Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• iaitch said:
    How much of a wanker does Mr Velvet with the eyebrows look. Just one of those geezers that's so easy to dislike off nothing but the appearance
    A complete and utter one.
    I believe he's an agent . Think he was involved in that fiasco with the young Liverpool striker Bobby Duncan. 
  • Not sure Lyle has been quite as saintly during the shenanigans about his on-off departure as he says but I believe 90% of this. Club sadly is an utter basket case and Lyle deserves better. I’m sure he’ll get it if the world starts turning again. 
  • BFG94 said:
    If only everyone at the club was as honest as Lyle. Great interview and good luck to Lyle whatever the future holds for him.

In all probability the majority people at the club are as honest as Lyle. I don't count Southall or the fake Sheikh or his 'directors' in this comment. 
  • Well that was depressing to watch 
  • Not sure Lyle has been quite as saintly during the shenanigans about his on-off departure as he says but I believe 90% of this. Club sadly is an utter basket case and Lyle deserves better. I’m sure he’ll get it if the world starts turning again. 
    So what do you think that Lyle has done wrong then? 
  • Well, it only really confirmed what we knew about the owners, didn’t it? However, it did clear up the speculation about Lyle’s situation in the 2 transfer windows. Like others, I don’t understand why they didn’t sell him when it would have given then £3-4m extra to blow since January - especially when this whole shambles was going to blow up very quickly anyway. 

Sadly, I think the club really is a bust flush now. Have you ever seen such a shambolic situation on so many levels that feels impossible to resolve? Probably the perfect shit-storm for our beloved club.

1. The Coronavirus is likely to relegate us 
    2. The ownership of the club is split and indefinitely unresolvable
    3. The mounting debts and bogus contracts is sending us into administration
    4. The EFL are investigating us and very likely to penalise the club, badly
    5. The main investor seems to have no money and has paid nothing towards the running of the club since buying it
    6. None of the issues above are resolvable in the current global pandemic - the first for over 100 years.
    7. We can’t even hold any protests anywhere because of the pandemic

I feel totally paralysed and completely devastated and gutted. I genuinely feel that my wonderful 40 years following Charlton are grinding to a terrible end. How the hell can it go so wrong, so quickly.

What can we do, people?
  • meldrew66 said:
    Well, it only really confirmed what we knew about the owners, didn’t it? However, it did clear up the speculation about Lyle’s situation in the 2 transfer windows. Like others, I don’t understand why they didn’t sell him when it would have given then £3-4m extra to blow since January - especially when this whole shambles was going to blow up very quickly anyway. 

Sadly, I think the club really is a bust flush now. Have you ever seen such a shambolic situation on so many levels that feels impossible to resolve? Probably the perfect shit-storm for our beloved club.

5. The main investor seems to have no money and has paid nothing towards the running of the club since buying it
    6. None of the issues above are resolvable in the current global pandemic - the first for over 100 years.

I feel totally paralysed and completely devastated and gutted. I genuinely feel that my wonderful 40 years following Charlton are grinding to a terrible end. How the hell can it go so wrong, so quickly.

What can we do, people?
    Nothing unfortunately, we are fucked.
  • meldrew66 said:
    Well, it only really confirmed what we knew about the owners, didn’t it? However, it did clear up the speculation about Lyle’s situation in the 2 transfer windows. Like others, I don’t understand why they didn’t sell him when it would have given then £3-4m extra to blow since January - especially when this whole shambles was going to blow up very quickly anyway. 

What can we do, people?
    Oh, mate. I can’t believe this. Getting angrier by the second.
  • Wondering if the ‘transfer imbargo’ which came out long after the transfer window shut, meant we could neither buy nor sell in January?
  • Sponsored links:

I don’t think he’s done anything wrong but I suspect he made more of a fuss when the Brentford bid was on the table than he’s saying. 
    I don’t think he’s done anything wrong but I suspect he made more of a fuss when the Brentford bid was on the table than he’s saying. 
    Was it to double or treble his wages , at the age of 30 never having had a big payday I wonder why he may have made a fuss 
    oh yeah and the way he’s just coasted on the pitch since and definitely feigned injury for a bit 
    Was it to double or treble his wages , at the age of 30 never having had a big payday I wonder why he may have made a fuss 
    oh yeah and the way he’s just coasted on the pitch since and definitely feigned injury for a bit 
    I didn’t suggest that he’d coasted or feigned injury. Quite the contrary. Of course he made a fuss. And every one of us in the same situation would have done so too. I was simply making the point that from the Facebook interview you would have thought butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth. 
    I didn’t suggest that he’d coasted or feigned injury. Quite the contrary. Of course he made a fuss. And every one of us in the same situation would have done so too. I was simply making the point that from the Facebook interview you would have thought butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth. 
    You were implying he hadn’t behaved in the correct manor with his circumstances , I think he behaved as reasonable as can be expected,  he’s hardly gonna say oh great a chance to stay at this joke club and earn less money yippee 
    Anything else would be lame and bizarre .
  • have to admit I still can't fathom exactly why offers for Lyle were turned down
    Even before ESI's takeover was approved, they made a statement along the lines of tying Bowyer & Taylor down...Losing Gallagher was bad enough, and a hell of a lot more fans were questioning things after the mediocre signings we ended up with in January. If Southall had sold Taylor he would've got the same reaction RD got for selling Yann, and being under a transfer embargo, he knew nobody of similar quality was ever coming in...Keeping Taylor kept the wolves at bay until the ESI spat went public.
    You were implying he hadn’t behaved in the correct manor with his circumstances , I think he behaved as reasonable as can be expected,  he’s hardly gonna say oh great a chance to stay at this joke club and earn less money yippee 
    I didn’t imply anything of the sort. He made a fuss. He was entitled to. Read what I wrote. 
    Not sure Lyle has been quite as saintly during the shenanigans about his on-off departure as he says but I believe 90% of this. Club sadly is an utter basket case and Lyle deserves better. I’m sure he’ll get it if the world starts turning again. 
    I didn’t imply anything of the sort. He made a fuss. He was entitled to. Read what I wrote. 
    So what fuss did he make? 
    Not sure Lyle has been quite as saintly during the shenanigans about his on-off departure as he says but I believe 90% of this. Club sadly is an utter basket case and Lyle deserves better. I’m sure he’ll get it if the world starts turning again. 
    So what fuss did he make? 
    Well documented at the time.  I’m not rising to the bait chaps. That’s my last word on the subject. Find somebody else to pick a fight with if you’re bored. 
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:

