Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Napa you’re way over inflating your figures again.

Villa will not offer anything more than 20k p/w to a lad who has yet to achieve anything outside of the Championship.

I suspect Huddersfield were able to offer Karlan something in a similar range of 15 to 20k.

Lyle Taylor will not get a contract offer for bigger than 12k p/w from anyone in our new league.

Just because the average is high, it doesn’t mean that’s the going rate. You need to see a per club break down to understand that these averages are heavily skewed by monster Premier League contracts.
    If you are right then you’ve made my day. All the numbers in Airman’s article had me depressed. You’ve made me feel somewhat better. 
    One thing mate - if you ever start your own business, can I come and work for you?  ;)
    Well, if you were in the Championship, Ricky ...... Napa would offer you £30k pw. :smile:

I’m not taking £70k pay cut. I’m off to Villa.
    Just checked on Wiki, Ricky_Otto. I see you're now 51 ....... quite possibly not top of Villa's scouting list right now?

I'd take Napa's offer, if I were you..... £70k for a 'never quite made it' has-been might never be offered to you again.

I think I might risk Armed Robbery again tbh.
  • Erm ..... can't risk giving you a like for that, Ricky. :smile:
  • Just has a look at some of the top strikers wages in the championship, just a few

Lewis Grabban - Forest - 35k
    Neal Maupay - Brentford - 21k
    Che Adams - Birmingham - 17.5k
    Kemar Roofe - Leeds - 6k (must be wrong)
    Britt Assombalonga - Boro - 40k rising to 60k with bonuses
    Steven Fletcher - Wednesday - 30k
    Famara Diedhiou - Bristol City - 35k (seems high) 

Now I don't know how accurate these are, the only ones that seem definite are Grabbans, Adams, Fletcher and Assombalongas as I saw them on articles. But Jesus wept. We really are in a shark tank wage wise and can't compete with that 

Sure that’s scary but what did any of those sides achieve this season? What were Norwich paying Pukki? What weekly wage was Billy Sharp on? To a lesser extent, take a look at the contracts of Lee Gregory and Steve Morison at Millwall.

I bet they are all comfortably under 20k, possibly closer to 10k with the exception of Pukki who may well be on 15k+.

You are a fool and deserve what you get if you’re paying Steven Fletcher 30k p/w...

You don’t HAVE TO pay these extortionate contracts to have success in the Championship.
  • edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    No chance we will offer him 30k that's insane money for us. Wasn't Jorge Teixeira our top earner on like 15k a week and that crippled us? 

The more I think about it the less likely I think our top players are going to stay. At most I think we would offer Aribo what 10k, Aston Villa would offer at the bare minimum 30k. 
    No what crippled us was having 5 or 6 players on similar figures none of which showing they were worth it. (Except Igor at the time - He was phenomenal until that first injury)
    Who were the big earners and what wages? Igor, Jorge, Sarr, JBG who else? 

Around that time, Airman disclosed that Naby Sarr was the highest earner, on £274,000 p.a.  That is 'only' about £5,270 a week.
  • He obviously loves it hear. Is it next summer his cointract is up? 
  • Just has a look at some of the top strikers wages in the championship, just a few

Now I don't know how accurate these are, the only ones that seem definite are Grabbans, Adams, Fletcher and Assombalongas as I saw them on articles. But Jesus wept. We really are in a shark tank wage wise and can't compete with that 

Sure that’s scary but what did any of those sides achieve this season? What were Norwich paying Pukki? What weekly wage was Billy Sharp on? To a lesser extent, take a look at the contracts of Lee Gregory and Steve Morison at Millwall.

I bet they are all comfortably under 20k, possibly closer to 10k with the exception of Pukki who may well be on 15k+.

You are a fool and deserve what you get if you’re paying Steven Fletcher 30k p/w...

You don’t HAVE TO pay these extortionate contracts to have success in the Championship.
    Good point, some the wages are OTT for some players. I am just showing that we will struggle to lure players. Sometimes it could be a bullet dodge, other times we could miss out just have to see.

As far as I can see Lee Gregory was on 8k originally when Millwall signed him from Halifax, can't see how much his improved contract was but if you had to guess surely 10/15k mark, anywhere between there. Pukki I can't seem to find, all I can see on Google was 500k per year but that's in 2012 and Sharp I have seen ranges of 15-25k so somewhere along that sum. 

So realistically we are looking at Millwall type salaries for our players. I know he isn't in the same league anymore but Will Grigg was on 12k at Wigan maybe even more cause this was an old web page. I reckon he is on more with Sunderland
  • I know someone who came through the youth team at a premier league club, he didn’t reach the first team but played for them in preseason friendlies, got on the bench for league cup games (but didn’t play), went out on loan to league 2 clubs and did well, that sort of level. He earned £300 a week.  

