Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Played Littlestone Warren last Friday.. I hit every fairway which in the very strong wind was decent ..82 (net 60 😄) 
  • Options
    playing celtic manor the montgomirie last weekend of september, we are looking for a course to play on route there on the saturday bristol sort of way would be ideal, we are all 18-25 handicappers. 

any shouts would be welcomed. 
  • Options
    @Rob7Lee

What's the plan then!
  • Options
    Off for my 1st lesson in a minute. Heads up!
  • Options
    Just played Secret Valley in Cyprus on to Aphrodite Hills Wednesday 
  • Options
    playing celtic manor the montgomirie last weekend of september, we are looking for a course to play on route there on the saturday bristol sort of way would be ideal, we are all 18-25 handicappers. 

Castle Combe is just off the M4 near Swindon, lovely place and course 
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone caught any of the Seniors Open at Royal Porthcawl over the weekend. Shame the weather ruined a great course & made the scoring very difficult. I've played it twice & loved it. If you are ever down that way then give it a go. Also some other great courses in that part of the world - Tenby and Pyle & Kenfig to name but 2. 
  • Options
    If anyone watches the tubes golf channel, the new episode with joey Barton is something else. Bloke is an absolute loose cannon.
  • Options
    If anyone watches the tubes golf channel, the new episode with joey Barton is something else. Bloke is an absolute loose cannon.
    I do watch that @ValleyGary so look forward to confirming either further just how much of a complete tool Barton is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I played Westerham golf club today. It is very nice and not too long,the greens just recovering from aeriation or whatever it is called. One thing I didn't know is that the golf course was the creation of Ron Nodes and he was the first chairman there. He loved it so much he had his ashes buried under the 150 yard marker in the middle of the 18th fairway. It is a beautiful downhill finishing hole with lovely views over Kent. I know old Ron is not one of our favourite people of all time but he picked a good spot to end up.
  • Options
    Played Hanbury Manor back on the 15th, a day after the seniors tour event. Greens were lightning fast 
  • Options
    Watched it recently. He is a strange one. Still very on the edge despite wanting us to believe he’s a changed character these days. Decent golfer though 
  • Options
    A month in after my 1st lesson. Have been up the driving range twice today. Came home this morning with a big smile on my face and loving it. Just came home from it again and fcking hate the poxy game 😁
    As long as you play golf,that wont change.Enjoy the highs,forget the lows.
  • Options
    A month in after my 1st lesson. Have been up the driving range twice today. Came home this morning with a big smile on my face and loving it. Just came home from it again and fcking hate the poxy game 😁
    As long as you play golf,that wont change.Enjoy the highs,forget the lows.
    Yep so I hear. 'That's golf'
  • Options

Castle Combe is just off the M4 near Swindon, lovely place and course 
    Playing there end of October. Heard good things 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    @MattTeesHeader i forgot to come back and say how much I enjoyed playing Cooden Beach. Lovely course, even if I did stick one on the railway line! Was a very hot day. Had a great night out in Eastbourne , lovely meal at Meze, 3hrs sleep then up next morning to play Lingfield on the way back (nowhere near as nice course and torrential rain). 

• Options
    were you not Out of Bounds ???   Looks like white OOB markers where you are playing from the reeds. 
  • Options
    that’s not me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really glad you enjoyed it. I've been a member there since 1984 and still enjoy the place. The sea breeze always makes it a challenge!

Let me know if you're ever down again and I will get you that pint!

@MattTeesHeader i forgot to come back and say how much I enjoyed playing Cooden Beach. Lovely course, even if I did stick one on the railway line! Was a very hot day. Had a great night out in Eastbourne , lovely meal at Meze, 3hrs sleep then up next morning to play Lingfield on the way back (nowhere near as nice course and torrential rain). 

• Options
    Really glad you enjoyed it. I've been a member there since 1984 and still enjoy the place. The sea breeze always makes it a challenge!

Parents live 10 min walk from there. I've played it a few times. Very strict on long socks when wearing shorts.....🙄.
  • Options

Parents live 10 min walk from there. I've played it a few times. Very strict on long socks when wearing shorts.....🙄.
    One of the best changes golf made was reducing the strictness of golfing attire. I'm playing a sport not going to a wedding!
  • Options
    Not anymore. Happy to say Cooden has been updated in its approach.:

• Options
    Just come back from a little stay in the Borders( Berwick and a bit further north) played magdeline fields,haddington and Eyemouth, the latter was a real monster..some great weather and good company 
  • Options
    Watching Mcilroy at times today gives us all hope.
  • Options
    Anyone played Weald of Kent down at Headcorn in recent times? Off down there in a few weeks for the first time
  • Options
    Anyone played Weald of Kent down at Headcorn in recent times? Off down there in a few weeks for the first time
    Played there a few times, last was about 6 months ago. It’s always kept in fairly good condition but it’s quite a boring course, the middle section just has a load of holes that run parallel to each other with no real features.
  • Options
    Not played it for ages pre-Covid not a bad track a few challenging holes, I’m sure you will enjoy it. Tough opener teeing over the pond.

I am playing the West Course at Moor Park tomorrow….. praying for a sub 90 but will settle for some good ball striking as been slapping it a little of late and pulling left 
  • Options
    Played there last year,lovely course,and probably one of the best club houses you will find at a public course.