Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    To interject on the Solly stuff as the narrative has gone too far down a certain path on that one not to be corrected - he did offer to be available for the remainder of his contract, but was told no thanks. 
    Therein lies the difference. 
    You mean charlton fans are not all racist ? 
    Who said racist ?
    If youre a child, not long until youre back at school. If youre of adult age, you need a hobby or a hug.
    Personal insults now ? its cute you thought you had a point, i just explained mine.
  • but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

All this said it happened, i understand why he did what he did but it doesnt sit well with me and he has burnt his bridges why he still cares is beyond me. However Solly also refused to play when it made even less sense for him and is welcomed back with open arms, i think we all know why.
    Yes, because one was a squad player who had been told he wasn’t needed next season and would have played exactly one match as a rotation option to rest the preferred right back. Instead a different academy player filled that role and did fine. The other was absolutely our best player and talisman, and our only chance of getting the goals we needed to stay up. We didn’t and we’ve not got back up since. Let’s not pretend the two situations had anything like the same effect 
    But the point is still valid there was still no reason for Solly to refuse to play but he did it anyway, he wasnt going on to a life changing move like I was (sorry, Lyle was), Also Lyle wasn't our best player that season, our season went down hill when Gallagher left for me as we lacked any tenacity in midfields but thats bar the point as im not defending Taylor. Let’s not pretend we cant see the other reason why Solly is welcomed back as "one of own" when he was our club captain that refused to play.
    Gallagher didn’t play for us anymore. Lyle did. Similarly prime Scott Parker would have been our best player by your logic but he too no longer played for us. Lyle was our best player of people who actually played for us, I don’t feel like that should really need explaining. I can speak for myself when I say that what I was and remain upset about is that we needed Taylor to stay up, he refused to play and we didn’t. Solly would have contributed exactly zero to us staying up unless he’d scored a last minute worldie against Cardiff to add to his 3 goals in 300 appearances. You can invent whatever secret reason you like for why they’re treated differently but it isn’t going to change reality. 
    Its not a secret reason we all know why but feel free to live in denial. Our club captain who had no reason to decided to refuse to be available then when it's convenient he decides to return but he is welcomed back with open arms. Taylor aside and we don't need to discuss that anymore as we all know what happened there, Solly has never explained why he refused to be available and the decent thing even if he wasn't going to play would be to say I'm here if you need me.

Btw im not saying anyone should forgive Taylor but you should keep the same energy for ALL the players who refused to play.

It just shames as all when people just refuse to see the REAL difference between the two. 
    I genuinely don’t know what reason you are alluding to. Please clarify for me 
    I explained already previously. Solly is seen as "one of our own" so we forgive our club captain making himself unavailable allegedly
  • What does he mean he opted against signing a short-term contract? Why would one have been needed? Surely he was still contracted to us at the time? Is he trying to male excuses?
  • I think where he's ended up is a big sign of he's attitude,  he left us for bigger things and it went really well didn't it lol 
  • edited August 21
    What does he mean he opted against signing a short-term contract? Why would one have been needed? Surely he was still contracted to us at the time? Is he trying to male excuses?
    It was the Covid stoppage season. Players contracts run out 30th June I believe. There were 6 further games beyond that. Some players played on, some refused to play after 30th June (Solly) and some refused to play at all (Taylor). 

I assume we tried to arrange short term contracts to extend to the end of that seasons games, but he refused that also. 
  • edited August 21
    What does he mean he opted against signing a short-term contract? Why would one have been needed? Surely he was still contracted to us at the time? Is he trying to male excuses?
    I suppose his argument has always been that his Contract expired on 30th June of that season.

Meaning he was only contractually obligated to play the first three matches

So imagine he's saying he'd have wanted a short term contract to play the other six (?) games - Again I'm pretty sure there were others Out of Contract that summer both at the club and elsewhere, who didnt need such "extensions" so not sure why he needed that
  • Dizzle said:
    It was the Covid stoppage season. Players contracts run out 30th June I believe. There were 6 further games beyond that. Some players played on, some refused to play after 30th June (Solly) and some refused to play at all (Taylor). 

I assume we tried to arrange short term contracts to extend to the end of that seasons games, but he refused that also. 
    Did they specifically end on 30 June? If so, wouldn't that have affected numerous players - at Charlton and elsewhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    To interject on the Solly stuff as the narrative has gone too far down a certain path on that one not to be corrected - he did offer to be available for the remainder of his contract, but was told no thanks. 
    Therein lies the difference. 
    Hope thats true and if it is hands up i apologise, however i remember Bowyer confirming he refused though could be wrong ?
    If only someone with inside knowledge and was working at the club at the time would come forward and give us their version of events?

