Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    Played Les Pines and Les Dunes in Hardelot the weekend fantastic couple of days.

Les Pines was nice but I struggled but Les Dunes was far the better course and played quite well.

4 of us round trip on the le shuttle, one nights stay in le touquet 2 rounds came in at £1400.00 which i found quite reasonable considering the shuttle alone £250.00 round trip these days. 
  • Options
    Played Les Pines and Les Dunes in Hardelot the weekend fantastic couple of days.

Les Pines was nice but I struggled but Les Dunes was far the better course and played quite well.

4 of us round trip on the le shuttle, one nights stay in le touquet 2 rounds came in at £1400.00 which i found quite reasonable considering the shuttle alone £250.00 round trip these days. 
    have done that before and played both of those, cracking couple of days - from memory we stayed in the Westminster Hotel in Le Touquet
  • Options
    I’m playing Hankley Common tomorrow with clients - my Boss cajoled me into playing, and having looked at the club’s website, it looks like a lovely course, however rather difficult

I don’t play very much at all now - last played in June last year - back in the day I got down to 12 handicap, but the wheels gradually fell off, and I stopped playing 

I think the course I am playing tomorrow is not a good choice for first game of 2024 !!!
  • Options

have done that before and played both of those, cracking couple of days - from memory we stayed in the Westminster Hotel in Le Touquet
    We stayed in the Le Grand hotel however not for long a pint of Corona and a whiskey and coke was 28 Euros we moved on.
  • Options
    Played at Seaford Head last week..Played OK..not a long course but some dramatic holes and wonderful views of the Sussex coastline..thoroughly recommend a visit provided you don't mind the wind ..Bletchingley on Friday..anyone Played there? 
  • Options
    Has anyone played golf in the Domincan Republic? Im there in July and considering playing golf, but prices are astronomical online... wondered if anyone has experience of gaining better deals once there. Punta Cana area.
  • Options
    @lolwray I’m due there with society in September we played it a few years ago it’s a good fun course and yes some dramatic looking holes 
  • Options
    I’m playing Hankley Common tomorrow with clients - my Boss cajoled me into playing, and having looked at the club’s website, it looks like a lovely course, however rather difficult

I don’t play very much at all now - last played in June last year - back in the day I got down to 12 handicap, but the wheels gradually fell off, and I stopped playing 

I think the course I am playing tomorrow is not a good choice for first game of 2024 !!!
    Great course. I hope you enjoyed it & kept out of the heather. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Played at Seaford Head last week..Played OK..not a long course but some dramatic holes and wonderful views of the Sussex coastline..thoroughly recommend a visit provided you don't mind the wind ..Bletchingley on Friday..anyone Played there? 
    Love the 18th at Seaford. All downhill & cracking views from the tee.
  • Options

Fabulous golf course - I started poorly (first tee shot straight into the heather) but got better - had a long putt for eagle on a par 5, but got the birdie - it lived up to its billing I have to say - fairways and greens in stunning condition - some very good looking but hard par 3’s - I recommend it 

Only downside, food was poor - mind you I always compare golf club food with Tandridge, where the food is spectacularly good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fabulous golf course - I started poorly (first tee shot straight into the heather) but got better - had a long putt for eagle on a par 5, but got the birdie - it lived up to its billing I have to say - fairways and greens in stunning condition - some very good looking but hard par 3’s - I recommend it 

Only downside, food was poor - mind you I always compare golf club food with Tandridge, where the food is spectacularly good
    Never ate in the clubhouse. Usually a couple of packs of sandwiches in between rounds (usually play 36 holes there). 
  • Options
    Played Bletchingley yesterday..course in good condition but my putting let me down on very fast greens .It's only on  junction 6 of M25 so well worth a visit. Must admit I want to get back there to avenge my putting