Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    stonemuse said:
    Another fan causing problems, this time with a mobile phone 
    Edit: Just seen it, didnt realise it was a fan causing that crash

That Jumbo lad looked in a bad way
  • Options
    Pleased for Poels
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    stonemuse said:
    Pleased for Poels
    Did he actually win? - His moment absolutely got robbed by the TV Director... lol! Even van Aert got more screentime crossing the line than the actual winner
  • Options
    Great performance from Vingegaard today
  • Options
    3rd place getting very interesting 
  • Options
    Pidcock in 12th, hopefully can get back to top ten. He’s learnt a lot this weekend.  
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Vingegaard flying at the moment... This is the Tour over
  • Options
    Yeah, this smells.
  • Options
    1min 48secs lead now with a few days left in the Mountains

Jonas has his second win in France with that performance.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    JV on a TT bike did that climb a full minute faster than Pog on his climbing bike? Not to mention how he destroyed WVA. Hmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that was ridiculous 
  • Options
    Christ. Wonder what he had for breakfast
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stig said:
    It's a great race, but does anyone else conflicted about who they want to win? On the one hand I think that Pogacar is more of an entertainer. He seems a more fun and likeable guy. From that perspective I'd want him to win, but for one thing. That one thing? He just seems too good. Cynical me finds it hard to believe that anyone can be that good without artificial help. Of course, I do have not have one shred of evidence that he's done anything wrong; just a suspicious mind fuelled by the knowledge that many others in the past who seemed too good to be true, were just that. So, that leaves me wanting Vingegaard to win. But, there's a contradiction in my logic, isn't there? If Pogacar is too good for me to support and I think Vingegaard can beat him (as he did last year), then surely he too is too good for me to support as well. Does anyone else struggle with this? Can anyone offer a solution to this conundrum?
    Are they dopping like Armstrong and the Eastern European athletes almost certainly not.  Are they "clean"?  Almost certainly not.  Are they technically cheating?  No idea.

I said the same when SKY looked like they were put for a Sunday afternoon bike ride yet were spitting GC racers out the back of the pelaton day after day.

12 of the best of the best were left half way up the last climb, 8 of them from the same two teams...when it's almost certain someone not with them is dopping.

I now watch it on face value and enjoy it for what it's worth, the same way I enjoy watching the football teams that push the dopping rules to the limit, even if they never get caught braking them.
    Comes back to this I think

No way are either Pogacar or Vingegaard completely clean

Them vs the Rest... Its just too big
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stig said:
    It's a great race, but does anyone else conflicted about who they want to win? On the one hand I think that Pogacar is more of an entertainer. He seems a more fun and likeable guy. From that perspective I'd want him to win, but for one thing. That one thing? He just seems too good. Cynical me finds it hard to believe that anyone can be that good without artificial help. Of course, I do have not have one shred of evidence that he's done anything wrong; just a suspicious mind fuelled by the knowledge that many others in the past who seemed too good to be true, were just that. So, that leaves me wanting Vingegaard to win. But, there's a contradiction in my logic, isn't there? If Pogacar is too good for me to support and I think Vingegaard can beat him (as he did last year), then surely he too is too good for me to support as well. Does anyone else struggle with this? Can anyone offer a solution to this conundrum?
    Are they dopping like Armstrong and the Eastern European athletes almost certainly not.  Are they "clean"?  Almost certainly not.  Are they technically cheating?  No idea.

I said the same when SKY looked like they were put for a Sunday afternoon bike ride yet were spitting GC racers out the back of the pelaton day after day.

12 of the best of the best were left half way up the last climb, 8 of them from the same two teams...when it's almost certain someone not with them is dopping.

I now watch it on face value and enjoy it for what it's worth, the same way I enjoy watching the football teams that push the dopping rules to the limit, even if they never get caught braking them.

Surely some stringent drug testing to be done after that?
  • Options
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stig said:

Surely some stringent drug testing to be done after that?
    Any drugs (if) used have been well-tested now, I'd imagine...
  • Options
    🤣🤣🤣
    Laughing at the posts in here or the ridiculousness of that TT?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    🤣🤣🤣
    Laughing at the posts in here or the ridiculousness of that TT?
    Be surprised if its the posts
  • Options
    Almost nine minutes ahead of Adam Yates who is in great form!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    To be fair Adam is a team mate, so will have to bust a gut for Pogacar, rather than contest the GC with those two.

Froome on the other hand finished 2min | 18mins | 31mins | 39mins ahead of his Team mates whenever he won the Tour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not even remotely credible. If Pogacar had lost a minute on van Aert, maybe Vingegaard puts 30 seconds into him because he's on a bad day. Pogacar beat van Aert by over a minute. Laughable. 

Anybody looking at that thinking it's legit needs their head feeling. Whatever he's on, it's thermofuckingnuclear. 
    The difficulty of course is proving it. It’s almost like an open secret that no one can do anything about.
  • Options
    Biggest gap between 1st and 3rd since 2001 when everyone though cutting one of your bollocks off made you go much faster
  • Options
    On the plus side Adam Yates has got a great chance of winning this years Tour de France at some point in the future
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Wout van Aert: "I'm the first among humans today." #TDF2023 

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    To be fair Adam is a team mate, so will have to bust a gut for Pogacar, rather than contest the GC with those two.

Froome on the other hand finished 2min | 18mins | 31mins | 39mins ahead of his Team mates whenever he won the Tour.
     Sky in that era rode in total support of Frome - there was no grandstanding or chasing King of the Mountains points or freelancing for stage wins. They even let Mark Cavendish go because they didn't want the distraction of having to organise a lead out. When Frome wasn't chasing a stage win or competing such as in a bunch sprint day Sky would deliberately take the day off to save energy for the next big day. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    It looks like there's going to be great finish to today's stage. 

Pogacar has been broken telling his team on race radio that he's "dead". His team have told Simon Yates to go for it - there's an outside chance of him stealing both the stage today and of taking second place on the GC. 

It's probably going to be Felix Gall who takes the stage but he will need to take a few risks on the descent to the finishing line to make sure. 

Vingegaard has been held up by a stalled motorbike - if he won the race yesterday, today is about cementing that advantage. 
  • Options
    *Adam Yates, tbf they are identical twins...

A great finish for Simon Yates though a second, second place finish in this Tour for him.