Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    shine166 said:
    Can't blame Taylor tbh, but the fact is without him we are going down. 
    Hopefully the players don’t have that attitude. As good as he is we won games without him.
    Very true, its just my opinion after the games I saw this season. Wish I could be more optimistic, but this last few months has sucked all hope from me. 
  • The pace of Green and Bonne should be enough to worry any opponent if we play the right way
    Leko for Green?
  • Scoham said:
    The pace of Green and Bonne should be enough to worry any opponent if we play the right way
    Leko for Green?
    I'm pretty sure Leko wont be returning

Especially as Bowyer mentioned in LondonPressOnline that he was speaking with West Brom about Field
  • I'm desperately hoping we get at least 3 games out of him 
  • Bowyer: Lyle I want you to play
    Taylor: No
    Bowyer: Score the winner against Millwall and you can do whatever you want!!
  • What did Bows say? I missed it
  • What did Bows say? I missed it
    He's on TalkSport @ 10:45 apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Bows interview at 10:45
  • Lyle loves a bit of drama imo
    As does Jim White... Probably isnt talking complete shit but wont be surprised if Bowyer comes on and says that Lyle is training and will re-assess after we start contact training

All that tweet will have done is create further listeners desperate for news
  • Lyle loves a bit of drama imo
    As does Jim White... Probably isnt talking complete shit but wont be surprised if Bowyer comes on and says that Lyle is training and will re-assess after we start contact training

All that tweet will have done is create further listeners desperate for news

this

• I won't believe anything until it comes out of the mouth of Lyle himself, Lee Bowyer or Richard Cawley
  • Croydon said:
    Lee Bowyer getting it out in the public to put pressure on Lyle? 

I can understand him not wanting to risk injury and Lyle is a big reason we are in the Championship just feels a bit of a kick in the teeth he gets injured away not representing Charlton we pay his wages while out injured (as we should) but he wont risk a few more games.  
    This. If players are worried about the virus then I've got no issue with them sitting out, but to sit out through fear of injury is a bit of a slap in the face. 

I agree.
    If the season had carried on as usual would he have sat out April/May?

I know the contract issue is much more immediate this season because of the delay but there is no confirmed date he could sign with a new club anyway.
  • Or has he been internally suspended due to his views on the videos? Although he wouldn't be able to train I guess....
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Lee Bowyer getting it out in the public to put pressure on Lyle? 

I can understand him not wanting to risk injury and Lyle is a big reason we are in the Championship just feels a bit of a kick in the teeth he gets injured away not representing Charlton we pay his wages while out injured (as we should) but he wont risk a few more games.  
    This. If players are worried about the virus then I've got no issue with them sitting out, but to sit out through fear of injury is a bit of a slap in the face. 

I agree.
    If the season had carried on as usual would he have sat out April/May?

I know the contract issue is much more immediate this season because of the delay but there is no confirmed date he could sign with a new club anyway.
    Exactly. 
  • I wonder how many other clubs this has happened too, their main player deciding not to play.
  • Bowyer sounds annoyed in that interview 
  • Been promised a move by his agent I bet. 'Don't play for the next month and you'll be earning 20,000+ for the rest of your career.'