Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anti semitism

Comments

• Options

I remember the good old days when Charlton Life was about football .

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
  • Options

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    disgusting the way he treats palestinians.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

One of my best friends is Jewish, and he is more anti Zionist than anyone I know. And there are plenty of liberal Israelis who want a better deal for the Palestinians.

impossible mate, @DRAddick thinks jewish behaviour is disgusting to palestinians.
    It’s because DR doesn’t understand the difference between being Jewish and being a Zionist.

• Options
    edited July 2018

Henry has highlighted some attrocious quotes from Labour Party members that should lead to expulsions, and JC should get his act together but with a caveat.

Did they actually say the things quoted?

Really, even when given evidence you refuse to accept it.

Henry.

1. These are tweets. We are all aware of false twitter accounts
    2. Without in-depth analysis I'm sure some of the posts are 3rd parties claiming what someone said.
    3. Proven Anti-semites should be expelled and prosecuted, they are polluting my beliefs.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

One of my best friends is Jewish, and he is more anti Zionist than anyone I know. And there are plenty of liberal Israelis who want a better deal for the Palestinians.

impossible mate, @DRAddick thinks jewish behaviour is disgusting to palestinians.
    Some Jewish people believe that too, as shown by the Birthright walkout:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-nagel-birthright-israel-walkout_us_5b54f04fe4b0b15aba90107d?guccounter=1

Worth reading, whatever side of the fence you're on.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Oh fuck off, Please quote where I said that and said anything about All Jews behaviour or even mention Palestine? Oh sorry......, "evidence"?

Life is complicated, well it is for those of us who can cope with that! Just because your mind needs to keep things simple, try not to just make things up. I'm fully aware there are many Anti Israeli Jews, I've spoken to many during very interesting conversations. There were also many prominent Jews living in the region who were against the formation of Israel at the time (see I know lots of things). I can equally argue against Palestinian and Islamic behaviour, doesn't automatically make me pro Israeli does it? Try opening your mind a little, works wonders during discussions.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Some Jewish people believe that too, as shown by the Birthright walkout:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-nagel-birthright-israel-walkout_us_5b54f04fe4b0b15aba90107d?guccounter=1

Worth reading, whatever side of the fence you're on.
    why are all jews responsible for israel?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

It’s because DR doesn’t understand the difference between being Jewish and being a Zionist.

Try actually reading what I actually said without restricting it to an Israel/Palestine situation which I didn't mention.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Whilst there are problems, trouble is complaints of Anti Semitism are used constantly by Jewish and pro Israel people as a go to defence to shut down any discussion or argument on Israel and/or Jewish behaviour and it's own often despicable commentary on others.

Surely, even if what you’re saying is true, it doesn’t justify actual anti-Semitic behaviour?
  • Options
    Can anyone help me understand why the hard left across the UK's universities are so quick to promote 'Israel apartheid' boycott days, but are relatively slower to organize similar boycotts against the likes of China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey etc. each with appalling records on human rights?

What am I missing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

JamesSeed said:

I think that's highly unlikely with all due respect.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

Try actually reading what I actually said without restricting it to an Israel/Palestine situation which I didn't mention.
    typical jewish behaviour, right? Because all jews behave in the same way.
  • Options

Can anyone help me understand why the hard left across the UK's universities are so quick to promote 'Israel apartheid' boycott days, but are relatively slower to organize similar boycotts against the likes of China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey etc. each with appalling records on human rights?

What am I missing?

you're not wrong, but i don't think whataboutery is healthy for these kind of debates as they allow strawman arguments to pop up.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Below are links to the full texts of, firstly, the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's 'Working Definition of Antisemitism' and, secondly, the Labour Party's 'NEC Code of Conduct: Antisemitism' (which are at the centre of the current controversy).

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/node/196

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/app/uploads/2018/07/Labour-Party-Code-of-Conduct-on-antisemitism.pdf

I encourage people to read both (neither is very long), and then having done so please explain how anybody who supported the 'NEC Code of Conduct: Antisemitism' could reasonably be accused of being “an anti-Semite and racist” as Margaret Hodge has accused Jeremy Corbyn of being for supporting the 'NEC Code'?
  • Options

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    disgusting the way he treats palestinians.
    Yes, but just look at how well he'll organize the wall at free-kicks.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

Where did I say anything even close to that? "Evidence"?
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh fuck off, Please quote where I said that and said anything about All Jews behaviour or even mention Palestine? Oh sorry......, "evidence"?

Life is complicated, well it is for those of us who can cope with that! Just because your mind needs to keep things simple, try not to just make things up. I'm fully aware there are many Anti Israeli Jews, I've spoken to many during very interesting conversations. There were also many prominent Jews living in the region who were against the formation of Israel at the time (see I know lots of things). I can equally argue against Palestinian and Islamic behaviour, doesn't automatically make me pro Israeli does it? Try opening your mind a little, works wonders during discussions.

