Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anti semitism

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

I remember the good old days when Charlton Life was about football .

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    Wait do we know this or are we just assuming because of the name? Serious question. Because I did Google it when he signed for us.
    https://www.jewishnews.net.au/athletic-blumberg-thrives-at-charlton/76896
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Thanks Callum. Wasn't aware that HMG adopted the entire IHRA defenition against the advice of the HASC. Also didn't know that there was an Israel Apartheid Week (not a Jewish Apartheid Week) or that big hitters are trying to close it down. Let's not forget the JLC, UN Watch and Board of Deputies are avid supporters of Israel, and refuse to ctriticise any crimes committed by the regime or the failure to comply with UN resolutions.

why are we talking about israel?
    Because Jews = Israel in their minds.

It's like saying all Muslims are to blame for human right abuses in Saudi Arabia as it is a Muslim state and any accusation of Islamophobia can be negated by "yeah, but look at Saudi Arabia."
    At the risk of getting more condescending DMs, I stopped reading that Twitter account you seem to love when they posted something about Right of Return being anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish or something over the top, apologies for not being able to remember the specifics. It is undoubtedly a tactic used to couch anti-semitism, but it's also one used by the other side as well.
    So you dismiss the evidence you can't remember as it doesn't suit your view but that's OK as, as you admit, you didn't read much of it.

No comments on Corbyn's support for terrorists either which you claimed was your issue before.
    I actually read a lot of it. And I don't dismiss that there are anti-semitic elements within the Labour Party and that the response of leadership has been inexcusable.
  • Options

There is an anti semitism problem within Labour as all of the links provided shows us.

There is a big racism/anti-muslim problem within the Conservative party. For example: https://news.sky.com/story/appalling-cynicism-tories-control-council-by-reinstating-racist-woman-11359289

Why is one covered weekly and yet the other barely mentioned?

More Whataboutery.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Thanks Callum. Wasn't aware that HMG adopted the entire IHRA defenition against the advice of the HASC. Also didn't know that there was an Israel Apartheid Week (not a Jewish Apartheid Week) or that big hitters are trying to close it down. Let's not forget the JLC, UN Watch and Board of Deputies are avid supporters of Israel, and refuse to ctriticise any crimes committed by the regime or the failure to comply with UN resolutions.

why are we talking about israel?
    Because Jews = Israel in their minds.

It's like saying all Muslims are to blame for human right abuses in Saudi Arabia as it is a Muslim state and any accusation of Islamophobia can be negated by "yeah, but look at Saudi Arabia."
    At the risk of getting more condescending DMs, I stopped reading that Twitter account you seem to love when they posted something about Right of Return being anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish or something over the top, apologies for not being able to remember the specifics. It is undoubtedly a tactic used to couch anti-semitism, but it's also one used by the other side as well.
    So you dismiss the evidence you can't remember as it doesn't suit your view but that's OK as, as you admit, you didn't read much of it.

No comments on Corbyn's support for terrorists either which you claimed was your issue before.
    I actually read a lot of it. And I don't dismiss that there are anti-semitic elements within the Labour Party and that the response of leadership has been inexcusable.
    Links to terrorists?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Ryan Blumberg is Jewish
    Wait do we know this or are we just assuming because of the name? Serious question. Because I did Google it when he signed for us.
    https://www.jewishnews.net.au/athletic-blumberg-thrives-at-charlton/76896
    Get in!

Thought he looked very solid at left back against Dulwich. Which is good because I fear he's going to be one of our reserve left backs this season.
  • Options
    Nice having a Jewish centre-back, we haven't had one of those for at least 3 seasons ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There is an anti semitism problem within Labour as all of the links provided shows us.

There is a big racism/anti-muslim problem within the Conservative party. For example: https://news.sky.com/story/appalling-cynicism-tories-control-council-by-reinstating-racist-woman-11359289

More Whataboutery.
    Why do you want to paint it as a Labour issue and not just an issue in every party?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/revealed-nine-tory-local-election-12465640
  • Options

More Whataboutery.
    Why do you want to paint it as a Labour issue and not just an issue in every party?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/revealed-nine-tory-local-election-12465640
    I'm not a member of any party.

