Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Did Nadstar have a blackout when Lyle says that Southall offered him a lower contract than Roland?

If anything it confirm they're both as bad as each other
    he prefers to avoid that
  • have to admit I still can't fathom exactly why offers for Lyle were turned down
    The way I see it is at the end of August; Roland was persuaded that Lyle was important to Charlton's survival, had he still been in charge come January then the situation would have been reassessed based on our League position... i.e. comfortable in mid-table or going for promotion and I reckon Roland may have cashed in, similar to what we saw with Karlan Grant the year before

As for Southall, at the time we didnt know about any issues with him and Nimer... That catfight only came about after the window closed

At the time; Southall wasnt the bad guy towards Charlton fans as there was still a lot of murky shit (i.e. No one knew why the transfer window been so bad) - At that time I bet that Southall expected everything to continue as it had and he'd get to milk the cow - Had he accepted a bid for Taylor then he firstly knew we wouldnt get a replacement (because of the secret embargo) and secondly he'd have been the bad guy with the fans... All that good will from the beginning would have evaporated within an instant and would have potentially highlighted to Nimer how untrustworthy he was.

Of course Nimer isnt the good guy in this either... But had Southall still been here then no we wouldnt know about the transfer embargo and he'd have continued stealing whatever funds he could
  • have to admit I still can't fathom exactly why offers for Lyle were turned down
    If Southall has sold LT in Jan it would have been a repeat of that woman selling the French bloke in her early days at the helm. 
    That act put RD in our bad books early on and Southall was not going to repeat that mistake. 
  • edited May 2020
    I got a reply

It proves nothing, fleecing £3M from the club whilst the fans are still on your side is obvious and the fans would have quickly turned, did you miss the part were Lyle said Southall offered him less than Roland

Whats that got to do with it?

Thats a business negotiation doesnt add or take away from my point IN ANY WAY.

And your point proves nothing, your a friend of the fraud(who by the way has pretty much blocked every charlton fan) his partner's father is slagging of the manager on twitter as well, its clear none of you care about our club, so please please just go, us fans care about #CAFC
  • edited May 2020
    Good on you, Lyle. 
    He has nothing to lose or gain, irrespective of what happens to Charlton because he will be playing elsewhere next season and good luck to him. 
    If the EFL decide to finish the season and it goes beyond 30 June then I hope that players like Lyle, who would then be out of contract and not looking to re-sign, refuse to play. They would certainly be within their rights and I'm sure would receive the backing of the courts. A contract is a contract and you can't just arbitrarily change the terms. 
    All PFA reps in the EFL were asked to get the number of 30 June players who would not play in July. 
    They have the results and are not telling us. 

Spoiler alert-
    its a big number of NO’s. 

Regardless of contracts - football is work, and it’s the right if every working person to withdraw their labour - although there may be a price to pay if there is contract default. 

Thinking logically, who would want to play footy for a month for a team that is not going to renew - with the risk of injury/Covid in that time ?
    That's interesting.
    I suspect that there will be plenty of players, in contract or not at 30 June, who will refuse to play and who could blame them?
    They may have their wages stopped but, at the end of the day, it's only money. 
  • Jesus he is adamant the video proves Southall is innocent of all charges lol

He is a fraud because of what? Why isnt he is prison then? Because Nimer made false claims. This video backs that up.

You are entitled to your opinion asking him to leave fair enough.

• Sponsored links:

• Good interview. Great fella. We are are stuffed. 

Beginning to think that Southall is not so much a crook, or even a chancer but just a complete moron. 
  • Jesus he is adamant the video proves Southall is innocent of all charges lol

He is a fraud because of what? Why isnt he is prison then? Because Nimer made false claims. This video backs that up.

You are entitled to your opinion asking him to leave fair enough.

@paulie8290 I appreciate you engaging with this doofus, but as @Leroy Ambrose says, don’t waste your time. You’ll just get yourself wound up because he’s not going to change his mind. Frankly, he couldn’t give a shit what you think.
  • That was a depressing watch. 
  • I can't even bring myself to watch it ...yet
  • aren't Nad and MS the same person ?
  • mascot88 said:
    I can't even bring myself to watch it ...yet
    Me either.
    Especially as I’ve just read Southalls threat to sue the trust.

I’m glad for all concerned that I can’t leave here.

I’m fecking raging.
    not quite, tell you what though, there's a four letter word that starts with C and ends in T that sums them both up perfectly. 
  • Considering we had 2 opportunities to cash in on Lyle, there are 4 scenarios for how the season could have panned out

a) Sell Lyle and stay up
    b) Keep Lyle and stay up
    c) Sell Lyle and go down
    d) Keep Lyle and go down

From a financial point of view, option (d) the worst scenario looks the most likely outcome...we don't get the transfer fee, and don't stay up either.

Of course football isn't just about the balance sheet, and we got to see him in the red and white for another season (well most of it) which clearly is a positive.
  • edited May 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Good interview. Great fella. We are are stuffed. 

Beginning to think that Southall is not so much a crook, or even a chancer but just a complete moron. 
    Worse. He is all 3.

Nah Just someone who likes to surround himself with scum.
  • Jesus, I thought Nads was like 16 based on his twitter!
  • Jesus, I thought Nads was like 16 based on his twitter!
    Is that Ashley Young next to him?

Nah Just someone who likes to surround himself with scum.
    You look at all the instagrams of the people in that picture and you realise what a vile world football is 
  • How much of a wanker does Mr Velvet with the eyebrows look. Just one of those geezers that's so easy to dislike off nothing but the appearance
    A complete and utter one.
  • Lyle a legend.