Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• This from the end of November didn’t exactly age well. No wonder he took himself off twitter...

Maybe Taylor and his agent are playing the game we all feared incoming players and their agents would play when they heard we have a wealthy middle Eastern link.

You don't expect it from you're own, but there really is no difference.
  • This from the end of November didn’t exactly age well. No wonder he took himself off twitter...

Maybe Taylor and his agent are playing the game we all feared incoming players and their agents would play when they heard we have a wealthy middle Eastern link.

You don't expect it from your own, but there really is no difference.
    Considering he rejected an improved Roland contract already, he's already been playing the greed game. 

I don't blame him. Just saying.
  • It's been 5 days since the takeover was confirmed, people need to 100% chill out.

This isn't the same as Yann - he wasn't offered what he was worth, and the decision was made by a Belgian that Yann should go.
  • The two key priorities for ESI in this new dawn for Charlton Athletic were to secure our star striker and talisman Lyle Taylor and the services of Lee Bowyer. 

Both were instrumental in the unlikely rescue of the club from disaster and the unforgettable Wembley play off victory. Both make the club tick. 

So far they have failed to achieve either. 

Some people have very short memories. Losing Lyle is just the same as losing Yann. Losing LB will be just like losing CP.  And we know what happened then. 

It's early days i know but I already have deja vu.  This feels like Roland 2.
    I see your name fits.

It does, and that's what confuses me. I've always enjoyed playing golf!
  • Sell him asap or sign a contract Taylor.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    The only aspect that I am upset about is that Lyle missed 15 weeks while injured on International duty.

We all know that if he hadn't have missed these games, our league position would be quite healthy at the moment. Accepting a 2 year boosted contract and leave once achieved current goal with current goal almost sounds a bit tooo romantic for the modern era. 
  • Pompey just signed a central striker, perhaps we could get him before he settles in  :)
  • We know @redhenry has good sources (plural) outside the club so if he's saying it wasn't a good offer than I believe him.

Without upsetting Carlyburn and not calling anyone a w****** there are two side to the story as Cawley has just reminded everyone just as there was when Bowyer was "sacked" in the summer for being greedy.

I think this tale has a few more twists in the plot yet.
    @Redhenry said it was a "shit" offer or something equally charged. Like @blackpool72 I have heard it is 16k. I don't think that is a shit offer at all. He might get more from a nut house like Rangers (while they still have cash in the bank, anyway) but that would not make our offer "shit".

So let me ask @redhenry this. Is  the figure you heard less than 15k? Or if in fact we have all three of us heard the same figure, why would you say it is shit?
  • edited January 2020
    The teams interested in Lyle, not including Brentford.

I am surprised Leeds don't go for him, Bamford is a bit inconsistent and I think an in form Taylor secures them promotion, he would suit their system and style 

• The teams interested in Lyle, not including Brentford.

I am surprised Leeds don't go for him, Bamford is a bit inconsistent and I think an in form Taylor secures them promotion, he would suit their system and style 

They don't need him, promotion is there for Leeds to lose, if they carry on as they are they are a Prem team next season and Taylor is not a Premiership Forward.

They don't need him, promotion is there for Leeds to lose, if they carry on as they are they are a Prem team next season and Taylor is not a Premiership Forward.
    Did you watch Leeds implode last season???

They become tired 

Did you watch Leeds implode last season???

They become tired 
    I did, and as I said in my reply, promotion is theirs to lose. I still don't think they need to spend £3m on Taylor to get the job done though.
  • I just can't see what we're going to get with the what, 1.5m (max, probably nearer 1m if that) we'd ever get for Lyle when he's out of contract in the summer that would be better than having him til the end of the year to help keep us up so we can have a rebuild, starting from the Championship.

If West Brom really want him though and give him a chance of Prem football next year and he pushes to go then I guess we have no choice, but I still think it's worth holding on even if he has no interest in re-signing.
  • I just can't see what we're going to get with the what, 1.5m (max, probably nearer 1m if that) we'd ever get for Lyle when he's out of contract in the summer that would be better than having him til the end of the year to help keep us up so we can have a rebuild, starting from the Championship.

If West Brom really want him though and give him a chance of Prem football next year and he pushes to go then I guess we have no choice, but I still think it's worth holding on even if he has no interest in re-signing.
    Which is why he's not been transfer listed, I assume.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame, but can't begrudge the lad.  Footballers have a short career and he has just a few years left to cash in.

Either we will sell him and recoup a fee or keep him as an asset to help us stay up before he leaves in the summer.

Either way, we move on.

I have faith in LB, SG and ESI to do the right thing for the club. Onwards and upwards!
  • We know @redhenry has good sources (plural) outside the club so if he's saying it wasn't a good offer than I believe him.

Without upsetting Carlyburn and not calling anyone a w****** there are two side to the story as Cawley has just reminded everyone just as there was when Bowyer was "sacked" in the summer for being greedy.

@Redhenry said it was a "shit" offer or something equally charged. Like @blackpool72 I have heard it is 16k. I don't think that is a shit offer at all. He might get more from a nut house like Rangers (while they still have cash in the bank, anyway) but that would not make our offer "shit".

So let me ask @redhenry this. Is  the figure you heard less than 15k? Or if in fact we have all three of us heard the same figure, why would you say it is shit?
    £16k per week £832k x 3years is around £2.5m 

where we gonna get a striker as good as him all in wages and purchase price for that .

he's worth more than that to us and to himself 
    he was also offered a loyalty bonus plus a signing on fee

£16k per week £832k x 3years is around £2.5m 

where we gonna get a striker as good as him all in wages and purchase price for that .

he's worth more than that to us and to himself 
    he was also offered a loyalty bonus plus a signing on fee
    so many different versions of what he has and hasn't been offered but prague or blackpool have you heard any signing on numbers 
  • edited January 2020
    There are arguments to let Taylor go.

However, there is a danger it will cost us more to replace him than to give him what he's after.  Coupled with the fact we need a striker to keep us up and there is no guarantee the new guy/s will do any better.

• I heard we offered him 12k a week and his current deal is 7-9K
    He came from Wimbledon and we were a league one side when he joined. I'd be very surprised if he's on 9k.
  • There are arguments to let Taylor go.

However, there is a danger it will cost us more to replace him than to give him what he's after.  Coupled with the fact we need a striker to keep us up and there is no guarantee the new guy/s will do any better.

this is the key - with Lyle we know him and know he'll do a job for us, I'll be gutted if/when he goes.

I fear it won't end well for him and he'll become another Ricky Holmes, I hope not.
  • If Lyle does leave I hope Matt’s got a stonker of a signing already lined up to replace him, otherwise he will have really dropped a goolie.
  • I hear what everyone says, but can't help but be disappointed in both him and the club. We suffered on the field in letting Yann go and can't help feeling this will end the same way.