He was released a couple of years ago and now plays non-league football, he earns more doing that than he did as a teenager with a premier league side.

I don’t think you can assume that being with a premier league side automatically means you earn tens of thousands of pounds a week.  
  • Bowyer signing is pivotal! If he doesn’t....Bye Lyle! 

Fuck off Roland!
  • milo said:
    I know someone who came through the youth team at a premier league club, he didn’t reach the first team but played for them in preseason friendlies, got on the bench for league cup games (but didn’t play), went out on loan to league 2 clubs and did well, that sort of level. He earned £300 a week.  

He was released a couple of years ago and now plays non-league football, he earns more doing that than he did as a teenager with a premier league side.

I don’t think you can assume that being with a premier league side automatically means you earn tens of thousands of pounds a week.  
    Kid at Forest Hill Boys with AA Jr was on £300pw as an under-18 at Chelsea.  If he’d gone pro at 18 he’d have gone to £3,000pw. That was about six years ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I know kid just signing for Gainsborough £4000 signing on fee and £400 a week gk

• cafc_se7 said:
    Bowyer signing is pivotal! If he doesn’t....Bye Lyle! 

Fuck off Roland!
    This is 100% true. And goodbye to a lot of other players. And goodbye to Championship :smile:
  • milo said:
    I know someone who came through the youth team at a premier league club, he didn’t reach the first team but played for them in preseason friendlies, got on the bench for league cup games (but didn’t play), went out on loan to league 2 clubs and did well, that sort of level. He earned £300 a week.  

Kid at Forest Hill Boys with AA Jr was on £300pw as an under-18 at Chelsea.  If he’d gone pro at 18 he’d have gone to £3,000pw. That was about six years ago. 
    That's Chelsea, though.

They pay enormous wages to youngsters, which is why their parents push them to sign for Chelsea academy.

And why Chelsea can hoover up so much young talent.

• edited June 2019
    Just has a look at some of the top strikers wages in the championship, just a few

With Roland's shit brain we can't.
    But with a smart owner, we easily could. And would.
    According to Airman, the club is losing 8-10M per year. We will be gaining 5-8M more in revenues this year in The Championship. Re-signing Aribo to 25k per week (1.25M per year) is easy as pie. Getting Bauer at (total guess) 10k/week, Jonny at 8k... Eaves and Lamieras at 10k/week.... all of them together is just ... 3.3M !!! That can be done without breaking a sweat given the club will have an extra 5-8M in turnover this year. In fact, we could do all that and Roland's losses would actually drop from 8-10M per year down to 5-8M. No brainer, unless my numbers are way off (which... ummm.... you know, they occasionally are. :# ) But are they?
  • Anyone seen him getting involved in a bit of back and forth with Samantha Quek (GB hockey player) on Twitter yesterday?

She deleted the initial tweet calling him out for something or other and calling him a troll, so wondered if anyone caught it!
  • Anyone seen him getting involved in a bit of back and forth with Samantha Quek (GB hockey player) on Twitter yesterday?

She deleted the initial tweet calling him out for something or other and calling him a troll, so wondered if anyone caught it!
    I saw this is how it started

Sam also tweeted this

• All a bit surreal really!

Been going on today from what I've seen as well. 
  • Why is Quek insinuating that these women are more competent at discussing football than men?

Surely they can be equally competent.
  • There were also about 10 tweets from Sam Quek to Lyle that she later deleted.
    after the derogatory tweet they went back and forth for a while. The attention tweet was posted a while after she deleted the others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised Martin Keown hasnt got involved
  • Playground stuff, must fancy each other. 
  • Sadly I don't think Lyle comes out of this very well. Only caveat is that I didn't see her deleted tweets.
  • She’s a bin dipping mug. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Why is Quek insinuating that these women are more competent at discussing football than men?

Surely they can be equally competent.
    I expect she's just emphasising that they were competent, in anticipation of criticism that they aren't. It would all be fine if there weren't so many people apparently living in terror that women are about to take over the world. 
  • Uboat said:
    Sadly I don't think Lyle comes out of this very well. Only caveat is that I didn't see her deleted tweets.

I think Lyle's initial point is fair though.  I can understand why Sam Quek tweeted what she did.  Modern feminism does like the positive affirmations, but this one comes across as massively cringe.

• Why oh why do sports personalities get involved on twitter and facebook.....they’re asking for trouble!