Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anti semitism

Comments

• Options

Surprsed nobody has yet posted mention of the editorials jointly issued today by the three main Jewish newspapers on the matter.
    For me it is the most authoritative and damning condemnation yet of Corbyn's Labour on the issue.

I thought it was only the cult of Corbyn that enjoy conflating the topic of anti-semitism and anti-zionism...

How Corbyn's views on Israel the country tally with a threat to Jewish communities in the UK, I have no idea.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It fucking tickles me pink how Henry claims to be liberal out of one of his two faces, and literally posts the words of alt-right shithead Guido Fawkes with his other

Anyway, Labour have a problem, I've accepted, and Corbyn needs to act urgently to kick out ANYONE who's said anything explicitly antisemitic from his party. Because the Tories get to be bigots - it's who they are, after all - and Labour need to be completely free of stain or they're the real racists (courtesy: The Media)

Corbyn’s has ages to deal with this now and hasn’t, it’s an absolute farce and he is not fit to lead the Labour Party.

Never mind what the Tories do, it isn’t a justification for tolerating blatant anti-semitism in the Labour Party.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Well of course it's a problem. I don't think Corbyn is antisemitic himself but he harbours a lot of poisonous sentiment under his wings. The whole militant SWP crew have plenty of such sorts. It needs to be confronted and a zero-tolerance policy installed. THIS ISN'T HARD.

Sadly I think we may be beyond that point for Corbyn now. How he ever regains the trust of enough voters is beyond me.

I just dread to think of who they might replace him with and we're back to square one, I suspect. The Labour Party certainly won't allow another leftist candidate to stand for leadership.
  • Options
    Caroline Lucas (who's stepping down as Green leader) parachuted in to save Britain!

Failing that....shit, it'll have to be an enterprising backbencher. Or Emily Thornberry haha
  • Options
    Thanks Callum. Wasn't aware that HMG adopted the entire IHRA defenition against the advice of the HASC. Also didn't know that there was an Israel Apartheid Week (not a Jewish Apartheid Week) or that big hitters are trying to close it down. Let's not forget the JLC, UN Watch and Board of Deputies are avid supporters of Israel, and refuse to ctriticise any crimes committed by the regime or the failure to comply with UN resolutions.
  • Options
    THIS IS NOW THE LABOUR THREAD SEE WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE DONE THE LABOUR THREAD IS LITERALLY CALLED ANTISEMITISM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Well of course it's a problem. I don't think Corbyn is antisemitic himself but he harbours a lot of poisonous sentiment under his wings. The whole militant SWP crew have plenty of such sorts. It needs to be confronted and a zero-tolerance policy installed. THIS ISN'T HARD.

Again without trying to be confrontational but Labour are actively endorsing people with a history of anti Semitic writings. How Dipu Ahad gets anywhere near representation of what Labour is about is beyond fathomable.

• Options

Thanks Callum. Wasn't aware that HMG adopted the entire IHRA defenition against the advice of the HASC. Also didn't know that there was an Israel Apartheid Week (not a Jewish Apartheid Week) or that big hitters are trying to close it down. Let's not forget the JLC, UN Watch and Board of Deputies are avid supporters of Israel, and refuse to ctriticise any crimes committed by the regime or the failure to comply with UN resolutions.

why are we talking about israel?
  • Options

Leuth said:

Sadly I think we may be beyond that point for Corbyn now. How he ever regains the trust of enough voters is beyond me.

I just dread to think of who they might replace him with and we're back to square one, I suspect. The Labour Party certainly won't allow another leftist candidate to stand for leadership.
    There can only ever be a leftist candidate elected. That’s now a fact.

• Options
    I think Ed Miliband was quite a leftist candidate in his own botched way. He just had to be less of a dork and promise to nationalise more stuff and he'd have probably won the election idk. I'd almost have him back now he's had his aggro personality transplant
  • Options

Leuth said:

there's enough corbynists in the PLP now to see another hard left candidate would be nominated, for sure. I'm certain neither corbyn or his
    immediate successor will become PM. The person who finally outs him will be a dummy/sacrificial lamb like owen smith was. There's better options both on the labour backbenches and in the membership.
  • Options

Because Jews = Israel in their minds.