Oh.........
    Have I missed something, who has links to the club ? @Ollywozere ?
    Indeed
  • JaShea99 said:
    Still trying to justify it 4 years later 😂. Why does he still care?!
    Because he still hasn't justified it.
  • Dizzle said:

Did they specifically end on 30 June? If so, wouldn't that have affected numerous players - at Charlton and elsewhere?
    I am pretty sure I remember that being the case at the time. It was debated A LOT on here due to Taylor’s decision. Many played on with what I assume would be a rolling contract. 
  • edited August 21
    Dizzle said:
    Dizzle said:

I am pretty sure I remember that being the case at the time. It was debated A LOT on here due to Taylor’s decision. Many played on with what I assume would be a rolling contract. 
    exactly - he's just trying to have an excuse/justification
  • What does he mean he opted against signing a short-term contract? Why would one have been needed? Surely he was still contracted to us at the time? Is he trying to male excuses?
    I suppose his argument has always been that his Contract expired on 30th June of that season.

Meaning he was only contractually obligated to play the first three matches

So imagine he's saying he'd have wanted a short term contract to play the other six (?) games - Again I'm pretty sure there were others Out of Contract that summer both at the club and elsewhere, who didnt need such "extensions" so not sure why he needed that
    The thing is I would of forgave him if he said he would play up to the 30th June at least
  • It’s ironic Taylor’s big move ended up being pretty much the end of his career. Granted he got a big pay cheque but  the last few years have just seen him drift from club to club leaving disappointment wherever he goes.
  • It’s ironic Taylor’s big move ended up being pretty much the end of his career. Granted he got a big pay cheque but  the last few years have just seen him drift from club to club leaving disappointment wherever he goes.
    I wonder which he'd have preferred? Happy to take the ££s
  • edited August 21
    Interesting stuff about Chris Solly. Does anyone know where the Lyle Taylor thread has gone?
  • Sponsored links:

That's not irony, that's karma
  • but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

All this said it happened, i understand why he did what he did but it doesnt sit well with me and he has burnt his bridges why he still cares is beyond me. However Solly also refused to play when it made even less sense for him and is welcomed back with open arms, i think we all know why.
    Yes, because one was a squad player who had been told he wasn’t needed next season and would have played exactly one match as a rotation option to rest the preferred right back. Instead a different academy player filled that role and did fine. The other was absolutely our best player and talisman, and our only chance of getting the goals we needed to stay up. We didn’t and we’ve not got back up since. Let’s not pretend the two situations had anything like the same effect 
    But the point is still valid there was still no reason for Solly to refuse to play but he did it anyway, he wasnt going on to a life changing move like I was (sorry, Lyle was), Also Lyle wasn't our best player that season, our season went down hill when Gallagher left for me as we lacked any tenacity in midfields but thats bar the point as im not defending Taylor. Let’s not pretend we cant see the other reason why Solly is welcomed back as "one of own" when he was our club captain that refused to play.
    Gallagher didn’t play for us anymore. Lyle did. Similarly prime Scott Parker would have been our best player by your logic but he too no longer played for us. Lyle was our best player of people who actually played for us, I don’t feel like that should really need explaining. I can speak for myself when I say that what I was and remain upset about is that we needed Taylor to stay up, he refused to play and we didn’t. Solly would have contributed exactly zero to us staying up unless he’d scored a last minute worldie against Cardiff to add to his 3 goals in 300 appearances. You can invent whatever secret reason you like for why they’re treated differently but it isn’t going to change reality. 
    Its not a secret reason we all know why but feel free to live in denial. Our club captain who had no reason to decided to refuse to be available then when it's convenient he decides to return but he is welcomed back with open arms. Taylor aside and we don't need to discuss that anymore as we all know what happened there, Solly has never explained why he refused to be available and the decent thing even if he wasn't going to play would be to say I'm here if you need me.

Btw im not saying anyone should forgive Taylor but you should keep the same energy for ALL the players who refused to play.

It just shames as all when people just refuse to see the REAL difference between the two. 
    I explained already previously. Solly is seen as "one of our own" so we forgive our club captain making himself unavailable allegedly
    Oh right, that’s something that you’ve invented and applied to everyone, which is odd. I don’t care that Solly is ‘one of our own’, I still haven’t forgiven Scott Parker for 2004, I’m quite happy to be annoyed at academy players. I just don’t care about Solly because we didn’t need him and his service before that offset it entirely. What you’re forgetting in this thing you’ve concocted is David Davis didn’t come back either. He’s not one of our own but he was rubbish in the 5 games he did play and I reckon most of the people on this thread don’t even remember he was here, let alone hate him. Hardly one of our own. Taylor’s absence killed what had already been a really difficult season and he showed absolutely no remorse for it, that’s the reason. 
    It's an opinion by your logic everything on this forum is invented ? Also I've not applied it to everyone, if y want to criticise anything I've said actually criticise the points I've made not the ones you apply to me for sake of your own feelings
  • edited August 22
    but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

