Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

1535455565759»

Comments

• Options
    If you see me getting in/out of my black cab in the car park, come over and introduce yourself 👍🏻
  • Options
    This might be old news but I found out yesterday that Pedham Place is due to be sold off for housing and a sports venue.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    If you see me getting in/out of my black cab in the car park, come over and introduce yourself 👍🏻
    👍
  • Options
    This might be old news but I found out yesterday that Pedham Place is due to be sold off for housing and a sports venue.

The last I heard was that, in addition to 2,500 homes, the sports venue in question was going to be the new home for Wasps rugby but would be multi purpose too
  • Options
    I didn't know..and if so that's a great shame as the course itself is just beginning to get established...
  • Options
    edited May 12
  • Options
    edited May 12
  • Options
    Went on a golf trip to Ireland a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely sensational and had glorious weather too. We played Jameson links, howth and Portmarnock. Interestingly, Portmarnock are trying to get the open in 10-15 years which will cause the traditionalists a panic as it’s in Republic of Ireland. Will be an infrastructure marvel if they pull it off. When we finished at Portmarnock, the captain presented us with a print of one of the holes which was an unexpected treat: he also drove some of the lads back to the hotel as we could only get one Uber!
  • Options
    That’s a nice momento that. We played and stayed one night at Portmarnock 5 years ago on a stag before we moved into Dublin. Loved it. Only course I’ve played outside of England. 
  • Options
    That’s a nice momento that. We played and stayed one night at Portmarnock 5 years ago on a stag before we moved into Dublin. Loved it. Only course I’ve played outside of England. 
    Yeah mate absolute top marks from me. We planned on going into Dublin but didn’t bother as everything we needed was there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played at Nizels today.  Course was in good condition and was only 35 quid per player for a four ball so not to shabby.
  • Options
    Played the international at london club yesterday 23 points of 21 probably a little long for my hitting standards but was in great condition.
  • Options
    Played the international at london club yesterday 23 points of 21 probably a little long for my hitting standards but was in great condition.
    International is - IMO - actually the better course at London Club - Heritage is good, but International much better, incl some cracking over water holes - the 2 par 3’s over water, one on front 9, one on back 9, are crackers, especially off back tee’s
  • Options
    International is - IMO - actually the better course at London Club - Heritage is good, but International much better, incl some cracking over water holes - the 2 par 3’s over water, one on front 9, one on back 9, are crackers, especially off back tee’s
    Agreed. I’m a member there and we prefer the international. Not just the signature par 3s. Faster running, more elevation changes, 5 par 5s, 5 par 3s, some short par 4s. Better balance of holes overall - although I dislike 9 and 18. 

I was just clearing out my bag to start the season proper - playing tomorrow - and found an away end ticket for Cambridge v Charlton in April 2022.  Remember finding it on the tee box of the 3rd Inty (a great hole) and decided to keep in my bag!!  I assume a fellow fan was in a group ahead that day!!
  • Options
    Never played London Club despite being local. One day Rodney, one day…
  • Options
    Never played London Club despite being local. One day Rodney, one day…
    I'm not sure I could justify playing there if I had to fund it (or explain it to her indoors) £175 for a round plus £32.50 each for a buggy is a very expensive start to the day
  • Options
    Had a pony night sleep so have binned work off. I'm going to take my tired arse over barnehurst for a round and see how I get on half asleep. I imagine I'll be coming home a few balls lighter.
  • Options
    Had my first round of 2024. 18 points and lost 9 balls. A truly woeful start! Booked another round Monday eve though!!
  • Options
    1st proper round last week at Chelsfield lakes didn't play badly but putting let me down gross 95 ..course seemed in good condition