Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Well, it only really confirmed what we knew about the owners, didn’t it? However, it did clear up the speculation about Lyle’s situation in the 2 transfer windows. Like others, I don’t understand why they didn’t sell him when it would have given then £3-4m extra to blow since January - especially when this whole shambles was going to blow up very quickly anyway. 

Sadly, I think the club really is a bust flush now. Have you ever seen such a shambolic situation on so many levels that feels impossible to resolve? Probably the perfect shit-storm for our beloved club.

1. The Coronavirus is likely to relegate us 
    2. The ownership of the club is split and indefinitely unresolvable
    3. The mounting debts and bogus contracts is sending us into administration
    4. The EFL are investigating us and very likely to penalise the club, badly
    5. The main investor seems to have no money and has paid nothing towards the running of the club since buying it
    6. None of the issues above are resolvable in the current global pandemic - the first for over 100 years.
    7. We can’t even hold any protests anywhere because of the pandemic

I feel totally paralysed and completely devastated and gutted. I genuinely feel that my wonderful 40 years following Charlton are grinding to a terrible end. How the hell can it go so wrong, so quickly.

What can we do, people?
    Nothing unfortunately, we are fucked.
    Oh, mate. I can’t believe this. Getting angrier by the second.
    I've been thinking about this a lot. Imagine if we go out of business. RD is then left with a football ground and a training ground. We seem to already have determined that it is not possible to build houses on the football ground as planning permission would not be forthcoming. Therefore RD would be left needing to find tenants. Would Gillingham or West Ham wish to move into the Valley? These would seem to be the most likely candidates. If not ,then he would only be left with the possibility of renting the stadium to a newly formed Charlton club, let's call the club Charlton Athletic 2020. Obviously this new club formed by supporters would not have the money to pay the rent. RD knows this now. Therefore it is in RD's interests to ensure that the current club keeps running. 

Am I right?

If so has RD thought this through and already come to this realisation? If not, shouldn't someone point this out to him?
    Is is right that planning permission for housing would never be obtained at the Valley? My, admittedly very limited, understanding is that the Valley has to be offered to the fans (in whatever guise) at a market price. If a market price can’t be achieved then RD would be free to look at other options including selling the land for other uses.

I’m no expert on this so more than happy to be corrected by those with deeper knowledge.
  • Lyle currently going ALL IN on Southall in a podcast.

I mean ALL IN!,
    Link? 
  • edited May 2020
    Insta Pod_tbg

He’s a Fraud etc. He’s known everything about Southall’s past, his dealings etc since September 

I mean ALL IN!,
    Link? 
    pod_tbg on Instagram live.

He's basically said he knew all about Southall from before and some of his dealings and he knew he was a chancer and a fraud. 
  • On Brentford, bids came in it didn't happen, was an opportunity he wanted to take. Had words with the club and manager about it. Felt let down by Roland as he felt he had earned his move. Wasn't about money as he turned down bigger offer by Sunderland before coming here. 

I mean ALL IN!,
    I’m on there listening to it now
  • He's happy right now, glad he chose Charlton. Doesn't know what the future holds because of the world situation, no agents or clubs are talking to each other about anyone because of the uncertainty. Really hopes no clubs go under as it would be a shame for the fans, doesn't have any inside info just what he hopes. 

Some fans really don't like him (Plymouth) but even so he really hopes no club goes under as it would be so hard for the fans. 

He needs to see what all the steps are like with regards to getting back playing. If he doesn't like what he sees then he won't agree. Each player needs to sign an individual contract with each club with regards to playing on. At the moment he doesn't like what he sees but at the moment he can see both outcomes of agreeing to play or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• In terms of restarting he's just given the best answer Ive heard from a player... This isnt a basic yes or no
  • This is such a good listen. Making great points all over the shop.
  • Listening. I don't think he will play for us in these last 9 games. 
  • ahhh i hope they dont take it down after so i can watch from the start.
    Not sure, its all about whether he feels safe or not
  • ahhh i hope they dont take it down after so i can watch from the start.
    Is there a way to watch for the start? I guess when they've finished to see if they upload the whole thing as a new post or something?
    I don't think we can say either way. I think he's just being honest, like he's said before he's professional and he'll turn up and do his job but completely agree that if things aren't safe then he absolutely has the right to walk away as does anyone else involved in this charade. 
  • It’s now on Insta from the start
  •  I still think Lyle will be gone the first chance he gets but given the current state of contract uncertainty for all players, I wonder what his options will really will be in the marketplace.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s now on Insta from the start
    I'll go and delete my posts then. 
  • If he doesn't ever play for us again I really do hope someone gives him a chance in the PL
  • colthe3rd said:
    It’s now on Insta from the start
    I'll go and delete my posts then. 
    Leave them Col
  • Lot more stability with Roland as owner
  • edited May 2020
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAgEcD3pX1C/?igshid=1srz7bvng3lm7 

For anyone that needs the link, should take you straight to it, just make sure you have a free hour lol
  • This is a great listen
  • Well worth a watch/listen. He still comes across as someone who would do very well for himself in whatever he chooses to do with his life. Also so refreshing to hear a professional sportsperson speak open and honestly about anything they are asked rather than the media trained robots we've become accustomed to. 
  • Well that's the rest of my evening sorted :-)

• Lyle mentioning his injury at Swansea saying he'd played for two weeks prior is why the Management team deserve no criticism for the Bonne incident at Middlesbrough.

If the Management team dont get told of a problem, they won't know the extent of it