Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

22/8/18: CARD CALLS FLEETWOOD PROTEST IN SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLTON STAFF

Comments

• Options
    Surprised to hear fans being anti the protest in the Notth Upper. I don’t think there is a “bigger picture” view being taken by many season ticket holders. Disappointing.
  • Options
    IanBSE9 said:

he will only sell when it suits him. Thought 2day was another embarrassment. When the debt gets too much he will sell the ground.

He can't without the agreement of the former directors
  • Options
    Just watched this clip.

Am I getting paranoid or is the photographer who is inside the stand taking pictures of the people who are throwing the crisps?
  • Options
    Carter said:

A lot of people who are getting hormonal about the protests are not seeing the bugger picture. "I want to watch the team" "I support the team"

We are not far off not having a fucking team to support. I was gagging to go and buy a ticket today especially after driving up for the pre game protest and to watch @AFKABartram squirrel away a shitload of crisps that I'm still waiting on confirmation he threw onto the pitch and didn't taste test himself.

CARD did very well to get SOMETHING happening at such short notice and the clusterfuck of not having a chairman or CEO present meant it was always going to be hard to really get fired up before hand. Which was a huge shame as I've got some props I'm itching to use

Sell up you nasty bastard

Think you might have been stood with @AFKABartram mate when I was chatting to him during the protest....if you mentioned your "props" :-)

• Options
    I was in two minds today as to weather I should or not go to the protest pre match.
    Fanny put me in my place and convinced me to go.
    I must admit I was disappointed at the turnout as it does appear to be diminishing.
    I spoke to a well known poster on another forum and he wants Roland gone as much as I do.
    Let's hope it happens soon and we can all come out of this shitfest stronger and on the same side.
  • Options

Carter said:

A lot of people who are getting hormonal about the protests are not seeing the bugger picture. "I want to watch the team" "I support the team"

We are not far off not having a fucking team to support. I was gagging to go and buy a ticket today especially after driving up for the pre game protest and to watch @AFKABartram squirrel away a shitload of crisps that I'm still waiting on confirmation he threw onto the pitch and didn't taste test himself.

CARD did very well to get SOMETHING happening at such short notice and the clusterfuck of not having a chairman or CEO present meant it was always going to be hard to really get fired up before hand. Which was a huge shame as I've got some props I'm itching to use

Think you might have been stood with @AFKABartram mate when I was chatting to him during the protest....if you mentioned your "props" :-)

Ah man, if I knew you were you I'd have made myself properly known. Smudge often has people from the site come and say hi when he's listening to my nonsense. Good to kind of meet you. That prop will make an appearance, no way was I going to indignify Mick today by lobbing it. Next time Keohane is at the ground I'll make it my business to clout him with it
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

Ah man, if I knew you were you I'd have made myself properly known. Smudge often has people from the site come and say hi when he's listening to my nonsense. Good to kind of meet you. That prop will make an appearance, no way was I going to indignify Mick today by lobbing it. Next time Keohane is at the ground I'll make it my business to clout him with it

Ha ha I look forward to seeing it! Yeah I thought it might have been you...I vaguely recall meeting you at Millwall away many years ago (I think with the handbags and the flares maybe) when I was with Nolly and he was chatting to you in the stand.

Will keep an eye out and introduce myself next time mate.

• Options

Carter said:

Carter said:

Ha ha I look forward to seeing it! Yeah I thought it might have been you...I vaguely recall meeting you at Millwall away many years ago (I think with the handbags and the flares maybe) when I was with Nolly and he was chatting to you in the stand.

Will keep an eye out and introduce myself next time mate.

Yes, I knew I'd seen you before. Good to meet you again mate. That was a eventful day in my least favourite bit of London, nil nil celebrated like a win, bit hairy afterwards and me and one of our lot got collared by a train ticket man on the way home.

Give Nolly my best if you see him, got a lot of time for him
  • Options
    You too mate. Will do, he is a top man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

IanBSE9 said:

he will only sell when it suits him. Thought 2day was another embarrassment. When the debt gets too much he will sell the ground.

What did you do that made you feel you'd embarrassed yourself?
    Bore off
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited August 2018
    Were the mascots on strike today? Also saw on twitter that the club may have reneged on a gift for kids with season tickets. Not sure if that’s true or not.
  • Options
    I came. I gave out crisps. I attended the West Stand shouting. I didn't go in to the ground (boycott etc).
    Don't think I'll bother anymore. Lifeless protest. No one seems to give a fuck.
    I'll find my football fix somewhere else I think until he goes.
  • Options

IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

Bore off
    Been a member since 2012

Hasnt made a comment since 2017

And yet u have decided to call today an embarrasment.

What have you done for the cause

You happy to see the club slip into oblivion.

If not then stand up and be fucking counted instead of bitching about people who are trying
    Was today a success then?

Course I’m not happy at the state of the club but what did today achieve?

He will only sell the club when it suits him unfortunately and my fear is it once there is nothing left to sell then it will be the ground to get his money back.
  • Options

IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

Bore off
    Been a member since 2012

If not then stand up and be fucking counted instead of bitching about people who are trying

He will only sell the club when it suits him unfortunately and my fear is it once there is nothing left to sell then it will be the ground to get his money back.
    What did today achieve.

Exactly what it was supposed to stories on
    BBC
    Sky Sports
    The Sun
    Plus others
    Tweets from famous people including linekar
    Trending on twitter

We have had more media coverage today then at any other point in Roland Reign

We achieved what we set out to
    Well said sir, a highlight on this thread

I want to like this, but wanted to lol because of the highlight joke.

So conflicted like or lol.

What would you prefer @Bigbadbozman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

Were the mascots on strike today? Also saw on twitter that the club may have reneged on a gift for kids with season tickets. Not sure if that’s true or not.

Not true, my Grandson was given a Charlton football
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Mini footballs. Which they have run out of.

They were meant to get goodie bags but these ‘have not materialised’
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Essex Al, what is your view of RD now ?
    I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but am under the impression that you are/were broadly supportive ?
    If I'm wrong then I apologise in advance.
  • Options

IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

Bore off
    Been a member since 2012

What did today achieve.

Exactly what it was supposed to stories on
    BBC
    Sky Sports
    The Sun
    Plus others
    Tweets from famous people including linekar
    Trending on twitter

We have had more media coverage today then at any other point in Roland Reign

We achieved what we set out to
    Well said sir, a highlight on this thread
    I want to like this, but wanted to lol because of the highlight joke.

So conflicted like or lol.

What would you prefer @Bigbadbozman

I would prefer Roland to fuck right off but a like or a lol will be fine for the time being
  • Options
    IanBSE9 said:

What did you do Ian? Sit on your arse and criticise others ?
  • Options
    The kids got a small football, suitable for 5 years and under I would say.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Surprised to hear fans being anti the protest in the Notth Upper. I don’t think there is a “bigger picture” view being taken by many season ticket holders. Disappointing.

No one was anti protest in north upper