Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum resuming 11 July

Comments

• Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

It is clearly ridiculous that it takes a FF meeting to get the club to disclose information like this. It isn’t the purpose of the FF and it shows what a shambles the club is, including Rubashow, that it doesn’t share what it can in a timely and managed way. That’s the problem.

But they didn't say anything did they?

There was nothing there that was news worthy. A press conference to say we trade players, for multiple reasons, as BAU?

We are in talks with someone but we can't say any more due to NDAs?

I am amazed that he even mentioned the season ticket money situation. Why would you put that in the public demain if you didn't have to?
    You miss the point that this is the club saying it. There is quite a lot of information in that summary which has never previously been confirmed by the club - yes, it was out there because it had appeared on message boards and other sites, but not from the club. This allows people to dismiss it as “speculation”, as they regularly do. Even when reputable professionals report it, people come on here asserting they are just publishing stuff they have read on message boards, although to my certain knowledge that isn’t true.

The club could manage this situation much more proactively if it chose to do so, without breaching confidentiality, but Duchatelet really couidn’t care less about fans and with no board and no senior management team worthy of the name it won’t happen.

But your missing my point that they didn't actually say anything news worthy.

Unless we are expecting up dates such as what documents have and haven't been sent to the EFL. There has been very little coming out of the club. I would imagine that's because there is nothing significant they can actually say?
    Well, let’s just take the point that they said the process is being held up - and only held up - by the issue of documents submitted to the EFL. That is newsworthy and it had not been confirmed publicly by any party involved.
    Oh well. That’s all you get from a “token fan engagement” meeting as you described it.

I just think it was interesting this update was given and I find some reassurance the Aussies aren’t retreating.

Things will surely be different once RD gone and we won’t be hanging on any or every word from whatever source.

Hopefully we can look to the positives in the future and not the faults.
    It is tokenism. When was the previous meeting? Oh yes, February. And the one before that, according to the list on the club website, was last September.
    My point being that notwithstanding the FF is treated in a token way by the club generally, on this occasion we learnt something.

When we are crying out for any news at least it’s something.

To dismiss it in advance was I think unnecessary.

RD won’t change now.

Just appreciate the news for what it is.
  • Options

It is clearly ridiculous that it takes a FF meeting to get the club to disclose information like this. It isn’t the purpose of the FF and it shows what a shambles the club is, including Rubashow, that it doesn’t share what it can in a timely and managed way. That’s the problem.

This is the real point here, not how long it took to get the minutes out. There are only several people involved in decision-making at the club and two of those could only manage to deflect on the question of removal of breakfasts by saying they would look into it. Once again, they only tell us what they want, when they want and in this case, when they have been badgered by the sounds of it. Complete lack of open and informed communication since Duchatalet arrived and we all know it.
    Which is why fans "involvement" in this is farcical. And those who go delude themselves if they think they are more than Duchatelets assistants.
  • Options
    x
    iainment said:

This is the real point here, not how long it took to get the minutes out. There are only several people involved in decision-making at the club and two of those could only manage to deflect on the question of removal of breakfasts by saying they would look into it. Once again, they only tell us what they want, when they want and in this case, when they have been badgered by the sounds of it. Complete lack of open and informed communication since Duchatalet arrived and we all know it.
    Which is why fans "involvement" in this is farcical. And those who go delude themselves if they think they are more than Duchatelets assistants.
    They'll be around long after Roland has moved on.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

Have the Aussies any comments about the meeting @JamesSeed, seeing as the Club are blaming them for dragging their heels?

@Addicted GM met the Belgian fella Lieven yesterday, and said he was very happy. Lieven that is. That might mean progress was made on the documentation. The good news from the meeting was that HMRC seem to be satisfied.
    The season ticket/bank issue is just prudence in the face of recent uncertainty. No massive deal.

GM is getting ready to start work at The Valley. That’s very good news imho. Meire is going to be a tough act to follow ;-)

I get the feeling it’s not far away now. It was only a week ago that the rumour went out the Aussies had formally pulled out. Of course that was bullsh*t, but would still love to know where that rumour came from, as it led to me increasing my ‘pest’ quotient, again :-(

In addition, some personal stuff I can’t divulge means that the Aussies feel it’s definitely happening - it’s ‘when’, rather than ‘if’.

Full respect to GM for leaking zilch re negotiations since May 18th, btw.

Oh, and I don’t think the club are saying the Aussies are dragging their heels. Delays with documentation, if that is what is holding things up, isn’t deliberate.
    Bring out the GIF's...Whoop Whoop...!!!

Here they are......

imageimage
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Pico said:

SHG - Thank you for your apology. As razil suggests - it might be time to move on.

CLB74 - You are a fine, upstanding, insightful human being and I have always admired you. There is a free ticket for the CAST coach to Accrington waiting for you.

