled us? 

No what crippled us was having 5 or 6 players on similar figures none of which showing they were worth it. (Except Igor at the time - He was phenomenal until that first injury)
    Who were the big earners and what wages? Igor, Jorge, Sarr, JBG who else? 

• edited June 2019
    No chance we will offer him 30k that's insane money for us. Wasn't Jorge Teixeira our top earner on like 15k a week and that crippled us? 

If Joe Aribo’s next contract is £50k a week then football has truly gone mad!  You are talking about a player that has only played at League 1 level, and still has a very long way to go in his development.

There's a saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".
  • Napa you’re way over inflating your figures again.

Villa will not offer anything more than 20k p/w to a lad who has yet to achieve anything outside of the Championship.

I suspect Huddersfield were able to offer Karlan something in a similar range of 15 to 20k.

Lyle Taylor will not get a contract offer for bigger than 12k p/w from anyone in our new league.

Just because the average is high, it doesn’t mean that’s the going rate. You need to see a per club break down to understand that these averages are heavily skewed by monster Premier League contracts.
    If you are right then you’ve made my day. All the numbers in Airman’s article had me depressed. You’ve made me feel somewhat better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bugger. In the time it took me to write my Grapevine-esque post in reply to Napa inflating his figures, 
    I see everybody else has already covered every point I made.

C'est la vie. :smile:

• edited June 2019
    Oggy Red said:

Bugger. In the time it took me to write my Grapevine-esque post in reply to Napa inflating his figures, 

If you want I can say we will be sold for £70M and you can have a second chance at it!  ;)
  • Oggy Red said:

Bugger. In the time it took me to write my Grapevine-esque post in reply to Napa inflating his figures, 

If you want I can say we will be sold for £70M and you can have a second chance at it!  ;)
    Thank you, Napa. Nice response. What would Charlton life do without you? :smile:

• Napa you’re way over inflating your figures again.

Lyle Taylor will not get a contract offer for bigger than 12k p/w from anyone in our new league.

If you are right then you’ve made my day. All the numbers in Airman’s article had me depressed. You’ve made me feel somewhat better. 
    One thing mate - if you ever start your own business, can I come and work for you?  ;)
    Well, if you were in the Championship, Ricky ...... Napa would offer you £30k pw. :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

One thing mate - if you ever start your own business, can I come and work for you?  ;)
    Well, if you were in the Championship, Ricky ...... Napa would offer you £30k pw. :smile:

I’m not taking £70k pay cut. I’m off to Villa.
  • Just has a look at some of the top strikers wages in the championship, just a few

Lewis Grabban - Forest - 35k
    Neal Maupay - Brentford - 21k
    Che Adams - Birmingham - 17.5k
    Kemar Roofe - Leeds - 6k (must be wrong)
    Britt Assombalonga - Boro - 40k rising to 60k with bonuses
    Steven Fletcher - Wednesday - 30k
    Famara Diedhiou - Bristol City - 35k (seems high) 

Now I don't know how accurate these are, the only ones that seem definite are Grabbans, Adams, Fletcher and Assombalongas as I saw them on articles. But Jesus wept. We really are in a shark tank wage wise and can't compete with that 

• Oggy Red said:

I’m not taking £70k pay cut. I’m off to Villa.
    Just checked on Wiki, Ricky_Otto. I see you're now 51 ....... quite possibly not top of Villa's scouting list right now?

I'd take Napa's offer, if I were you..... £70k for a 'never quite made it' has-been might never be offered to you again.

• edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Who were the big earners and what wages? Igor, Jorge, Sarr, JBG who else? 

It was a finger in the air guesstimate. You've already added 3 more names to your estimate by listing the those ones, I am certain of I am sure we can find one or two others.

I believe:
    TW was on big money.
    Diarra wasn't particularly cheap if I remember correctly.  
    Vaz Te wasn't a cheap option, despite his age, he demanded a hefty wedge to join us.

I don't have the salaries, not even sure where to find them but I remember the estimates all being over £10k a week.