Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Shame its a footballs coming home year as he probably doesnt stand a chance but Cavendish HAS to be shortlisted for POTY

Would still vote for him!! - There cant be many instances like this in Sporting History

I've probably said it already but I'll never forget that memory of watching him being interviewed in his last event of 2020 where he was in tears because even he thought it was a matter of time before he retired - The way he's racing now, would you really put it past him coming back next year?

Maybe its because its an Olympic year, others arent trying as hard

Maybe it helps because Caleb Ewan is now injured, but would love to see him and Cavendish facing off
    I would vote for him.  Its probably the sporting story of the year and possibly the century so far. 
  • Absolutely mad.
  • 4 sprints left in the tour... 
  • Cav, Cav, Cav, CAV. Oh my stars and garters, is this man amazing or is he AMAZING?
  • Was on a conference call and just watched it ... FUCK YES CAV!!!
  • It would be amazing to see him take the record and for me as good as England winning the Euros. If he does it I think the record will stand for a long time
    👍
  • EASSSSSYYYYYYYYY

Thanks to the DQT train

• It would be amazing to see him take the record and for me as good as England winning the Euros. If he does it I think the record will stand for a long time
    You'd be utterly shocked to hear that for me it would be better...

Sorry, not sorry.

PS  Good luck tomorrow night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of innuendo about Pogacar, and others, in the press over the last couple of days. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Lots of innuendo about Pogacar, and others, in the press over the last couple of days. 
    And a massive elephant in the room (or under the canopy) when ITV and Eurosport pundits discuss the race

Sorry, not sorry.

Not surprising really he comes from a rock between our two home lands. Are you happy to see him in the green jersey or would you prefer if was orange ;-)
    Would you be terribly surprised to hear that, along with green, orange is one of my favourite colours?

Any jersey colour would be fine, as long as he achieves what his talent has so richly deserved.

I'd absolutely love to see him arrive on the Champs Elysees with the wins in the bag.

Sorry, not sorry.

Not surprising really he comes from a rock between our two home lands. Are you happy to see him in the green jersey or would you prefer if was orange ;-)
    Would you be terribly surprised to hear that, along with green, orange is one of my favourite colours?

Any jersey colour would be fine, as long as he achieves what his talent has so richly deserved.

I'd absolutely love to see him arrive on the Champs Elysees with the wins in the bag.
    It would be amazing if he took stage number 35 on the Champs Elysees.

It certainly has made the race interesting, where in other ways it’s becoming a difficult watch

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Lots of innuendo about Pogacar, and others, in the press over the last couple of days. 
    And a massive elephant in the room (or under the canopy) when ITV and Eurosport pundits discuss the race
    It is interesting how they find themselves constantly comparing the gaps this year to the Armstrong era without considering the likelihood of a wider comparison being valid.
    Pogacar had THREE doping tests on Sunday.
  • Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It is interesting how they find themselves constantly comparing the gaps this year to the Armstrong era without considering the likelihood of a wider comparison being valid.
    Armstrong had lots too
  • In August 2020 I sad this on here;

Bought new wood flooring today from Quick-Step. 
    So I’ll follow Deceuninck-Quick Step this year! Shallow I know but I don’t like Ineos.

It’s worked out quite well I think. 
  • Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Armstrong had lots too
    Understand that, but what else can the UCI do?

I believe that USE refuse to release his b/c files in case it gives the other teams an advantage.

"I rode one of my best '10-minute values' ever from the start yesterday... Normally if I produce those numbers the whole bunch is in pieces, but I was 100 metres behind in a group of 70 riders. And I started from the front row." Thomas De Gendt pre-stage 9
  • Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    And? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Armstrong had lots too
    Understand that, but what else can the UCI do?

I believe that USE refuse to release his b/c files in case it gives the other teams an advantage.

"I rode one of my best '10-minute values' ever from the start yesterday... Normally if I produce those numbers the whole bunch is in pieces, but I was 100 metres behind in a group of 70 riders. And I started from the front row." Thomas De Gendt pre-stage 9
    It’s a very interesting point and my knowledge of endocrinology is pretty basic. But I have carried out numerous substance misuse tests over the years to ensure people are complying with probation and home office conditions. The tests tend to be less complex, most common now are saliva as these are least invasive, but urine, blood and even hair can be used, the latter being very accurate over a long period of time but expensive.

My attitude to testing has been for a number of years that it is by no means infallible and windows for a positive test post use can vary greatly depending on numerous factors. I always referred to other tools such as intoxication profiles to get a more accurate idea of someone’s use. This gives a much better picture of what is going on. Perhaps in cycling they need to start compelling teams to provide data which they all use anyway. The argument that it would disadvantage teams is bollocks and smacks of suspicion, medical data collected is confidential too and should remain so, but does not mean it shouldn’t be used in testing by the UCI and WADA if useful
  • Van Aert looking strong 
  • Ineos tactics slowly working ... apart from Pogacar of course 
  • Some serious damage being done.
  • It looks like there won't be much/any time taken back off the yellow jersey.
  • And now Pogacar struggles a bit.
  • Vingegaard into virtual second.
  • Great win from van Aert