Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    Sam_777 said:
    Read this thread with interest. We need a footballing midfielder and he sounds the part. Welcome to the Seaside Albie. 
    I wouldn’t use this thread to base your opinion in him mate, Albie’s been the Charlton Life resident scapegoat for about 18 months now. 80% of the comments will tell you he’s the shittest player you’ve ever seen. 
    80% is a big exaggeration too.
  • Options
    He's a good player when things are going well, but he's not a man that will wrestle a game back in your favour.
  • Options
    Slightly better club than I expected, but I wish him nothing but the best (ahem Adele).
  • Options
    Good luck to him. I rated him and would have given him an extra year. With the right manager and team playing style he could be a very decent acquisition for Blackpool.
  • Options
    Nice to see and fair play to him. Good luck Albie on the next stage of your career ☘️
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    That’s a great contract, good for him (and well done to his agent)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    That’s a great contract, good for him (and we’ll done to his agent)
    Especially if it's true we offered him a contract but not on great terms and he's rejected it and got a better deal at a decent club in same division.
  • Options
    Best of luck Albie. Hope you smash it up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him, I predict he'll do quite well there.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Chunes said:
    Now just awaiting news Innis has signed for Bromley has got a scaffolding job
    Fixed that for you
    Fixed it again 
  • Options
    I reckon we can all guess where @Dazzler21 is booking himself a holiday this year ....
  • Options
    Good luck to Albie, done well to get a 3 year deal. Don’t think he’ll come back to bite us on the bum.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not saying he'll be playing his trade the league above this season if the rumour is right a promotion contender - could mean newly relegated or failed to go up this year.
    I'd expect Blackpool to be in and around the top 6 this season. I expect Blackpool will do too. 
  • Options
    "I like to get in the final third and make things happen" he said.

• Options
    Good luck to the lad 
  • Options
    I'm not surprised that he's got a 3 year contract with a League 1 club.
    Albie needed to get away from Cafc and at 23 and with all the experience he has accrued, prove that by going up North outside his comfort zone and family he can prove his worth.

I'm sorry to say he may be yet another ex player who ends up playing higher than Cafc. Blackpool should finish higher than us next season unless we actually have two good windows and keep our best young players.

Ironic that he left Charlton after by far his best season despite obvious flaws in his game. He should score 8 to ten goals a season. 
    Ok, I admit to saying on numerous occasions he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo BUT he can strike the ball really well when not hitting the sign above the Jimmy Seed end !

Rock on Albie, life's a beach and prove you're not a Donkey. 
  • Options
    Good luck Albie - hope you get a fantastic welcome when you return to play at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to Albie.

A frustrating player. On his day he could actually be exceptional. Sadly his day only comes round a couple of times a season and by now it’s evident he’ll never achieve consistently good performances. 
  • Options
    Started this post when he posted on IG a note to the ckub:

Posted a nice note on social media. It's a good reminder that these players are people who sometimes have deep connections to the club. 

I wish things had worked out better for Albie here. He was an  academy development success, but not a first team one. He didn't play enough at times to properly develop, and when he did we asked him to play different roles. And he was never sent out on loan to play every week. 

That being said, I still have no idea what his best role is.

I'm not surprised that he's got a 3 year contract with a League 1 club.
    Albie needed to get away from Cafc and at 23 and with all the experience he has accrued, prove that by going up North outside his comfort zone and family he can prove his worth.

I'm sorry to say he may be yet another ex player who ends up playing higher than Cafc. Blackpool should finish higher than us next season unless we actually have two good windows and keep our best young players.

Ironic that he left Charlton after by far his best season despite obvious flaws in his game. He should score 8 to ten goals a season. 
    Ok, I admit to saying on numerous occasions he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo BUT he can strike the ball really well when not hitting the sign above the Jimmy Seed end !

Rock on Albie, life's a beach and prove you're not a Donkey. 
    I am not surprised by him joining a club "higher" up the pyramid (kind of). I am surprised by the deal, but good for him.

He might be one who does for for Blackpool what he did for us. Or he might end up a Championship regular. Whatever happens next, he needed a change of scenary. Only 23, tons of experience, lots of talent, but it wasn't working for him here.

I'll be curious to see where they play Albie. They played 4-2-3-1 last year. I could see him as one of the holding players who goes box to box. I could also see him wide right.

Either way, good luck Albie. Sorry it didn't work out for you in the first team here. Hope you're excellent for 44 matches next season. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    That’s a great contract, good for him (and well done to his agent)
    You can't give credit to his agent, as it's been established (in the transfer rumours thread) that all agents are currently on their summer holidays 
  • Options
    Did get an assist for their first though so I imagine he’ll be happy 
  • Options
    The Morgan cycle, plays well for 3-5 games and then regresses. 
  • Options
    He played the entire game today which is definitely better than most people thought he'd be doing when he left us. I include myself in that as i expected him to drop into league 2.