Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

22/8/18: CARD CALLS FLEETWOOD PROTEST IN SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLTON STAFF

Comments

• Options

I think the problem is some people think that it'll be one single act or protest that will garner our collective wish for him to sell up. Realistically that's not how it is going to happen. The pressure is being applied via the media coverage and that doesn't necessarily require the numbers of a few years ago, it's about using our imagination like we have done today. today's events have gotten as much media coverage as the pigs protest of the other year which had far more people involved.

How many did it take to do the companies house thing to Miere? Look at the brill work the Belgium 20 have done. They didn't need 4 thousand people shouting at a window but got just as much coverage and embarrassment to the regime.

What CARD and we as protesters need to take from today moving forwards is to forget about big set piece events and realize it ain't necessarily about overwhelming numbers, it's about using imaginative and creative ideas to get the biggest media response.

It'll be death by a thousand cuts not one single blow that will take this fucker down.

Agreed. I hope you rotters aren't still booking into Hotel Stayen. That would be offside :smile:
  • Options
    iainment said:

Well that was a bit of a let down.
    Gave out crisps, attended the rally in the car park and now on my way to join up with the amimal rights march in town.
    I think I already know which'll be more passionate.

So I get a lol for this.
    I gave my free time. I don't attend games because I want Duchatelet gone asp.
    But if it's laughable I'm done.
    I'll watch from the margins but won't be involved anymore.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Gave out crisps, attended the rally in the car park and now on my way to join up with the amimal rights march in town.

So I get a lol for this.
    Deary me. Common sense would suggest someone gave you a lol for joining the animal rights protest & not helping in the Charlton protest. (Nothing to do with me by the way).

Was it you with the big sack of crisps in Harvey Gardens ?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

As said above there is no knockout punch we can only keep jabbing away at home and in Belgium and just hope that he has had enough of his 1.5% interest to sell.

With pressure from The EFL, and the mainstream media interested again, every bad move RD makes needs to be relayed back to him in the media until he's fed up and sells.

If we can make it so his 1.5% time investment turns into 40 or 50% of his time fielding media enquiries from sky, bbc Jim white... Whoever... he will soon get tired of it.

Edit: what is the only thing a billionaire has in limited amount? Time.
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

So I get a lol for this.
    Deary me. Common sense would suggest someone gave you a lol for joining the animal rights protest & not helping in the Charlton protest. (Nothing to do with me by the way).

I was by the underpass on Ransom Walk.
    I did help the Charlton protest but not in the ground. If that's laughable so be it. Not anymore.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Surprised to hear fans being anti the protest in the Notth Upper. I don’t think there is a “bigger picture” view being taken by many season ticket holders. Disappointing.

Would like you to expand on this......who,what and when?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

A lot of people who are getting hormonal about the protests are not seeing the bugger picture. "I want to watch the team" "I support the team"

We are not far off not having a fucking team to support. I was gagging to go and buy a ticket today especially after driving up for the pre game protest and to watch @AFKABartram squirrel away a shitload of crisps that I'm still waiting on confirmation he threw onto the pitch and didn't taste test himself.

CARD did very well to get SOMETHING happening at such short notice and the clusterfuck of not having a chairman or CEO present meant it was always going to be hard to really get fired up before hand. Which was a huge shame as I've got some props I'm itching to use

Sell up you nasty bastard

To me it seems like the fanbase is mostly split between "protests are 'embarrassing', not in my name" and "you know what, I don't really give a fuck any more".

Obviously they aren't completely defined groups, but in terms of the majority on either side, that is where I think it stands.

That would explain the less than ideal numbers at the protest and the less than ideal reception to protest IMO. A large percentage want nothing to do with the protests, a large percentage have given up, leaving a small percentage outside the west stand.

If the people who were at the forefront, when we were in the Championship, have given up and fucked it off, then what can be expected? That's not a criticism of those people by the way, fully justified.

It is a shame really though, I feel like we used to be fighting for something. Now I think that so much damage has been done that so many people have been lost to apathy. Will these people ever return? I'm not sure.

As an aside, I've never understood the "embarrassing" part. Are you actually embarrassed? Seems a strange use of the word.
  • Options

The kids got a small football, suitable for 5 years and under I would say.
    I paid for 2 u-11 season tickets in family stand (£60) but we leave so much litter and the wife threatened me with Saturday afternoon activities and haven’t received anything but I did manage to some how hold out till the Thursday before first home game and unbelievably the same seats were available.
    Huge numbers down there must have seen all the freebies gone .
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

So I get a lol for this.

I was by the underpass on Ransom Walk.
    I did help the Charlton protest but not in the ground. If that's laughable so be it. Not anymore.
    Dry your eyes.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Nug said:

Were the mascots on strike today? Also saw on twitter that the club may have reneged on a gift for kids with season tickets. Not sure if that’s true or not.

Saw a tweet from the club during the week saying mascot places were still available, another sign of the club's decline.

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Were the mascots on strike today? Also saw on twitter that the club may have reneged on a gift for kids with season tickets. Not sure if that’s true or not.

Not true, my Grandson was given a Charlton football
    Essex Al, what is your view of RD now ?
    I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but am under the impression that you are/were broadly supportive ?
    If I'm wrong then I apologise in advance.
    He does not have a view on Duchatelet, he just "goes to support the team".
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but am under the impression that you are/were broadly supportive ?
    Extraordinary attitude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

But he sure has a view on the protests.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

CHG said:

Surprised to hear fans being anti the protest in the Notth Upper. I don’t think there is a “bigger picture” view being taken by many season ticket holders. Disappointing.

No one was anti protest in north upper
    Unfortunately not true.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited August 2018

CHG said:

Would like you to expand on this......who,what and when?
    I wasn’t talking mass numbers, chanting, just what I heard...

Father and son combo behind me were saying how “pathetic” the protests are and will not work. The bigger view picture seemed to pass them by. Didn’t think there would be anyone else left who just wants this all to end any way possible.
  • Options
    CHG said:

J BLOCK said:

CHG said:

No one was anti protest in north upper
    Unfortunately not true.
    Source?
  • Options

The fact is the club's support, those willing to attend home games, has been seriously eroded by Roland Duchatelet's ownership. Approx 6,500 in attendance yesterday for another drab match. Many of those who came to protest went home without going in. This is what we have come to. No surprise really that there weren't 2,500 in the car park. Several hundred others, like me, are away on holiday or the numbers would have been better. The fact is the PR worked brilliantly. Duchatelet is on the back foot and now has to deal with the EFL and a threat of further action from his staff. I firmly believe the next big thing will be the very obvious effect of running a skeleton squad - more disappointing performances and results. The monthly losses must be hurting him and only he can do something about it. Time isn't on his side.

100%
  • Options

The kids got a small football, suitable for 5 years and under I would say.
    Which as I said, they have run out of. So not all kids got
  • Options
    IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

IanBSE9 said:

he will only sell when it suits him. Thought 2day was another embarrassment. When the debt gets too much he will sell the ground.

What did you do that made you feel you'd embarrassed yourself?
    Bore off
    Been a member since 2012

Hasnt made a comment since 2017

And yet u have decided to call today an embarrasment.

What have you done for the cause

You happy to see the club slip into oblivion.

If not then stand up and be fucking counted instead of bitching about people who are trying
    Was today a success then?

Course I’m not happy at the state of the club but what did today achieve?

He will only sell the club when it suits him unfortunately and my fear is it once there is nothing left to sell then it will be the ground to get his money back.
    It was a resounding success in the terms of media coverage it generated. You do understand that was the point of it don't you?