Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Maybe it's not just about money as everyone is assuming, he's got potentially one last contract to have a chance to play in prem whether that's off the bat or joining a team who will be there or there abouts in a year. 
  • Hard not to like, Lyle. Absolute world class shithouse. The finish against Barnsley he made look so easy, none of our other strikers score that imo.

I'm pretty sure he's a stubborn soul so he'll be off in the summer. If not Prem then good enough for a top Championship where the money is a huge jump up.
  • He also doesnt know how they'll complete this season

Mentions that the £250k that would be needed for testing, to hole the players up in a hotel like in the Premier League would pay EVERYONE at Charlton for two weeks
  • insightful
  • well that was thoroughly depressing
  • Sponsored links:

• Good on you, Lyle. 
    He has nothing to lose or gain, irrespective of what happens to Charlton because he will be playing elsewhere next season and good luck to him. 
    If the EFL decide to finish the season and it goes beyond 30 June then I hope that players like Lyle, who would then be out of contract and not looking to re-sign, refuse to play. They would certainly be within their rights and I'm sure would receive the backing of the courts. A contract is a contract and you can't just arbitrarily change the terms. 
  • edited May 2020
    very sad listening to that....Lyle is just pure class
    He really is. Hopefully he has a place in the game when he retires. 
    Would love to see him get a good move now to secure his future. 
  • edited May 2020
    No real surprises. Just drives home even more what is going on. Sickening really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love Taylor. Legend.

Starting to think this is all a long term strategic plan from Roland.

Southall is an utter complete c*nt but Roland has had many of those pets and he might just be another one.
  • edited May 2020
    Circus a poxy fucking circus  
    prick owners of the highest order continually outc**ting each other 

"outc***ing each other" :D
  • Thoroughly depressing. Get yourself the move you deserve Lyle and get out of this circus as quickly as you can. 
  • If only everyone at the club was as honest as Lyle. Great interview and good luck to Lyle whatever the future holds for him.
  • Well that is very depressing, not only the 'circus' quote but the nonsense with the  fiasco with the  contract, and frankly  the lack of respect shown  to Lyle, to me he is the key to survival in the championship. How on earth do we  go forward without players like him.   

• edited May 2020
    This is Matt’s mate. Of course taken with a massive pinch of salt. 

• Did Nadstar have a blackout when Lyle says that Southall offered him a lower contract than Roland?

If anything it confirm they're both as bad as each other