Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    He played the entire game today which is definitely better than most people thought he'd be doing when he left us. I include myself in that as i expected him to drop into league 2.
    I’m not surprised he stayed in league 1. But I am surprised he’s starting for Blackpool. They’ve got a decent midfield and will be at least pushing for top 6 
  • Options
    Good luck to Albie because even now he have left he will take flak from Charlton critics.

So alien to the way I see football and footballers.
    And I bet he wasn't knackered after 60 minutes like some of our players today
  • Options
    He played the entire game today which is definitely better than most people thought he'd be doing when he left us. I include myself in that as i expected him to drop into league 2.
    I hope he proves the majority wrong. Had his limitations but always felt he was a good player. 
  • Options
    There will be comments in the future saying just let it go but for me I will be keeping a keen eye on his career. Man was Charlton and even today could still do a job for us. 
  • Options
    I hope he proves the majority wrong. Had his limitations but always felt he was a good player. 
    Agreed - he was our best striker of the ball when he was with us, unfortunately does not have a footballing brain. Hence will likely play out his career in L1 and L2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Agreed - he was our best striker of the ball when he was with us, unfortunately does not have a footballing brain. Hence will likely play out his career in L1 and L2.
    I wonder. He's 23 years old and he's played 93 L1 games and 23 Championship games. He's just been picked up by a team relegated from the Championship who will be looking to go back up, started in their first team and got an assist in his first game. I'm not sure that's the profile of a player destined for L2 but I guess we'll see
    You might be right, but then again Bonne might have had a similar analysis a few years ago. At the end of the day, the only thing that counts is whether they produce on the pitch and can do it consistently. In that regard, Morgan still has a lot to prove.
  • Options
    “Best striker of the ball”? It normally ended up 5 metres over the bar! 
  • Options
    He was involved in almost all those highlights at both ends of the pitch 
  • Options
    We needed better than Morgan. He was given so many opportunities but never took hold of a game and never bossed the midfield. I think lower L1 or L2 is his level. 

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Blackpool. 
  • Options
    If that was an assist then I'm a Dutchman.
    Morning Dirk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    “Best striker of the ball”? It normally ended up 5 metres over the bar! 
    I’m talking passing. He tended to panic when shooting at goal, as you say.
  • Options
    Why keep going over old ground? 

Holden obviously didn't see him fitting into his plans and he's gone on to pastures new. Find it a bit strange if anyone actually wants him, or any other player for that matter, to fail.

Keeping tabs on their carers is one thing, but do find it strange how some Charlton seem to keep a flame going for virtually every player that leaves us, constantly looking for reasons to regret the decision to let them go. 
  • Options
    This message board is painful at times!
  • Options
    Large Van Addick 
  • Options
    I'm not an Albie fan, but that was clearly an assist.
    As he was falling he passed the ball to the scorer.
  • Options
    Didn't he also set up the Burton goal?
  • Options
    Didn't he also set up the Burton goal?
    Burton didn't score.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I wonder. He's 23 years old and he's played 93 L1 games and 23 Championship games. He's just been picked up by a team relegated from the Championship who will be looking to go back up, started in their first team and got an assist in his first game. I'm not sure that's the profile of a player destined for L2 but I guess we'll see
    You might be right, but then again Bonne might have had a similar analysis a few years ago. At the end of the day, the only thing that counts is whether they produce on the pitch and can do it consistently. In that regard, Morgan still has a lot to prove.
    We signed Bonne when he was 23. He'd played 57 L1 games, scoring 6 goals, 18 in L2 with 1 goal and then found his rhythm in the National League. He perked up from there before dropping down again, but I'd say at that stage in their careers Albie's pedigree looks better. He might crash out at Blackpool and end up dropping down the leagues but I reckon he's got more about him than Bonne. Certainly seems to be less of a cretin off the pitch anyway.