It IS a labour issue, even the labour party members on here accept that now, even if begrudgingly.

For the record I condemn all discrimination in all parties.

Now, back to the thread topic which is labour anti-Semitism.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

To criticise The israeli human rights record is as much about Jews, as criticising Italy for its Roma policy is about Roman Catholics. Corbyn being anti Semitic is pure propaganda by Israeli sympathisers and has been grabbed by the tories who have nothing else left to attack him with.

then why when i make a thread about anti semitism, people start posting on the deplorable things the israeli government has done?
  • Options

kentred2 said:

To criticise The israeli human rights record is as much about Jews, as criticising Italy for its Roma policy is about Roman Catholics. Corbyn being anti Semitic is pure propaganda by Israeli sympathisers and has been grabbed by the tories who have nothing else left to attack him with.

then why when i make a thread about anti semitism, people start posting on the deplorable things the israeli government has done?
    Because that is the explanation of why he is attacked. He is anti Israeli so they play their usual anti Semitic card against him.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Because that is the explanation of why he is attacked. He is anti Israeli so they play their usual anti Semitic card against him.
    Why are people “anti Israeli”. Is anyone anti Saudi? Anti Iranian? Anti American?

It is the government of Israel, not the state of Israel and its people Corbyn has a problem with. This, clearly, has not been communicated, and is partially why labour are struggling to deal with the problem.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I do appreciate at most of this dialogue, even if we all don't always agree. Because of all that's happening in the States right now, I don't follow news and politics in the UK as closely as I used to. And so what usually ends up happening is I'll read about something, we'll then have 18 news cycles here, and then, as I did this morning, I'll read about three Jewish publications lambasting the Labour party, and then I have to sort out what's happened. And in something like this, where there's a lot of intricacy, history, a need to understand what has and (perhaps more importantly) has not been said, and of course there is political opportunism, as there always is, it can be difficult.

So I do appreciate these kinds of conversations. I think we can all agree that anti-semitism=bad.

Do you live Stateside then SDAsy?
  • Options

I find these sort of threads and many of the non football ones very educational and informative and often learn about things I wouldn't elsewhere. Some are fascinating with the depth and breadth of knowledge on such a range of subjects.

I really enjoy seeing conflicting views and polar opposite positions articulated and justified and find it can help me see things from both sides with a more balanced perspective.

It's a real shame that vitriol and anger stunts the debate and prevents it developing to its natural conclusion as people tend to be so passionate in their beliefs they dig in and counter attack their position with closed ears so it turns into conflict rather than dialogue.

A microcosm reflection of society in general and the wider world perhaps and maybe an example as to why there are still so many conflicts and divisions.

If Charlton fans on a forum can't discuss and debate these issues that don't really impact them directly how can Israelis and Palestinians ever expect to do so tranquilly.
    or rather why are some charlton fans instantly moving to the defensive about palestinian treatment in a thread about anti semitism in britain. One could be fooled into thinking that doing that in itself is anti semitic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

More Whataboutery.

I'm not a member of any party.

It IS a labour issue, even the labour party members on here accept that now, even if begrudgingly.

For the record I condemn all discrimination in all parties.

Now, back to the thread topic which is labour anti-Semitism.
    That is odd. I thought it was thread on anti-semitism.
    Opening line, opening post

"Labour in crisis? Or a SMEAR(tm) from the mainstream media elites? "
  • Options

I find these sort of threads and many of the non football ones very educational and informative and often learn about things I wouldn't elsewhere. Some are fascinating with the depth and breadth of knowledge on such a range of subjects.

I really enjoy seeing conflicting views and polar opposite positions articulated and justified and find it can help me see things from both sides with a more balanced perspective.

It's a real shame that vitriol and anger stunts the debate and prevents it developing to its natural conclusion as people tend to be so passionate in their beliefs they dig in and counter attack their position with closed ears so it turns into conflict rather than dialogue.

A microcosm reflection of society in general and the wider world perhaps and maybe an example as to why there are still so many conflicts and divisions.

