Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Options
    @Big_Bad_World - serious question. Am I right in thinking you are a Millwall fan? (apologies if it isn't you). Why do you, a meat eating Wall fan, come on a vegan thread on a Charlton forum?

Hi @Arsenetatters, you are correct that I am a Millwall fan (although they are testing my patience at the moment, I have to admit).

Would I be right in assuming that you are, admittedly with a very light touch approach, suggesting that I, possibly, should not be posting here? Apologies if I've read it wrong.

Hi - no I wasn’t suggesting you didn’t post. I’ve seen your posts on other threads and have always wondered why you spent time on CL. I seriously can’t imagine myself going onto a Millwall forum. And to go onto a Millwall forum and look at a ‘rise of the carnivores ‘ thread....
    I wouldn’t dare!
  • Options
    @Big_Bad_World - serious question. Am I right in thinking you are a Millwall fan? (apologies if it isn't you). Why do you, a meat eating Wall fan, come on a vegan thread on a Charlton forum?

Hi @Arsenetatters, you are correct that I am a Millwall fan (although they are testing my patience at the moment, I have to admit).

Would I be right in assuming that you are, admittedly with a very light touch approach, suggesting that I, possibly, should not be posting here? Apologies if I've read it wrong.

Are you sure you're 'wall mate?

I'm questioning it with every passing result :)
  • Options

Are you sure you're 'wall mate?

I'm questioning it with every passing result :)
    Give it just over 6 weeks and you’ll be ok.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Hi - no I wasn’t suggesting you didn’t post. I’ve seen your posts on other threads and have always wondered why you spent time on CL. I seriously can’t imagine myself going onto a Millwall forum. And to go onto a Millwall forum and look at a ‘rise of the carnivores ‘ thread....
    I wouldn’t dare!

Personally I find it great that the human race is so diverse and we all don't act and behave in the same way.

What's good for me may not be good for you, and that's okay. Likewise the other way around.

• Options

I wouldn’t dare!
    Chicken.
  • Options

I wouldn’t dare!

Personally I find it great that the human race is so diverse and we all don't all act and behave in the same way.

What's good for me may not be good for you, and that's okay. Likewise the other way around.

How about going to a Charlton match and then the following week having a vegan week :)

I’d sponsor you ;)
  • Options

I wouldn’t dare!

Personally I find it great that the human race is so diverse and we all don't all act and behave in the same way.

How about going to a Charlton match and then the following week having a vegan week :)

I’d sponsor you ;)

I already eat meals that are considered vegan. I cook them at least once a week and sometimes more if I'm pulling something together from what's left in the fridge and cupboards (invariably veg, salad, spuds, rice etc)

That's so ironic as I'll be taking in a Charlton match on 09/11 ;)

So, about this sponsorship.....how much are we talking?

• Options

I wouldn’t dare!
    Millwall have more vegans than you think.
    Most of them havnt got enough teeth to chew meat 
  • Options

I wouldn’t dare!

I’d sponsor you ;)

I already eat meals that are considered vegan. I cook them at least once a week and sometimes more if I'm pulling something together from what's left in the fridge and cupboards (invariably veg, salad, spuds, rice etc)

I'll have to up the stakes first. The week before the match to be spent as a fruitarian.
  • Options

I wouldn’t dare!

I’d sponsor you ;)

I'll have to up the stakes first. The week before the match to be spent as a fruitarian.

He'd be the first Millwall fan to shit himself at The Valley (probably through the eye of a needle)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wouldn’t dare!

I’d sponsor you ;)

He'd be the first Millwall fan to shit himself at The Valley (probably through the eye of a needle)

At least at this time of the year he wouldn't have to wait too long under a tree for the fruit to fall.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Looks like a lovely bit of meat at the front of that trolley :yum:
  • Options
    The dog is looking guilty, maybe he peed all over the veg.
  • Options
    I had a few beers in the vanbrugh just outside Maze hill station before the Leeds game. 
    I bought myself a sausage roll that was on display on the counter. 
    Half way through eating it my mate said I didn't know you eat Vegan food. 
    Honestly I didn't know it was a Vegan sausage roll when I ordered it but it tasted lovely.
    I shall try a few other Vegan dishes to see how they compare. 
  • Options
    I had a few beers in the vanbrugh just outside Maze hill station before the Leeds game. 
    Honestly I didn't know it was a Vegan sausage roll when I ordered it but it tasted lovely.
    Mate this is the way to do it, the vegan cheese is still lost on me but the meat alternatives are getting seriously good. The Gregg's vegan sausage roll is not awful and I believe people would not know it wasnt dead piggy if they were given one 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Mate this is the way to do it, the vegan cheese is still lost on me but the meat alternatives are getting seriously good. The Gregg's vegan sausage roll is not awful and I believe people would not know it wasnt dead piggy if they were given one 
    Tried one and found the texture a bit strange.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Tried one and found the texture a bit strange.
    Compared to a 'Meat' one it's pretty similar
  • Options
    I must admit, one of the things I do love about camping is a bacon roll in the morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    The dog is looking guilty, maybe he peed all over the veg.
    The guilt is probably that (assuming Floss is a border collie) Floss’s relatives are busy working on farms that provide us with the lambs that we eat.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I've done a full week now as a vegetarian or if splitting hairs pescatarian and found it pretty easy. 

I'll still eat meat if it is organic and not pumped full of water and antibiotics but seeing as its bloody hard to tell or totally trust food labelling it will probably be easier to stay vegetarian. 

Got in last night from a night up the west end and the temptation for a filthy donner was consuming me, so I tried up the shewarma vegan kebab 'meat' Id bought in the week and had that with a pitta bread and some chilli sauce. I was beyond pleasantly surprised, it was bloody lovely 

Quorn cocktail sausages and the scotch eggs are as good if not better tasting than ones with crappy gristly processed pork in them. I made a really nice salmon and poached egg fried rice during the week too. 

Like I've said before, dairy has beaten me and I've been eating a lot of cheese to replace meat mainly because vegan cheese is utterly disgusting but also because I would milk a cow whereas I doubt I would smash ones head in, gut it and butcher it myself. 

It’s easy coz you’re still eating fish 🐟 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Anybody interested in something vegan that's fast and cheap to cook have a look at the pumpkin & sweet potato burger from Vivera (available at Tesco). Have that at least once a week with some peppers, stir fry cabbage, onions and leeks and a bit of soy. Takes less than ten minutes and it's cracking 
  • Options
    Animal Rebellion piggy backing off Extinction Rebellion to appear larger than they are! 😆
  • Options
    Anybody interested in something vegan that's fast and cheap to cook have a look at the pumpkin & sweet potato burger from Vivera (available at Tesco). Have that at least once a week with some peppers, stir fry cabbage, onions and leeks and a bit of soy. Takes less than ten minutes and it's cracking 
    I couldn't agree more, Vivera are masters of their craft. Give the shawarma kebab stuff a go, truly it is gorgeous 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I couldn't agree more, Vivera are masters of their craft. Give the shawarma kebab stuff a go, truly it is gorgeous 
    Agree re the shawarma, is actually just nice food as opposed to an acceptable replacement. 

Their bacon bits are ok for a carbonara, salty, smokey and chewy but it's not going to make a good sandwich.

For anyone just trying to embrace a bit more veg or a bit less meat, have a look at the new Jamie book some really nice veggie recipes in there.