Oh right, that’s something that you’ve invented and applied to everyone, which is odd. I don’t care that Solly is ‘one of our own’, I still haven’t forgiven Scott Parker for 2004, I’m quite happy to be annoyed at academy players. I just don’t care about Solly because we didn’t need him and his service before that offset it entirely. What you’re forgetting in this thing you’ve concocted is David Davis didn’t come back either. He’s not one of our own but he was rubbish in the 5 games he did play and I reckon most of the people on this thread don’t even remember he was here, let alone hate him. Hardly one of our own. Taylor’s absence killed what had already been a really difficult season and he showed absolutely no remorse for it, that’s the reason. 
    It's an opinion by your logic everything on this forum is invented ? Also I've not applied it to everyone, if y want to criticise anything I've said actually criticise the points I've made not the ones you apply to me for sake of your own feelings
    ‘Solly…is welcomed back with open arms, I think we all know why’

’let’s not pretend we can’t see the other reason Solly was welcomed back’

’it just shames us all when people refuse to see the REAL difference between the two’. 

These are all quotes from you. You’ve not expressed it as an opinion, you’ve repeatedly denied other people’s justifications for why they are annoyed at Taylor and said there’s a secret reason that they refuse to acknowledge and you’ve also said that it ‘shames us all’ when we don’t accept that it’s a homegrown player thing, which is you very much applying it to everyone. Multiple people have said they don’t care about the homegrown player thing, but you just tell them they’re lying or refusing to accept the truth. You’ll notice I’ve quoted you there, which is me criticising the points you’ve made, as I have been this whole time, shown in the parts about Parker and Davis which you have ignored because they don’t fit your position of ‘this is what I think and therefore anyone who doesn’t agree is in denial’. You’re projecting. 
  • Can we retitle this thread "Attention Seeking".  Seems to cover many aspects.
  • edited August 22
    Further reports on top of what came out on Twitter  two days ago.. seems to be made up of quotes from the interview with radio 5

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/norwich-city-lyle-taylor-backs-jon-rowe-over-controversial-decision-marseille-leeds-united/

The former Addicks striker continued to speak about how an injury clause within his contract made it more difficult for him to depart and that himself and the club went through many different options to find a solution.

Taylor added: "The fact that there was an owner of the football club (Charlton), who didn't want to put his hand in his pocket to make those things possible, to make those things happen, stopped it from happening.

Etc etc

• edited August 22
    The Sun is carrying the story too. Part of the interview in in the previous Twitter link. Don't think the insurance policy is previously mentioned. Seems ambiguous.

""We offered an insurance policy against me so that should I have got a long-term injury, it would have then meant that the loss of that contract was negated to a degree. That was rejected.

"We tried to find a way around the issues... there was an owner of the football club who stopped it from happening.

"So I had to make a decision that was best for me because the club had already made a decision that was best for them.

"At the end of the day, I'm still Judas because I made a decision for me.""

• edited August 22
    but would you have paid my mortgage and given me the money should I have got injured in those matches before my move to Forest ? sorry I mean would you have paid Lyle.

‘Solly…is welcomed back with open arms, I think we all know why’

’let’s not pretend we can’t see the other reason Solly was welcomed back’

’it just shames us all when people refuse to see the REAL difference between the two’. 

These are all quotes from you. You’ve not expressed it as an opinion, you’ve repeatedly denied other people’s justifications for why they are annoyed at Taylor and said there’s a secret reason that they refuse to acknowledge and you’ve also said that it ‘shames us all’ when we don’t accept that it’s a homegrown player thing, which is you very much applying it to everyone. Multiple people have said they don’t care about the homegrown player thing, but you just tell them they’re lying or refusing to accept the truth. You’ll notice I’ve quoted you there, which is me criticising the points you’ve made, as I have been this whole time, shown in the parts about Parker and Davis which you have ignored because they don’t fit your position of ‘this is what I think and therefore anyone who doesn’t agree is in denial’. You’re projecting. 
    you are just making stuff up ! :D

Where have I denied anything about peoples justifications, if you read through the posts you can see I have criticised Taylor ?

Where have i accused one person of lying or said they refuse to accept the truth ? go on do it. I told you you are living in denial and as hard as you may try to refuse it, you are NOT everybody.

You criticised what ive said ? but you have just picked a few quotes and then claim they mean something else. Mate seriously get over yourself.
  • Anyway i just need to know if he's back playing and ready to bang in some goals for his latest club so I can get some bets on.
  • The Sun is carrying the story too. Part of the interview in in the previous Twitter link. Don't think the insurance policy is previously mentioned. Seems ambiguous.

""We offered an insurance policy against me so that should I have got a long-term injury, it would have then meant that the loss of that contract was negated to a degree. That was rejected.

"We tried to find a way around the issues... there was an owner of the football club who stopped it from happening.

"So I had to make a decision that was best for me because the club had already made a decision that was best for them.

"At the end of the day, I'm still Judas because I made a decision for me.""

At the end of the day, you are still Judas. full stop.