Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Some people still going on about this on the Facebook group, calling him greedy etc. Bizarre.
  • Some people still going on about this on the Facebook group, calling him greedy etc. Bizarre.
    That post on here about players staying out of respect for Bowyer was even more popular on there than on here. Seem to be a lot fans who expect players to feel the same way about Bowyer and the club that they do.
  • In life before social media, we would all pick & choose who we wanted to listen to, to spend time talking to.
    If you walk in to your local and there are people you want to avoid, then you do so.

Social media should be no different, if you don't want to listen to what certain people say, then you have the choice not to. 

Ok, you have to leave it alone for a while or permanently, but you have the choice and LT probably did the right thing, to log off for a few days.
  • Scott Parker still gets it for his lack of "loyalty" - he "only" played for us 150 times and for 7 seasons. And gave everything on the pitch for us unlike some of the mercenaries who have turned out for us in recent seasons.

That is 80 more appearances than every single member of our current squad bar Solly who has only stayed this long due to his medical history.
  • It's always the same story, however the players behave.  Someone offers you 2-3 times what you're earning, why would you turn that down, realistically?

Compound that by the short-term nature of their careers and the fact that, at any moment, it can be ended by an injury and 'jam tomorrow' is never enough.  The insurance pays out on current earnings, not what they might get on the next move.  That's why the 'stay here for half a season and get an even better deal' is never strong enough, particularly with a self-motivated agent whispering in their ear, and Solly is proof of that right in front of them.

On top of all that, a core reason why we attract top talent in the first place - at any age - is that we promise we'll develop players and sell them on, so there's no moral issue in their minds either.

I have absolutely no doubt that Lyle will be back firing on all cylinders and he'll use it to motivate himself.  But it's not surprising he was disappointed in not getting a big pay rise at the age of 30, and a ton of insurance against an injury.
    Great post
  • If you sign a 2 year contract you shouldn't be trying to force a move a year later. I'm sure Lyle is the type of guy who will get over it and still give his best. If he does the business this season he will be a free agent next season and can cash in then. He could move on and nobody would have any right to complain. As the BFG did , He's left as a legend
    Didn't Harry Maguire just sign a 5 year deal at Leicester? Then sign for Man I.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you sign a 2 year contract you shouldn't be trying to force a move a year later. I'm sure Lyle is the type of guy who will get over it and still give his best. If he does the business this season he will be a free agent next season and can cash in then. He could move on and nobody would have any right to complain. As the BFG did , He's left as a legend
    That's a totally different situation... because.... 
  • Off_it said:
    Wow. This thread is bad enough but I’m So so glad I’m not one of those sad people who seem to live their lives on Twatter. Get some perspective - and get a fucking life
    This man nailed it earlier in the thread.
  • Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Wow. This thread is bad enough but I’m So so glad I’m not one of those sad people who seem to live their lives on Twatter. Get some perspective - and get a fucking life
    This man nailed it earlier in the thread.
    Indeed.
  • edited August 2019
    Scott Parker still gets it for his lack of "loyalty" - he "only" played for us 150 times and for 7 seasons. And gave everything on the pitch for us unlike some of the mercenaries who have turned out for us in recent seasons.

That is 80 more appearances than every single member of our current squad bar Solly who has only stayed this long due to his medical history.
    He's still a ****, I'll never see Charlton in Europe thanks to him.
    Perhaps you should direct your anger at Curbishley and Murray, as they were the ones who accepted the bid from Chelsea. If we hadn't have accepted the bid then he wouldn't have gone anywhere.
    I've always believed that this was badly handled by the pair of them. All they had to say was that "we won't sell you in January but agree to let you go in the Summer. Stay and play like you have for the first half of the season; help get us into Europe for the first time" (we would have finished 4th IMO) ; "leave, if you still want to, as a hero and play yourself into the England Euros squad." 
    The wrong decision was made and it went tits up for both parties thereafter.
    You still cannot blame any footballer that wants to double or triple his earnings when the opportunity is presented. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If you sign a 2 year contract you shouldn't be trying to force a move a year later. I'm sure Lyle is the type of guy who will get over it and still give his best. If he does the business this season he will be a free agent next season and can cash in then. He could move on and nobody would have any right to complain. As the BFG did , He's left as a legend
    That's a totally different situation... because.... 
    In fairness (and only according to rumour) they did have an agreement that he'd sign a long contract but they were happy to sell him for the right price. It was about maximising his value for them (RD take note.)
  • Great reception for Taylor which he acknowledged 
  • .....as that’s why I said give him what he wants....worth his weight in gold!!
  • He talks with his feet,
    He talks with his feet,
    Lyle Taylor, he talks with his feet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn’t effect his performance which is the main thing.
  • edited August 2019
    Didn’t effect his performance which is the main thing.
    Absolutely
  • o:) Thanks Lyle
  • Hi Mametz how are you.
    Still agreeing with you and enjoying this season.
  • Didn't I see him hug Bowyer at the end?
  • Didn't see the game due to other sporting commitments.
    How was his reaction to getting the goal and presumably the support he received as a result?
  • Shows everyone saying he was on strike and didn't want to be here was talking poo, even encouraging a new boy to help in the tunnel jump.
  • Our Lyle is up and running! Never doubted his commitment. Loved the wink to Bowyer after the 'foul' on him near the end!
  • LTKapal said:
    Didn't see the game due to other sporting commitments.
    How was his reaction to getting the goal and presumably the support he received as a result?
    Definitely a muted celebration