It's like saying all Muslims are to blame for human right abuses in Saudi Arabia as it is a Muslim state and any accusation of Islamophobia can be negated by "yeah, but look at Saudi Arabia."
    we all know islamophobia is just banded around to stifle free speech and debate about middle east dictatorships /s
  • Options
    Whilst there are problems, trouble is complaints of Anti Semitism are used constantly by Jewish and pro Israel people as a go to defence to shut down any discussion or argument on Israel and/or Jewish behaviour and it's own often despicable commentary on others.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Whilst there are problems, trouble is complaints of Anti Semitism are used constantly by Jewish and pro Israel people as a go to defence to shut down any discussion or argument on Israel and/or Jewish behaviour and it's own often despicable commentary on others.

evidence?
  • Options
    Henry has highlighted some attrocious quotes from Labour Party members that should lead to expulsions, and JC should get his act together but with a caveat.

Did they actually say the things quoted?
    Several posts (won't quote) relating to Nation's attitudes seem valid.
    Sadly you don't have to be white to be racist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

there's enough corbynists in the PLP now to see another hard left candidate would be nominated, for sure. I'm certain neither corbyn or his
    immediate successor will become PM. The person who finally outs him will be a dummy/sacrificial lamb like owen smith was. There's better options both on the labour backbenches and in the membership.
    Within the PLP I’m certain there are those that would see a more electable and moderate leader. However. Under Ed’s changes to how the labour leader is elected it is already established that Unite and Momentum will have the say.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It fucking tickles me pink how Henry claims to be liberal out of one of his two faces, and literally posts the words of alt-right shithead Guido Fawkes with his other

Anyway, Labour have a problem, I've accepted, and Corbyn needs to act urgently to kick out ANYONE who's said anything explicitly antisemitic from his party. Because the Tories get to be bigots - it's who they are, after all - and Labour need to be completely free of stain or they're the real racists (courtesy: The Media)

Never claimed to be a liberal

Because Jews = Israel in their minds.

It's like saying all Muslims are to blame for human right abuses in Saudi Arabia as it is a Muslim state and any accusation of Islamophobia can be negated by "yeah, but look at Saudi Arabia."
    we all know islamophobia is just banded around to stifle free speech and debate about middle east dictatorships /s
    Exactly, all part of a global Islamic conspiracy. You know "they" control all the banks and the media.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Henry has highlighted some attrocious quotes from Labour Party members that should lead to expulsions, and JC should get his act together but with a caveat.

Really, even when given evidence you refuse to accept it.

• Options

Really, even when given evidence you refuse to accept it.

FAKE NEWS, BUT HER EMAILS etc.

Corbyn cultists.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Jewish Behaviour? wtf does that mean ?

Most Jews dont associate themselves at all with Israeli Policies ..do all Muslims support Bashad? Its a leftist trigger response ..all Jews are Israelis,Israelis repress Palestine therefore we are anti semitic.Corbyn lives in fear of alienating Muslim support
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Please tell me what "Jewish behaviour" is @DRAddick
  • Options
    edited July 2018

DRAddick said:

evidence?
    Loads. Through talking to people both in a personal capacity and through work. And through taking time to read arguments and comments from all sides. Just take the time to read comments sections after news articles or social media posts involving Judaism or Israel, both pro and critical, you'll find loads of evidence yourself.

I started by saying there are problems, of course there are. There are huge problems with anti Semitism as there are also huge problems with Racism, homophobia, sexism etc. As in all these cases there are many real problems that need addressing and need to be fought against, but at the same time there are also many people who seek to use the real problems as a shield and as a defence or justification of their own behaviour or beliefs. It's human nature, and whilst people are happy to act that way, it cheapens the real problems being experienced by others.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

evidence?
    Loads. Through talking to people both in a personal capacity and through work. And through taking time to read arguments and comments from all sides. Just take the time to read comments sections after news articles or social media posts involving Judaism or Israel, both pro and critical, you'll find loads of evidence yourself.

No actually evidence then?

I started by saying there are problems, of course there are. There are huge problems with anti Semitism as there are also huge problems with Racism, homophobia, sexism etc. As in all these cases there are many real problems that need addressing and need to be fought against, but at the same time there are also many people who seek to use the real problems as a shield and as a defence or justification of their own behaviour or beliefs. It's human nature.
    A very good description of the Corbyn cult there.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

One of my best friends is Jewish, and he is more anti Zionist than anyone I know. And there are plenty of liberal Israelis who want a better deal for the Palestinians.

impossible mate, @DRAddick thinks jewish behaviour is disgusting to palestinians.