If Charlton fans on a forum can't discuss and debate these issues that don't really impact them directly how can Israelis and Palestinians ever expect to do so tranquilly.
    Cheers for the kind words Rodders
  • Options
    edited July 2018

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Why are people “anti Israeli”. Is anyone anti Saudi? Anti Iranian? Anti American?

It is the government of Israel, not the state of Israel and its people Corbyn has a problem with. This, clearly, has not been communicated, and is partially why labour are struggling to deal with the problem.
    Obvious why people are anti Israel ( yes the state not it’s people). I’m anti Saudi. And anti Duchataletstan.
  • Options

Sadly Jews don't help themselves on this matter.
    Just 14 months after brave British forces liberated the belsen death camp, Jewish terrorists bombed the British HQ in Jerusalem.

To this day the site of this atrocity, the king David hotel bears a plaque which blamed the British.

Maybe the Jewish press could demand a suitable and fittings tribute to those that perished that day. This would put right right history's biggest case of ingratitude.

RIP the 91

Wow, this just about takes the biscuit as being the most overt anti Semitic thing on this thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Sadly Jews don't help themselves on this matter.
    Just 14 months after brave British forces liberated the belsen death camp, Jewish terrorists bombed the British HQ in Jerusalem.

To this day the site of this atrocity, the king David hotel bears a plaque which blamed the British.

Maybe the Jewish press could demand a suitable and fittings tribute to those that perished that day. This would put right right history's biggest case of ingratitude.

RIP the 91

The bombing was carried out by Zionists not Jews per se. That’s the whole problem. No understanding of the difference.

You're right - but the same inability to accept that difference is also displayed by senior figures in the Jewish establishment.

Below is a extract from evidence to the House of Commons Home Affairs Committee in July 2016 by first, the Chief Rabbi and, secondly, the Chairman of the Jewish Leadership Council (JLC):

Opposing ‘Zionism’

26.In an article for The Daily Telegraph in May, the Chief Rabbi criticised attempts by Labour members and activists to separate Zionism from Judaism as a faith, arguing that their claims are “fictional”.41 In evidence to us, he stressed that “Zionism has been an integral part of Judaism from the dawn of our faith”. He stated that “spelling out the right of the Jewish people to live within secure borders with self-determination in their own country, which they had been absent from for 2,000 years—that is what Zionism is”. His view was that “If you are an anti-Zionist, you are anti everything I have just mentioned”.42

27.Similarly, CST and the JLC describe Zionism as “an ideological belief in the authenticity of Jewish peoplehood and that the Jewish people have the right to a state”.43 Sir Mick Davis, Chairman of the JLC, told us that criticising Zionism is the same as antisemitism, because:

Zionism is so totally identified with how the Jew thinks of himself, and is so associated with the right of the Jewish people to have their own country and to have self-determination within that country, that if you attack Zionism, you attack the very fundamentals of how the Jews believe in themselves.44

41 The Daily Telegraph (Ephraim Mirvis), Ken Livingstone and the hard Left are spreading the insidious virus of anti-Semitism, 3 May 2016

42 Oral evidence taken on 14 July 2016, Q418

43 Community Security Trust and the Jewish Leadership Council, submission to the Chakrabarti Inquiry, June 2016

44 Oral evidence taken on 14 July 2016, Q470

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmhaff/136/13605.htm
  • Options
    As a supporter of the Melbourne 'Hakoah' all over Victoria for three years in my youth I can confirm that they were a Jewish based club. I will continue to big-up Ryan unless he makes apologist statements regarding Israeli treatment of Palestinians. Have seen him three times and value him as decent CB cover.
  • Options

As a supporter of the Melbourne 'Hakoah' all over Victoria for three years in my youth I can confirm that they were a Jewish based club. I will continue to big-up Ryan unless he makes apologist statements regarding Israeli treatment of Palestinians. Have seen him three times and value him as decent CB cover.

Great to have you back mate
  • Options
    Glad this thread is being sunk, now we can get back to what's important, going on about how useless Chris Grayling is...