Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer out for 2 months

Comments

• Options

Every time we appear to be nearing full strength, this is the type of shit that makes you wonder if Voodoo does exist.

Bielik to do the business for me over Sarr, intelligent and good in the air almost like for like but with less experience.

Is why I'm relieved in a way its happened when Pearce has returned

Be a extreme worry to have both Bauer and Pearce injured
    I think Pearce is the first centre back on the team sheet every week relieved he appears to be back and firing, just hope the cover, whoever Bowyer goes with can step up now.
  • Options

This is where having a small squad really kicks you in the bollox.

We don’t have a small squad anymore. Although I agree it’s a kick in the bollocks.
    We shall have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    We are cursed I tell thee! Beilik is the obvious choice if nothing else than I don't fancy a left footer as the RCB. Having said that Nabby can do a job and it might make Bowyer more inclined to go 3-5-3 more often at the start of games. Not sure that one of the U21 lads in that position excelled at MK Franchise in the Checkout Trophy either :-(
  • Options
    Shit shit shit!
    Didn’t see that one coming.....time to step up Naby my boy.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Harry Lennon can do a job

OH

Lennon's injured, Len.
  • Options

Every time we appear to be nearing full strength, this is the type of shit that makes you wonder if Voodoo does exist.

Bielik to do the business for me over Sarr, intelligent and good in the air almost like for like but with less experience.

Is why I'm relieved in a way its happened when Pearce has returned

Be a extreme worry to have both Bauer and Pearce injured
    And that could happen really easily.

Pearce is playing with a knee injury and he said in an interview in the programme if it goes again, he's been told he's going to need an operation on it.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Not ideal but at least that's a position we have some genuine depth in at the moment.

Couldn't disagree more, always said we were a defender short as it's the weakest position IMO. Ok we are fine with all 3 fit but still felt we were one short. Guess Bielik can cover but far from ideal if he isn't fit.
    I've always felt that too, especially if Bowyer wants to play 3 at the back. Hopefully someone from the U23s can step up, Cummings or Yao?
    I think not. Neither are nowhere near ready.
  • Options
    If Pearce needs an Op we are in deep do do.
  • Options
    Un-fugging-believable. He has been playing on a different level in the last few games.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

OH

Lennon's injured, Len.
    And he plays for Gillingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just saw this on SSN. Shit news. As pp said, just as we seem to be getting everyone fit & a settled side another one goes down. Not concerned about Sarr as I think he's certainly good enough & his "bad moments" are outweighed by his better ones (one of the betters passers in the team). Beliek is a better midfielder imo, but may have to deputise there - although I think we could go 5 at the back with this news.

My main concern is if Pearce gets injured...........again as previously posted he's playing with an injury & I can quite see him having to go under the knife soon as well.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

OH

Lennon's injured, Len.
    And he plays for Gillingham.
    Southend
  • Options
    Hmm that 25-1 to win the league, doesn't look so attractive a day later.
    The bookie will refund those bets won't they ?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Hmm that 25-1 to win the league, doesn't look so attractive a day later.
    The bookie will refund those bets won't they ?

Insider dealing they must have had a tip off:smirk:
  • Options

This is where having a small squad really kicks you in the bollox.

We don’t have a small squad anymore. Although I agree it’s a kick in the bollocks.
    We shall have to agree to disagree.
    Fair enough but I mean we do have two players with experience in every position, three in some, except left back but we have Mascoll who’s looking like one of the best prospects in the under 23s.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    LenGlover said:

OH

Don't be silly....Konsa is a much better bet there.....

OH....
  • Options
    Why are people saying we have cover.

We play with 3 CBS so with BFG out we only have Pearce,Sarr and Bielik.

3 players for 3 CB positions is not adaqute cover its just enough to start, all it takes is a suspsension or injury and its square pegs and round holes again
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

LenGlover said:

OH

OH....
    What's Roger Johnson up to these days...……..Oh x 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having just done a quick Google search on the injury, if it is completely ruptured 2 months sounds very optimistic. Surgery and 5-7 months sounds more common.
  • Options

3 players for 3 CB positions is not adaqute cover its just enough to start, all it takes is a suspsension or injury and its square pegs and round holes again

Don't forget Solly has played CB already this season.
    Even if he's only 5 foot 3.

• Options
    Greenie said:

Quite a bit of sarcasm arount Naby.. Nothing wrong with Naby Sarr. He'll do a great job.

Up front
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

LenGlover said:

OH

OH....
    What's Roger Johnson up to these days...……..Oh x 2
    "I don't like him. He can fuck off."
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Leuth said:

Blumberg is probably almost good enough too, based on nothing more than an optimistic hunch

Problem with him is he's left footed like Pearce and Sarr.

Agree Dijksteel could do a job, and it's a position he's played more than RB, but when he's played there in the cups he's not wholly impressed. I don't think he's quite strong enough or good enough in the air to play there regularly. But an option as a stopgap.

We also have the option of going to a back three with Sarr, Pearce, and Solly as one of the CBs. You could bring Marshall in at wingback or stick Lapslie out there. Not ideal but it helps ease the fact that Sarr and Pearce are both left footed.

BFG is a tough man. Remember a couple years back when his finger popped out and he had to have it put back in during the Hull match? Mental that. The challenge on him looked awful, I couldn't believe it wasn't a booking.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Don't forget Solly has played CB already this season.
    Even if he's only 5 foot 3.

Then you are moving the RWB from his position.

1 more injury or suspension and we are screwed now
  • Options
    We have a small squad. We are not cursed. Injuries and suspensions happen. It's football.

In return for £65M debt, I would, and hope we all would, have expected to be better prepared.

Thanks, Roland.

Get well soon, BFG.
  • Options
    It will be like a new signing when he comes back in Nov/Dec.
  • Options

We played with two CB’s Saturday, if he carries on with that then we do have cover if all fit. Plus Djiksteel can play as one of the three when we do play with three CB’s.