Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Chunes said:
    He played the entire game today which is definitely better than most people thought he'd be doing when he left us. I include myself in that as i expected him to drop into league 2.
    I hope he proves the majority wrong. Had his limitations but always felt he was a good player. 
    Agreed - he was our best striker of the ball when he was with us, unfortunately does not have a footballing brain. Hence will likely play out his career in L1 and L2.
    I wonder. He's 23 years old and he's played 93 L1 games and 23 Championship games. He's just been picked up by a team relegated from the Championship who will be looking to go back up, started in their first team and got an assist in his first game. I'm not sure that's the profile of a player destined for L2 but I guess we'll see
    You might be right, but then again Bonne might have had a similar analysis a few years ago. At the end of the day, the only thing that counts is whether they produce on the pitch and can do it consistently. In that regard, Morgan still has a lot to prove.
    We signed Bonne when he was 23. He'd played 57 L1 games, scoring 6 goals, 18 in L2 with 1 goal and then found his rhythm in the National League. He perked up from there before dropping down again, but I'd say at that stage in their careers Albie's pedigree looks better. He might crash out at Blackpool and end up dropping down the leagues but I reckon he's got more about him than Bonne. Certainly seems to be less of a cretin off the pitch anyway.
    I meant the point in Bonne's career where he'd played 33 Championship games and scored 13 goals. But the larger point was how looking at a footballer's CV is a very limited way of predicting their future. (Wales' most-capped player was pretty awful for us!) Ultimately it comes down to their ability, attitude and whether they can consistently produce the goods on the pitch. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    He played the entire game today which is definitely better than most people thought he'd be doing when he left us. I include myself in that as i expected him to drop into league 2.
    I hope he proves the majority wrong. Had his limitations but always felt he was a good player. 
    Agreed - he was our best striker of the ball when he was with us, unfortunately does not have a footballing brain. Hence will likely play out his career in L1 and L2.
    I wonder. He's 23 years old and he's played 93 L1 games and 23 Championship games. He's just been picked up by a team relegated from the Championship who will be looking to go back up, started in their first team and got an assist in his first game. I'm not sure that's the profile of a player destined for L2 but I guess we'll see
    You might be right, but then again Bonne might have had a similar analysis a few years ago. At the end of the day, the only thing that counts is whether they produce on the pitch and can do it consistently. In that regard, Morgan still has a lot to prove.
    We signed Bonne when he was 23. He'd played 57 L1 games, scoring 6 goals, 18 in L2 with 1 goal and then found his rhythm in the National League. He perked up from there before dropping down again, but I'd say at that stage in their careers Albie's pedigree looks better. He might crash out at Blackpool and end up dropping down the leagues but I reckon he's got more about him than Bonne. Certainly seems to be less of a cretin off the pitch anyway.
    I meant the point in Bonne's career where he'd played 33 Championship games and scored 13 goals. But the larger point was how looking at a footballer's CV is a very limited way of predicting their future. (Wales' most-capped player was pretty awful for us!) Ultimately it comes down to their ability, attitude and whether they can consistently produce the goods on the pitch. 
    Well that's kind of the Morgan enigma in a nutshell because he has the ability but very poor consistency. 

I don't know if that's an attitude issue or what but I would imagine most managers would prefer a player who is consistently a 7/10 type over one who could be either 9 or a 3 with very little in between and no way of knowing which one is going to turn up.

To be fair you could probably say the same of Fraser but I think he brings more in general unless getting Pratleyed out of the game.
  • Options
    Don’t get the negativity of some good luck Alfie hope he does well 
    I wish him luck too, but moving him on was the correct decision if you’re trying to build a promotion winning side. I think we’ve probably replaced him with better. 
  • Options
    It would be funny if Albie is part of a promotion-winning side at Blackpool.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I will laugh so much if this is the outcome.  Not to be spiteful - because hopefully we get promoted at the same time. 
  • Options
    Ends up with the most assists in League One? :D
  • Options
    Especially if they are second to us.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Especially if they are second to us.
    Exactly what happened with Semedo. We made the correct choice in moving on, but some wrote him off by saying he couldn't be part of a promotion winning team. He showed he was capable but the balance of the team has to be right, as well as the quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starts for Blackpool against Bromley
  • Options
    Odds on Deji kicking him up in the air at some point?
  • Options
    Shit as per 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Perhaps it's finally clicked. Or it could be just another one of his false dawns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All sounds very familiar to when he was with us. 

Gets in the starting XI, fades away, comes back and starts to put in some good sub appearances. Gets into the starting XI.

Rinse and repeat. 
  • Options
    See he came on as a sub yesterday and put the cherry on top of Blackpool’s 4-0 win at Fratton Park.

You can take the boy out of Charlton…
  • Options
    He scored a cracking 4th goal today for Blackpool. His best goal that I can recall. 
    He's never looked slimmer as well. 
    Credit where it's due. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He scored a cracking 4th goal today for Blackpool. His best goal that I can recall. 
    Credit where it's due. 
    9 starts and 7 sub apps in the league for Blackpool, will be interesting to see if he can become a regular starter. Glad it wasn’t us who gave him a 3 year deal.
    Agree.

But instead we gave Terry Taylor a 3 year deal. Which hasn't exactly looked like the signing of the century so far, but there's still time.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    Credit where it's due. 
    9 starts and 7 sub apps in the league for Blackpool, will be interesting to see if he can become a regular starter. Glad it wasn’t us who gave him a 3 year deal.
    Agree.

But instead we gave Terry Taylor a 3 year deal. Which hasn't exactly looked like the signing of the century so far, but there's still time.
    Indeed .  Louie Watson is a better player than Albie but I’m not sure Taylor and McGrandles are .  I’m not saying he should have stayed - all parties needed a fresh start . 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Albie moving on was right for him and the club. I hope he finds success at Blackpool!

Fine words MB.
    He needed to move on and I agree it was right both for Cafc and Albie.

Two seasons ago no one wanted him even on loan. Now he has got a move to a league 1 club that is higher in the league than Cafc at present.
    No I don't conflate the above and I truly believe it's a coincidence !

He may be a sub more times than not but he is in the 18 every week and does he ever miss a game though injury ?

If our midfielders can ever get and stay fit we should have better options. But that has been the case for 3 years with a myriad of Smith's etc ! 

The piss was taken when he had an assist for our goal at the Valley when a seasider so to balance out he came on and scored off the bench and Pompey definitely had a bad day at the office.

Life's a beach.