Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Comments

• Options
    United fans fuming because the owners are said to be unlikely to spend over 200 million.
  • Options
    Jose managed to get a similar United team to finish 2nd.
    Looking like he performed miracles now
  • Options
    Absolutely amazes me how a club can spend so much money and yet still have Jones and Smalling in defence.
    Brought Fred when they absolutely didn’t need to. Could’ve had a very decent CB for that price.

Even someone like Maguire who isn’t world class, but still very Solid, would improve them.
  • Options
    Come on Cardiff. 
    I need something football wise to put a smile on my face this weekend .
    Beat the bin dippers .
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Absolutely amazes me how a club can spend so much money and yet still have Jones and Smalling in defence.
    Brought Fred when they absolutely didn’t need to. Could’ve had a very decent CB for that price.

Even someone like Maguire who isn’t world class, but still very Solid, would improve them.
    Weren't they linked with Maguire after the world cup but Leicester quoted something stupid like 80m?
  • Options
    Serious question. Multiple international Phil Jones or the Nabster?
  • Options
    United fans fuming because the owners are said to be unlikely to spend over 200 million.
    Thing is, that will only get them 4 quality players. They need more than that to catch up with City or Liverpool. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I reckon Alderweirweld will join them in the summer. 
  • Options
    They need an overhaul like we had with Powell.  So many players not up to it.

Would cost a ton at that level though.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

I reckon Alderweirweld will join them in the summer. 
    Think he could do better!  If not it's a no brainer at £25m when they need to spend in so many other areas too.
  • Options
    Warnock is a heart attack waiting to happen .
    Calm yourself down mate. 
  • Options

Thing is Bailly, Linderlof, Dalot, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Lukaku all cost a fortune. It’s ok having the overhaul but you got to spend it correctly. For me they have some superstars, but they lack the solid reliable grafters that every team needs. They don’t work hard enough. 
  • Options
    Cardiff keeper keeps punching everything it's as if he has an aversion to catching the ball.
    He reminds me of someone I would rather forget .
  • Options
    Cardiff keeper keeps punching everything it's as if he has an aversion to catching the ball.
    He reminds me of someone I would rather forget .
    Looks like a guy who played in goal for us for a bit as well. What a coincidence.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see TAA playing for England regularly.
  • Options
    Bollox 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Gonna be a battle for that spot between him and Wan Bissaka
  • Options
    Dont see Man City struggling against Utd on Wednesday based on their performance today though
  • Options
    Dont see Man City struggling against Utd on Wednesday based on their performance today though
    Hopefully you are correct 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soft penalty, but no way back for Cardiff now.
  • Options
    Definite penalty for me, ridiculous to put your arms all over a player like that.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Definite penalty for me, ridiculous to put your arms all over a player like that.
    Just needs to be given more often

Frustration with that sort of penalty is the majority get ignored
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Gonna be a battle for that spot between him and Wan Bissaka
    Bissaka best RB in Prem. Best LB is Digne, ignoring his goal;  Rose is OK for us but I'd go Sessignon. How we still play Henderson, when he isn't a regular starter for Pool is beyond me. Rice is a shoe in. Grant will debut within two years. Gray should be in squad. Gomez, Stones sorted.
  • Options
    Only Zaha (6) has won more Premier League penalties this season than Salah (5)
  • Options
    Definite penalty. Don’t know what Gary Neville is talking about. It should have been given before Salah through himself to the ground. The rules are clear. It is not up to the referee to judge what pressure, if any, the arms are applying to the opponent. 
  • Options
    Tottenham-Lost
    Man Utd-Lost
    Arsenal-Lost

If Chelsea win tomorrow it will be a great weekend for them
  • Options
    Everton flip flop more than your average Charlton fan
  • Options

Thing is Bailly, Linderlof, Dalot, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Lukaku all cost a fortune. It’s ok having the overhaul but you got to spend it correctly. For me they have some superstars, but they lack the solid reliable grafters that every team needs. They don’t work hard enough. 
    Very true.  They've spent just do badly.  Though I think Dalot will be a decent signing, he's still young.