Cheers pico will be ready for the bromley pick up tomorrow.
    You'll be drinking partners soon.
  • Options
    So whats happened to the fans forum minutes still no sign of them!
  • Options
    Really? Ask the reps they should know.
  • Options
    FF clearly stands for fucking farce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

An account of the meeting was published within 24 hours (even with England playing a World Cup semi final):

https://castrust.org/2018/07/takeover-club-says-that-efl-requires-more-documentation/
  • Options
    So your telling me all they discussed was the take over what kind of meeting was that!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

An account of the meeting was published within 24 hours (even with England playing a World Cup semi final):

https://castrust.org/2018/07/takeover-club-says-that-efl-requires-more-documentation/
    Is that it or are there actual minutes?

As I understand it the club gagged 'our' reps until agreed minutes were to be published.
    We were told this would be fairly quick. And sceptics on here were derided.

I think 'our' reps should be chasing this but suspect they won't/haven't.
  • Options

So your telling me all they discussed was the take over what kind of meeting was that!

This has more details of what was discussed. (Please bear in mind it was a short meeting because of the semi final.)

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b4642efe6562/club-answer-questions-from-fan-representatives-about-takeover
  • Options
    iainment said:

As I understand it the club gagged 'our' reps until agreed minutes were to be published.

It has been outlined several times on this thread that the notes of meeting were be agreed before being published. This is not gagging but a process that is standard for most meetings in any organisation. Some things were checked on the sound recording of the meeting during the process. Accuracy is important.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

It has been outlined several times on this thread that the notes of meeting were be agreed before being published. This is not gagging but a process that is standard for most meetings in any organisation. Some things were checked on the sound recording of the meeting during the process. Accuracy is important.
    How long does that take?

I minuted a 3 hour meeting last week and had the minutes to the chair 2 hours after the meeting and they were distributed the next morning.

If I can do it anyone can.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

How long does that take?

I minuted a 3 hour meeting last week and had the minutes to the chair 2 hours after the meeting and they were distributed the next morning.

Was this paid employment or a hobby? Were England playing a World Cup semi final that afternoon? Would countless people on an Internet forum who weren’t there pour of the minutes the second you published them?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

iainment said:

Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

How long does that take?

Was this paid employment or a hobby? Were England playing a World Cup semi final that afternoon? Would countless people on an Internet forum who weren’t there pour of the minutes the second you published them?
    Apparently the club are to do the minutes so your point is moot.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    iainment said:

I think this was published the day after the meeting as @Weegie Addick said. Under the circumstances, pretty quickly, when you're talking about unpaid volunteers on the day of a World Cup semi final.

If you're talking about minutes where every word spoken would get transcribed, I think that was outside of the parameters of the meeting. And imho you'd need to pay someone to do that, with all due respect.

If I was one of the Aussies I'd put out a live feed of the next FF meeting, if indeed that is their preferred form of communication with supporters. Much simpler, and more transparent. The old system is the product of a paranoid regime. But don't blame the reps for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

iainment said:

I think this was published the day after the meeting as @Weegie Addick said. Under the circumstances, pretty quickly, when you're talking about unpaid volunteers on the day of a World Cup 1/4 final.

If you're talking about minutes where every word spoken would get transcribed, I think that was outside of the parameters of the meeting. And imho you'd need to pay someone to do that, with all due respect.

If I was one of the Aussies I'd put out a live feed of the next FF meeting, if indeed that is their preferred form of communication with supporters. Much simpler, and more transparent. The old system is the product of a paranoid regime. But don't blame the reps for that.
    I seem to remember one of the Fans Forum meetings was broadcast, can’t remember whether it was live or not. But I believe it was discontinued because of Meire’s eye rolling and general facial gymnastics at any question she was uncomfortable with, and thus not showing her in a particularly good light. I think it was the first time the word misinterpretated was used.
    That was better viewing than Coronation Street.

That was the tape where the palice fan said squirrel face was the best boss she had worked for.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

How long does that take?

How much do you charge?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

iainment said:

Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

How long does that take?

We were told on 11 July by Henry Irving that the club would do the minutes.
    They haven't as yet.
    The club just can't resist playing us along.
    The new face of the club in the meeting being the same as the old.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

How long does that take?

The minutes were taken, agreed that evening and published first thing in the morning.

Pretty much the same as your example!
  • Options
    When you're in a hole - stop digging
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    No minutes as such I believe other than the account published for this one as it was a ‘single issue special meeting’.
  • Options

iainment said:

se9addick said:

iainment said:

Crusty54 said:

iainment said:

How long does that take?

We were told on 11 July by Henry Irving that the club would do the minutes.
    They haven't as yet.
    The club just can't resist playing us along.
    The new face of the club in the meeting being the same as the old.
    Without wishing to out Henry for the possible misuse of the word "minutes", are you really saying that you are dissatisfied with the club's report of said meeting?

If you care, or bother, to take a look at the piece on the OS, put up at 6.46am on 12th July, you'll read a summary of what was covered the previous evening.

I am no apologist for what's happening at our club but in this instance, I'd expect 99.9% of interested fans to be satisfied with this outcome.

Clearly you are the 0.1 %.

Just grow up !
    Minutes were published.

Ain't gonna be no more.

Iain and Seth need to get a room and pin conspiracy theories on the wall.