Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Least they've got a few miles left before they get there...

Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the award for the most embarrassed person and Tour sponsor in France is....

• edited July 2021
    Bit sad really...

Letour.fr has the fourth Group on the road today as follows

Is great seeing Cavendish winning again, but those three great riders on their own at the back, feels like the end of an Golden era for British Cycling at the Tour.

Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the award for the most embarrassed person and Tour sponsor in France is....

Panic over, they've got it moving now

• Bit sad really...

Is great seeing Cavendish winning again, but those three great riders on their own at the back, feels like the end of an Golden era for British Cycling at the Tour.
    Tao is still up there with the yellow jersey and Fred has just got 15 points in the sprint.
  • Addickted said:
    Bit sad really...

Tao is still up there with the yellow jersey and Fred has just got 15 points in the sprint.
    Oh absolutely there is a new Generation coming through which is great.

Just getting sentimetal seeing you had the likes of Cummings and Wiggins from the last decade who have already gone, now you imagine these three will be next
  • edited July 2021
    The Yellow Jersey going backwards now.

Pogacar looks like he is out for a casual Sunday afternoon ride. 
  • Pogacar is going to walk this race ... getting harder to believe he is racing on the same basis as others 
  • stonemuse said:
    Pogacar is going to walk this race ... getting harder to believe he is racing on the same basis as others 
    And when will the mainstream media start questioning it? I’m surprised the French papers haven’t yet. I seem to remember a lot more allegations being made about Froome without anywhere near the number of red flags Pogacar’s performances over the last 12 months have produced.
  • stonemuse said:
    Pogacar is going to walk this race ... getting harder to believe he is racing on the same basis as others 
    And when will the mainstream media start questioning it? I’m surprised the French papers haven’t yet. I seem to remember a lot more allegations being made about Froome without anywhere near the number of red flags Pogacar’s performances over the last 12 months have produced.
    Exactly 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Exactly 
    Change his nationality to British
  • FFS - this is ridiculous. Someone on his team should have a word with him, he looked like Ricco when he dropped Carapaz. 
  • FFS - this is ridiculous. Someone on his team should have a word with him, he looked like Ricco when he dropped Carapaz. 
    Riding on the big ring and overtaking everyone on a major climb. Nothing to see here.  
    Riding on the big ring and overtaking everyone on a major climb. Nothing to see here.  
    Millar's comment was ridiculous when he said that... Surely that has to raise doubt in your mind when Pogacar does that
  • That was incredible, in the true meaning of the word. 
    Millar's comment was ridiculous when he said that... Surely that has to raise doubt in your mind when Pogacar does that
    I’ve got Phil Liggett and Bob Roll - they almost wet themselves telling me how good he was, with no notion that this was a bit odd. Obviously the French cameraman thought it was noteworthy. 
    I’ve got Phil Liggett and Bob Roll - they almost wet themselves telling me how good he was, with no notion that this was a bit odd. Obviously the French cameraman thought it was noteworthy. 
    More than once the French TV highlighted his gear. 
  • Phil Liggett just told me Podacar is the greatest rider the TdF has even known. 
  • edited July 2021
    Phil Liggett just told me Podacar is the greatest rider the TdF has even known. 
    ITV mentioned that it was like watching Merckx

I'm trying to keep an open mind because we had incidents like when Froome blew everyone out of the water on the Giro that Stage, but the time gap that has suddenly opened between Pogacar and everyone.

Might as well skip to the Champs Elysees now!!
  • Phil Liggett just told me Podacar is the greatest rider the TdF has even known. 

I'm trying to keep an open mind because we had incidents like when Froome blew everyone out of the water on the Giro that Stage, but the time gap that has suddenly opened between Pogacar and everyone.

Difference is they let Froome get away because they didn’t think he could do it ... today everyone was still racing but could do nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

Well, Merckx was caught doping multiple times.  Just saying. 

Well, Merckx was caught doping multiple times.  Just saying. 
    Exactly, a bit like Millar's comment; ITV were either being smart and sending subtle hints or they're just being very naive
  • Ten minutes for the rest to cross the line....

In David Miller’s book he referred to riding out with the peloton early on and them going up climbs in the big ring and realising that they were all doped, I don’t think what we were seeing was lost on him or the French cameraman who kept filming his gearing.

Perhaps the solution here would be for a rule to be inserted that prohibits cross chaining as he was in the biggest ring and biggest cog, which in itself is cycling cuntery.
  • Lappartient‘s response to suspicions about Pogacar. 

In essence, he ... no surprise ... says they are groundless.  

• Anyone know if they made the time cut off? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know if they made the time cut off? 
    I think they were fine, last I heard Cavendish etc. made it back to the main peleton with 166 riders in it - Even if he was outside the limit, they usually let it slide else they'd have to eliminate nearly the whole peleton.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know if they made the time cut off? 
    I think they were fine, last I heard Cavendish etc. made it back to the main peleton with 166 riders in it - Even if he was outside the limit, they usually let it slide else they'd have to eliminate nearly the whole peleton.
    Good news.  

According to Ned Boulting, the rules state that if outside the time but reinstated, a rider loses all points.  
  • Luke Rowe, Cav, Thomas and Froome came in 35 mins down with pretty much half the other riders including Sagan. 

Mark Donovan quietly doing his stuff up to 6th in the young riders, but no chance of a podium there.