Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Muted due to the keeper's fumble - should have been a straightforward save
  • Notice that Lyle put on an Instagram post but blocked anyone from commenting on it. Just hope his football does the talking and the keyboard warriors grow up!
  • According to some, he didn't train this week.

So when exactly did they come up with and practice that third goal corner routine?
    More bullshit and lies I’m afraid .
  • Sponsored links:

• The reality is that the better he does for us, the more he will be able to demand wages wise if he does get moved on in January.  

Bowyer strikes me as the sort of manager that won't put up with any nonsense, so I am sure that Taylor knows the score - do the right thing by us, and we will do the right thing by you in the long run.

Another point is that surely Taylor will know that he is in the middle of something promising with us?

Even before these two results I thought we were a good bet to make the top six - momentum goes a long way in football, and given the signings in the last week I am even more confident now.

In Bowyer we trust.
  • I wonder if Bowyer has challenged him to score a hatful between now and January then if a big money offer comes in they’ll accept it?
    Hope not. 
  • Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Bowyer has challenged him to score a hatful between now and January then if a big money offer comes in they’ll accept it?
    Hope not. 
    Think that’s on the cards .enjoy him until Jan 
  • If Charlton are still flying come January it will
    mean he is still scoring for fun and would have to be daft to take the money and run to another club then when bigger riches will be on offer come the summer and he can more or less name his own price if we get promoted and have a place in the team, something that he couldn’t be so sure of in another squad...Ricky holmes for example 
  • Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Bowyer has challenged him to score a hatful between now and January then if a big money offer comes in they’ll accept it?
    Hope not. 
     Or if the Dickheadelet owner is gone, he'll get th £15k he wants.
  • Ladies and gentlemen.

If you do not know what happens behind closed doors...then do not assume things.

Just allow the players to let their football do the talking.

Stop gossiping.

Taylor's goal yesterday....it said quite a lot in my opinion 
  • edited August 2019
    He will play and score. He’s got a goal scoring competition going against some player in a team up north..1-1 at the moment
    2-2 but the other chap has only managed 2 penalties for his goals...
  • ross1 said:
    He may not have celebrated his own goal much but he seemed really excited when he set up Gallagher for his goal
    Jumped into the arms of Aneke after second goal too. 
    If Aneke had jumped into the arms of Taylor ....... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Unless of course he goes on a very bad run of form ;)

Have to admit out of all this I saw someone tweet a comment from Seb Lewis on FaceBook about the situation and he was quite right

Why try and move to Brentford now when he could stay at Charlton till January at the very least, continue scoring goals and then he's got the chance of either being picked up by a better Championship team or even a Premier League side desperate for an inform Striker, if of course he had moved to Brentford the I'd have seen the latter as less likely, as imagine they wouldnt want to lose him so soon after signing him
  • Valley11 said:
    Hope not. 
    I very much doubt we’ll get a big money offer in January, he’s out of contract six months later.
  • Valley11 said:
    Hope not. 
    I very much doubt we’ll get a big money offer in January, he’s out of contract six months later.
    If he stays till the end of the season then so be it

Either he leaves us on a free the same way he left Wimbledon or he stays because we've potentially exceeded expectations

Going to be awkward if we somehow get promoted to the Premier League after he's expressed an interest to leave

Only question is will Roland let his Contract run down or will he more likely cash in
  • Imagine if we are sitting in the play off places and Brentford are stuck in mid table. Not beyond the realms of possibility. Of course it could be the other way round - but it is a possible scenario looking at our squad now.

Would he really turn his back on the Prem to go and play at Griffin Park?!

In that instance surely he would at least stay till the end of the season 
  • Scoham said:
    Nice of Lee to tell us that we can’t criticise the owner. 

Im not expecting him to slag him off.....but just state the facts and leave out the emotive stuff. 
  • If he doesnt want to sign the revised contract, hopefully we have a good point total by January and can look at replacing him with a younger prospect (along the same lines as Ivan Toney). Then again he might just sign the contract in a weeks time. You never know stranger things have happened 
  • basically hell be offered a new contract that isn't in line of his worth, we should be greatful to the owner for taking a punt on us getting enough points by jan ( and that roland will still be here ) - as there is no way you can get a striker of lyle's skillset for 4 mill. 

in recent times lee is going a little to like robbo, which i hope he doesnt. 
  • we all love to dream but i cant see us being prem any time soon - i said this about championship so who knows, feet firmly on the ground we need 42 more points as quickly as possible.