Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

22/8/18: CARD CALLS FLEETWOOD PROTEST IN SOLIDARITY WITH CHARLTON STAFF

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that some of our fans found than "crisp protest" embarrassing.
    I was asked by 3 gills season ticket holders what it was all about, I explained the background the response was....... "ah very clever"
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Well that was a bit of a let down.
    Gave out crisps, attended the rally in the car park and now on my way to join up with the amimal rights march in town.
    I think I already know which'll be more passionate.

So I get a lol for this.
    I gave my free time. I don't attend games because I want Duchatelet gone asp.
    But if it's laughable I'm done.
    I'll watch from the margins but won't be involved anymore.
    Mate, don't beat yourself up about it too much! I got 6 Flags once for saying that I thought NFL was pony!! :blush:
  • Options

I find what RD has done to our club an embarrassment, he has made us a laughing stock. If we all just support the team and do nothing then we keep him forever (though it feels like we already have). I wish Essex Al well with his cancer battle, but having had my own, feel I'm entitled to say it doesn't excuse such a stupid comment. The crisp throwing got us far more publicity for our cause than just sitting in our seats ever has. Something to be proud of, not embarrassed by.

Hants., firstly thanks for your well wishes, much appreciated.

I'm not going to get into anything drawn out as I know on here it would be a losing battle. I'll certainly concede that there was wide coverage for the protest and if that was your goal then for yourself, CARD and Mr. Everitt it was a success.

However, the embarrassing part for me is how the bandwagon was jumped on in this case. Let's strip in down, the so called reason for the protest was solidarity with the staff and that they had to ask HR if they could eat a packet of crisps at their desk, not sure we have ever heard the end result?

This happens in the real world all the time, try working for a local authority as I do, you wouldn't believe what is allowed and what isn't, plus most of the dedicated staff give many hours of unpaid time!

Before I get jumped on, I do agree that RD should have paid the bonuses. If they were in the staff's contract, then he hasn't got a leg to stand on, if it was a verbal agreement, personally I think he should have paid what was owed on the 31st July accompanied with a letter stating that due to the cutbacks, this agreement would be withdrawn. It would then be up to staff to decide whether to move on or not.

My post was an answer to Covered End, I don't post my views on here anymore as it is pointless. If you felt yesterday was a success then so be it, I have given my view as to why I felt it embarrassing.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

SE7toSG3 said:

Good luck with you battle with prostate cancer @Essex_Al thats an awful thing to go through, I couldnt imagine how strong
    you and your family have to be.

Despite the disagreements among supporters I dont believe any want Roland In, we can all see how the club is suffering under his drawn out tenure here.

It comes down to doing something rather than nothing for many of us who protest and thats not digging out those that dont.

I was involved yesterday and given that we had 72 hours notice/planning the media coverage (a huge huge reason to do it) was the envy of many. With gates the size we get its difficult to expect too much more sadly.

With regards to the rest of the football world
    being embarrassed for us/on our behalf, I believe your just wrong, entitled an opinion that differs from many, but just wrong.

Direct messages from Newcastle, Millwall, Blackpool and Coventry supporters groups back that up.

With protests at home and RoT overseas the pressure on Duchatalet continues, of the 5,000 'hardcore' yesterday the Roland Out chants showed that we have reason to carry on. As soon as I hear a Roland In song I and many more would probably give up.

Up the Addicks and lets hope we can all focus purely on on-field matters.

Thanks for posting that, @SE7toSG3 .

Standing up for what I believe is the right, nay one of the ONLY ways to rid our beloved club of this wrong 'un, has caused me some grief today ( see my post on the "Crisps" thread)

I was shaken, albeit not stirred, by some comments on Facebook, but will continue to step up to the plate when asked to do so until the light, currently flickering spasmodically at the end of the tunnel, shines strongly in our faces.

To do otherwise is not an option.
    I was tempted to comment as well @Fanny Fanackapan but decided against it as some of those people you were trying to 'talk' to were incapable of seeing the bigger picture. I had to stop reading their inane comments as they they made me so angry. I get the impression that some of them are not very intelligent and don't want to understand what CARD is all about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018

Essex_Al said:

I find what RD has done to our club an embarrassment, he has made us a laughing stock. If we all just support the team and do nothing then we keep him forever (though it feels like we already have). I wish Essex Al well with his cancer battle, but having had my own, feel I'm entitled to say it doesn't excuse such a stupid comment. The crisp throwing got us far more publicity for our cause than just sitting in our seats ever has. Something to be proud of, not embarrassed by.

