Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Yates abandoned 
  • Shame that for Yates he could have had a chance of a few stage wins, also hope he’s not too badly injured for the Olympics 
  • Bike change for Cav 
  • My wife just called me to see the carnage unfold. Blimey, it looked like bikes and riders stuck up trees. What a tour this is turning out to be for crashes. 
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!
  • Cav you are the greatest 
  • Brilliant, just brilliant.

• LEGEND!!! - LEGEND!! - LEGEND!!
  • Unbelievable, so pleased with that, and a great way to start a big weekend of sport
  • edited July 2021
    He always comes home 
  • Sponsored links:

• I really hope he doesnt decide to retire after this year

Bet the mountains have been one painful struggle for him, and they're not over

But even if he does get win 35 before the end of this year

It just feels like it still wont be his last
  • I really hope he doesnt decide to retire after this year

Bet the mountains have been one painful struggle for him, and they're not over

But even if he does get win 35 before the end of this year

It just feels like it still wont be his last
    I think next season with Deceuninck-QuickStep seems likely (IMHO), unless he doesn't want it.
  • King Cav , long may he reign. 
  • edited July 2021
    I’d put money on Cav not retiring this year. He LOVES the whole thing. 
    How many stages would he have won if he hadn’t contracted the Epstein-Barr virus? He might even be heading towards 50 stages by now. 
  • Super pleased for Sep Kuss.  Just seems a really good guy.  His high fiving on the run in to the finish in the Vuelta was one of my favourite finish celebrations.  Threw his glasses away today.  Read the Gazetta dello Sport after a descent of the Stelvio?
  • Good to see Cav come in with nine minutes to spare, and accompanied by three team mates 
  • stonemuse said:
    Good to see Cav come in with nine minutes to spare, and accompanied by three team mates 
    Deceuninck-QuickStep are very good at maximising their return from races, which helps explain some of the support, but I also think they really love having Cavendish in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    Good to see Cav come in with nine minutes to spare, and accompanied by three team mates 
    Deceuninck-QuickStep are very good at maximising their return from races, which helps explain some of the support, but I also think they really love having Cavendish in the team.
    Looking forward to seeing Alaphillipe leading Cav up the Champs Elysee  :D
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Looking forward to seeing Alaphillipe leading Cav up the Champs Elysee  :D
    It would be perfect, and, for all that he is trying most days, this has obviously not been Alaphilippe's Tour.  But he seems a surprisingly (given his race number) motivated team player.
  • edited July 2021
    Matthews is doing his best to wreck my happiness.
  • Matthews is doing his best to wreck my happiness.
    Not gonna happen 
  • Going to be a tough two days in the mountains as Cavendish was saying the other day that BikeExchange have been focusing too much on getting him eliminated via the time gap instead of trying to beat him to Stage victories.

If they dont get rid of him then I dont see Matthews beating Cavendish on the two flat stages

Especially if he couldnt beat Colbrelli in a nothing sprint (albeit for more points) for second place today 
  • Going to be a tough two days in the mountains as Cavendish was saying the other day that BikeExchange have been focusing too much on getting him eliminated via the time gap instead of trying to beat him to Stage victories.

If they dont get rid of him then I dont see Matthews beating Cavendish on the two flat stages

Especially if he couldnt beat Colbrelli in a nothing sprint (albeit for more points) for second place today 
    If Cav gets through the next two stages in the time, barring accidents I can’t see him losing the green jersey. But we all know that the real prize would be the 35th stage win. Everything crossed for him this end.

If Cav gets through the next two stages in the time, barring accidents I can’t see him losing the green jersey. But we all know that the real prize would be the 35th stage win. Everything crossed for him this end.
    Read a comment from him yesterday saying that he feels as though the tough stages are behind him

He's naturally still afraid of that cut off time but hopefully means he'll get through these next two days - Imagine Matthews will try but wont be surprised if Quick-Step use Alaphilippe to try and limit the points he can get
  • It's already been said but Pogacar does not even look human, looks like he is out on a club fun ride currently.
  • That was a great last few kilometres 
  • It's already been said but Pogacar does not even look human, looks like he is out on a club fun ride currently.
    Didn’t look like he put too much effort in there and whatever the others had he would pip them at the post