Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

22/8/18: CARD CALLS FLEETWOOD PROTEST IN SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLTON STAFF

Comments

• edited August 2018
    I make yesterday Round 8.

And we're well up on points.

Never going to have a knock out blow without breaking Queensberry rules.

Couldn't make yesterday as I'm currently radioactive and not good news for children or pregnant women!
  • You have all heard the phrase "Devide and Conquer" this is exactly what Duchatelet is doing, by keeping quite and telling us nothing about the supposed take over { is there really one} we start arguing amongst ourselves. In my opinion he is playing with us as he knows he has the upper hand , and with the league officials allowing him to do as he wishes and the betting companies Sky, and BT pouring money into the pot and dictating when and where games will be played with no thought to the fans.{Has anyone ever seen where all this money goes?} until matches are affected by ether not being completed or not being allowed to start, again in my opinion the League will do nothing.
    With all who run football in this country the supporter comes last.
    I also think for what its worth the manager is doing a brilliant job under the circumstances.
  • Leggie said:

You have all heard the phrase "Devide and Conquer" this is exactly what Duchatelet is doing, by keeping quite and telling us nothing about the supposed take over { is there really one} we start arguing amongst ourselves. In my opinion he is playing with us as he knows he has the upper hand , and with the league officials allowing him to do as he wishes and the betting companies Sky, and BT pouring money into the pot and dictating when and where games will be played with no thought to the fans.{Has anyone ever seen where all this money goes?} until matches are affected by ether not being completed or not being allowed to start, again in my opinion the League will do nothing.
    With all who run football in this country the supporter comes last.
    I also think for what its worth the manager is doing a brilliant job under the circumstances.

Re your final comment.

Bowyer will get a lot of slack because of what he did last season, coupled with his background.

To quote an old poster on here, "let's see where we are in December".
  • Sponsored links:

• I am a member of the Charlton Athletic Unofficial and Uncensored Facebook Group and I cannot believe the idiotic comments made by people who just cannot see the bigger picture and who cannot wait to criticise anything done by CARD et al. I was tempted to make my first post on there, but some of them are so stupid it just isn't worth wasting words on them.

I am in awe of the imaginative protest campaigns by CARD, B20, ROT, WAR and others. I feel ashamed that I have contributed very little in the last 4 years and couldn't go yesterday due to a family get together arranged some time ago, but thank all those who have given up their time and spent their own money to get rid of Duchatelet.

The publicity gained is priceless and each action will hopefully chip away at this odious regime which has brought a great club to its knees. Over the years we had season tickets and used the club's hospitality, we met some wonderful staff, who always seemed to go the extra mile to look after us. The current treatment is totally inexcusable and they certainly do not deserve the way Duchatelet is acting. For senior managers to leave more junior staff to run the club yesterday is unbelievable.

Hopefully the end of this regime is getting just that bit nearer due to the actions of some wonderful fans.

Abso 100% this...
  • I wasn't there yesterday so could someone say if they had increased the security etc?
    If they did, surely the outcome is even better as RD paid out extra money for something that didn't happen as they were expecting. Now, if that happened a couple more times, one day, they wouldn't bother and that's the time to strike.
  • Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Were the mascots on strike today? Also saw on twitter that the club may have reneged on a gift for kids with season tickets. Not sure if that’s true or not.

Not true, my Grandson was given a Charlton football
    Mini footballs. Which they have run out of.

They were meant to get goodie bags but these ‘have not materialised’
    Not sure what time they had run out for you, but we collected his at 2.15 and they had just come down with a very large box full of them.

The letter states a gift not a goody bag.
  • Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Were the mascots on strike today? Also saw on twitter that the club may have reneged on a gift for kids with season tickets. Not sure if that’s true or not.

Essex Al, what is your view of RD now ?
    I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but am under the impression that you are/were broadly supportive ?
    If I'm wrong then I apologise in advance.
    He does not have a view on Duchatelet, he just "goes to support the team".

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

I'm not trying to provoke an argument, but am under the impression that you are/were broadly supportive ?
    But he sure has a view on the protests.

My view of RD is that he should have sold the club by now even if he has to drop the price, the club is suffering from lack of investment and cut backs whilst he seeks a buyer.

In saying that, I do have a fear of who we may be sold to and the Australian consortium fills me with dread! I still read every post on the takeover thread though!

Elfs is correct, nothing will stop me supporting the team although prostate cancer surgery made me miss the first game of the season grrrr!

As I have often said, owners come and go, good and bad, but the team is the only consideration for me. People protesting and calling for boycotts will never change my mind and I would imagine it wouldn't change the minds of the hard core 5,000 or so that are left.

I was amazed yesterday at the amount of people voicing their disproval of the protest, sadly the fan base is split with arguments and worse are breaking out.

I realise that people worked hard, gave up their time, and are passionate to get RD out, but quite frankly, I found yesterday's protest an embarrassment. The rest of the football world must have laughed at us trying to throw a few packets of crisps on the pitch!

I realise my views don't fit the agenda of the majority on here, but Covered End asked for them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

My view of RD is that he should have sold the club by now even if he has to drop the price, the club is suffering from lack of investment and cut backs whilst he seeks a buyer.

In saying that, I do have a fear of who we may be sold to and the Australian consortium fills me with dread! I still read every post on the takeover thread though!

Elfs is correct, nothing will stop me supporting the team although prostate cancer surgery made me miss the first game of the season grrrr!

As I have often said, owners come and go, good and bad, but the team is the only consideration for me. People protesting and calling for boycotts will never change my mind and I would imagine it wouldn't change the minds of the hard core 5,000 or so that are left.

I was amazed yesterday at the amount of people voicing their disproval of the protest, sadly the fan base is split with arguments and worse are breaking out.

I realise that people worked hard, gave up their time, and are passionate to get RD out, but quite frankly, I found yesterday's protest an embarrassment. The rest of the football world must have laughed at us trying to throw a few packets of crisps on the pitch!

I realise my views don't fit the agenda of the majority on here, but Covered End asked for them!
    Slowly slowly catchee monkey

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Essex_Al said:

Nug said:

Hope you are feeling better after your surgery, and you are watching Charlton for many years to come