What can we do, people?
    Oh, mate. I can’t believe this. Getting angrier by the second.
    I've been thinking about this a lot. Imagine if we go out of business. RD is then left with a football ground and a training ground. We seem to already have determined that it is not possible to build houses on the football ground as planning permission would not be forthcoming. Therefore RD would be left needing to find tenants. Would Gillingham or West Ham wish to move into the Valley? These would seem to be the most likely candidates. If not ,then he would only be left with the possibility of renting the stadium to a newly formed Charlton club, let's call the club Charlton Athletic 2020. Obviously this new club formed by supporters would not have the money to pay the rent. RD knows this now. Therefore it is in RD's interests to ensure that the current club keeps running. 

Am I right?

If so has RD thought this through and already come to this realisation? If not, shouldn't someone point this out to him?
  • Almost impossible to know what Duchatelet has correctly thought through and what he hasn’t,

what we know about duchatelet:

He’s borderline Aspergers imo
    He has a high view of his own intellectual superiority. 
    He has a successful electronics business
    He likes a property deal
    He doesn’t like football all that much except as a social engineering construct, let’s go watch a game, on plastic turf, in a soulless stadium, with a shite team but it’s ok because I pay for a drummer and some flags and we can have some food before in my ok restaurants, stay in my fairly rubbish hotel overlooking the pitch and have a decent knees up after always remembering we are dancing over the top of my new shopping complex.

What we know about Southall:

Complete and utter crooked bell end, not a lot to piss in and despairingly trying to get one last pay day before his career in football finally finishes.

What we know about Nimer:

Not much.
    Doesn’t act on social media in the way you’d expect a senior investment professional to work
    Has a number of unusual business associates some of whom he seems to have fallen out with
    ni evidence of him either having money or being prepared to put any in. 
    Could be almost as bad as Southall or could be OK. We will see in May and June. 

• Sad to think we'll probably never witness him score another goal for us at The Valley.
    Sad to think it's a real possibility we'll never witness anyone score another goal for us at the Valley.

Great interview with Lyle. He goes with my very best wishes at the end of this season.
  • Ok, but not of that answers even my first question.

Is it in RD's interests that the club keeps running?
  • joeaddick said:
    have to admit I still can't fathom exactly why offers for Lyle were turned down
    Even before ESI's takeover was approved, they made a statement along the lines of tying Bowyer & Taylor down...Losing Gallagher was bad enough, and a hell of a lot more fans were questioning things after the mediocre signings we ended up with in January. If Southall had sold Taylor he would've got the same reaction RD got for selling Yann, and being under a transfer embargo, he knew nobody of similar quality was ever coming in...Keeping Taylor kept the wolves at bay until the ESI spat went public.
    But seeing what has transpired since, but was happening then, I really can’t see that as bothering Southall much. It would have meant more money to line his pockets with.
  • joeaddick said:
    But seeing what has transpired since, but was happening then, I really can’t see that as bothering Southall much. It would have meant more money to line his pockets with.
    I think @joeaddick is right. Southall was still giving it the super chairman act in January.

I can only imagine that Bowyer and Gallen kept him in check re:Taylor.
  • joeaddick said:
    I think @joeaddick is right. Southall was still giving it the super chairman act in January.

I can only imagine that Bowyer and Gallen kept him in check re:Taylor.
    I really hope that he is absolutely gutted now that he didn't sell Lyle in January and thus missed a chance to stick his snout even deeper into the trough, mainly because he thought that Nimer was going to come up with the funds for him to dip into. 
  • joeaddick said:
    But Large, you're looking at it with the benefit of hindsight, from today's perspective.

At the time, Southall seemed to be hoping to wing it - and wouldn't have wanted to bring down the whole house of cards.
    And, of course, like mushrooms the supporters were kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

• DA9DA9
    edited May 2020
    An amazing video, just reconfirms my thoughts on Lyle, articulate, thoughtful, honest and sympathetic to fans and what it means to us, as he rightly and intuitively puts, players will only lose out short term, they will go elsewhere and earn again, WE are the ones that will lose out ultimately.
    i for one wish him well wherever he ends up, wouldnt begrudge him the move at all, because he certainly won’t be here much longer than Covid allows 
  • Part 1 in full uploaded this morning
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJ-DSpb3ks

Part 2
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZKY0xfhLp8&t=4s

Really interesting watch including Lyle being accused of being racist against the Luton Left back last season after the 3-1 win at home.