Hants., firstly thanks for your well wishes, much appreciated.

I'm not going to get into anything drawn out as I know on here it would be a losing battle. I'll certainly concede that there was wide coverage for the protest and if that was your goal then for yourself, CARD and Mr. Everitt it was a success.

However, the embarrassing part for me is how the bandwagon was jumped on in this case. Let's strip in down, the so called reason for the protest was solidarity with the staff and that they had to ask HR if they could eat a packet of crisps at their desk, not sure we have ever heard the end result?

This happens in the real world all the time, try working for a local authority as I do, you wouldn't believe what is allowed and what isn't, plus most of the dedicated staff give many hours of unpaid time!

Before I get jumped on, I do agree that RD should have paid the bonuses. If they were in the staff's contract, then he hasn't got a leg to stand on, if it was a verbal agreement, personally I think he should have paid what was owed on the 31st July accompanied with a letter stating that due to the cutbacks, this agreement would be withdrawn. It would then be up to staff to decide whether to move on or not.

My post was an answer to Covered End, I don't post my views on here anymore as it is pointless. If you felt yesterday was a success then so be it, I have given my view as to why I felt it embarrassing.
    Thanks for replying and I hope no one digs you out for doing so.

Strangely, it seems to me that you pretty much agree with the protesters and most reasonable peoples point of view.
    The main difference is simply some think we should make a stand against what he is doing and you and others don't and should just accept it.

It's pretty much as simple as that.

Is it? Or is it more about people wanting the protest money (which they’ve contributed towards) to go on something more meaningful and a lot less flippant than throwing crisps onto the pitch?

I fully respect every protest there is, mainly because I appreciate that some people cannot simply do nothing except wait for him to go. However, you can’t blame other fans for shaking their heads at things that (with good intentions) will achieve nothing except a few newspaper articles and journalists’ tweets, especially given that even that EFL itself has all but admitted they won’t be doing anything. Let’s just all be a bit more realistic.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    How can people criticise and not bother to offer an alternative?

"Oi, do more"
    "Do what?"
    "I don't know"

All we can do is highlight our situation nationally. If criticism and Millwall behaviour is the answer for some, maybe they should actually do something themselves?
  • Options

Yesterday’s demo was in the end very very successful in achieving its intended goals......PUBLICITY........PUBLICITY.......PUBLICITY..........and by the bucket full.
    For those idiots who are numbers freaks and still don’t get it.
    It’s not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.......never a truer word spoken.

Precisely Mr £, it would not have mattered if there were another 1,000 there, the publcity raised this week by the fantastic efforts by all concerned should not be mocked, it should be applauded.

Quite frankly, the people that are still anti CARD and refuse to criticise Duchetelet deserve us to be relegated and folded up by Duchetelet.

They have not got a clue and cannot/refuse to see the bigger picture.

"I only go to see the football on a Saturday and not interested in what goes on off it" is a feeble retort to all the s*** that we are witnessing.
    You got some front
  • Options
    The number of column inches of reporting, versus the cost of a few packets of crisps must be staggeringly efficient. Well done to the "brains" behind this.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Interesting that some of our fans found than "crisp protest" embarrassing.
    I was asked by 3 gills season ticket holders what it was all about, I explained the background the response was....... "ah very clever"

‘3 gills season ticket holders thought it was very clever’ - you should have stuck QED at the end of your post and ended the debate right there with that endorsement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

Well that was a bit of a let down.
    Gave out crisps, attended the rally in the car park and now on my way to join up with the amimal rights march in town.
    I think I already know which'll be more passionate.

So I get a lol for this.
    I gave my free time. I don't attend games because I want Duchatelet gone asp.
    But if it's laughable I'm done.
    I'll watch from the margins but won't be involved anymore.
    Mate, don't beat yourself up about it too much! I got 6 Flags once for saying that I thought NFL was pony!! :blush:
    All deserved for that sort of comment, here have another
  • Options
    In every cause there are doubters and in every doubt there are reasons, sometimes though, the bigger picture is more important than those reasons.

Given that there will never be a single subject to which we will all agree upon, could we not take the current situation as a Cause Celebe and use it to unite under one banner? Agree with the staff or not, agree with the method of protest or not, the bigger picture is that we need to get rid or RD, unity and solidarity will make that so much easier.

Brothers o the revolution, doest thou worst and think not of the shabby methods our cause brings forth.