You seem to have a fixation with “behaviour”. Jewish behaviour and now Palestinian and Islamic behaviour.

You do realise that this doesn’t exist don’t you.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

Where did I say anything even close to that? "Evidence"?

Lets take a look...
    DRAddick said:

Whilst there are problems, trouble is complaints of Anti Semitism are used constantly by Jewish and pro Israel people as a go to defence to shut down any discussion or argument on Israel and/or Jewish behaviour and it's own often despicable commentary on others.

how is their race pertinent to their support of zionism?
  • Options

Thanks Callum. Wasn't aware that HMG adopted the entire IHRA defenition against the advice of the HASC. Also didn't know that there was an Israel Apartheid Week (not a Jewish Apartheid Week) or that big hitters are trying to close it down. Let's not forget the JLC, UN Watch and Board of Deputies are avid supporters of Israel, and refuse to ctriticise any crimes committed by the regime or the failure to comply with UN resolutions.

why are we talking about israel?
    Because Jews = Israel in their minds.

It's like saying all Muslims are to blame for human right abuses in Saudi Arabia as it is a Muslim state and any accusation of Islamophobia can be negated by "yeah, but look at Saudi Arabia."
    At the risk of getting more condescending DMs, I stopped reading that Twitter account you seem to love when they posted something about Right of Return being anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish or something over the top, apologies for not being able to remember the specifics. It is undoubtedly a tactic used to couch anti-semitism, but it's also one used by the other side as well.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

I didn't say it was pertinent did I. The entire sentence states Jewish AND Pro Israel people" plenty of Jews and non Jews who are pro Israel/Zionism, but that doesn't meant the aspect from which they are coming from isn't different. Read it more carefully next time instead of just automatically placing your assumptions on things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What am I missing?

you're not wrong, but i don't think whataboutery is healthy for these kind of debates as they allow strawman arguments to pop up.
    I think it's relevant because one of the specific clauses that Labour does not wish to adopt from the IHRA code is: "Requiring higher standards of behaviour from Israel than other nations."
  • Options
    edited July 2018

DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

You seem to have a fixation with “behaviour”. Jewish behaviour and now Palestinian and Islamic behaviour.

You do realise that this doesn’t exist don’t you.

I agree, but there are also generalisations and stereotypes in all walks of life. it's just trying to make comment in a short space of time and non face to face. The trouble with message boards, people tend to read what they want into comments which leads to misunderstandings and assumptions .
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

I didn't say it was pertinent did I. The entire sentence states Jewish AND Pro Israel people" plenty of Jews and non Jews who are pro Israel/Zionism, but that doesn't meant the aspect from which they are coming from isn't different. Read it more carefully next time instead of just automatically placing your assumptions on things.
    you literally just repeated that jewish and pro israel people... meaning that jewish people are automatically pro israel by their ethnicity.

Maybe you should type a bit more carefully.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    Wait do we know this or are we just assuming because of the name? Serious question. Because I did Google it when he signed for us.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Thanks Callum. Wasn't aware that HMG adopted the entire IHRA defenition against the advice of the HASC. Also didn't know that there was an Israel Apartheid Week (not a Jewish Apartheid Week) or that big hitters are trying to close it down. Let's not forget the JLC, UN Watch and Board of Deputies are avid supporters of Israel, and refuse to ctriticise any crimes committed by the regime or the failure to comply with UN resolutions.

It's like saying all Muslims are to blame for human right abuses in Saudi Arabia as it is a Muslim state and any accusation of Islamophobia can be negated by "yeah, but look at Saudi Arabia."
    At the risk of getting more condescending DMs, I stopped reading that Twitter account you seem to love when they posted something about Right of Return being anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish or something over the top, apologies for not being able to remember the specifics. It is undoubtedly a tactic used to couch anti-semitism, but it's also one used by the other side as well.
    It's ok, posting all those tweets drowned any debate originally so they served their purpose.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    Wait do we know this or are we just assuming because of the name? Serious question. Because I did Google. It when he signed for us.
    does it matter? It was a funny joke, because his name is shared with many jews.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

It's ok, posting all those tweets drowned any debate originally so they served their purpose.
    i'm not sure what there is to debate?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

So you dismiss the evidence you can't remember as it doesn't suit your view but that's OK as, as you admit, you didn't read much of it.

No comments on Corbyn's support for terrorists either which you claimed was your issue before.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    Wait do we know this or are we just assuming because of the name? Serious question. Because I did Google. It when he signed for us.
    does it matter? It was a funny joke, because his name is shared with many jews.
    I'd like him to be!
    https://youtu.be/cxqjsyfbcd4
  • Options
    edited July 2018

SDAddick said:

i'm not sure what there is to debate?
    Bloody hell didn't take long to jump on that and twist it. You're welcome to change 'debate' to 'discussion'.

In any case, it's now a non-point that we're a couple of pages in and more people seem more willing to contribute.