Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer out for 2 months

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

We are cursed I tell thee! Beilik is the obvious choice if nothing else than I don't fancy a left footer as the RCB. Having said that Nabby can do a job and it might make Bowyer more inclined to go 3-5-3 more often at the start of games. Not sure that one of the U21 lads in that position excelled at MK Franchise in the Checkout Trophy either :-(

Start all 3 of our CBs? I’d say this news means we’re more likely to play a back 4 with 2 CBs.
  • Options
    I'd also imagine that Cummings will be able to step up provided he's got Pearce alongside him

His debut against MK Dons might have been a disaster but didnt help the fact he was part of an extremely inexperienced defence

Playing alongside Pearce would be a completely different story for him I'm sure of it, same with Blumberg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

We are cursed I tell thee! Beilik is the obvious choice if nothing else than I don't fancy a left footer as the RCB. Having said that Nabby can do a job and it might make Bowyer more inclined to go 3-5-3 more often at the start of games. Not sure that one of the U21 lads in that position excelled at MK Franchise in the Checkout Trophy either :-(

Start all 3 of our CBs? I’d say this news means we’re more likely to play a back 4 with 2 CBs.
    Depends how balanced Bowyer wants the defence to be, two left footed CBs doesn't do it for me so as I said in my post, Beilik (who is still out injured) is the obvious choice in a back four otherwise he might play a three with maybe Djiksteel, if he doesn't want to risk Beilik. What's the point of leaving him on the bench though if that is what you are inferring, he's too good to be left out and why not in the back line instead of midfield, he did ok at Accy.
  • Options
    The Under 23s are away at Colchester tonight.

It will be interesting in the circumstances to see who does (or maybe with a view to Saturday who doesn't) play at centre half.
  • Options

It will be like a new signing when he comes back in Nov/Dec.

March
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Ruptured fibular collateral ligament. Bugger

A ruptured ligament is bad enough. But a raptured one? That's going to take some getting used to.
    At least he knows it's in a better place
  • Options
    Well that’s a choker.
  • Options
    Get JT in
  • Options

I'd also imagine that Cummings will be able to step up provided he's got Pearce alongside him

His debut against MK Dons might have been a disaster but didnt help the fact he was part of an extremely inexperienced defence

Playing alongside Pearce would be a completely different story for him I'm sure of it, same with Blumberg

I've seen Cummings a few times and he looks nowhere near ready for the first team imo.
    I'm sure others have seen him far more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How far off a return is Bielik?
  • Options

Get JT in

Jerome Thomas? He’ll be no good at the back.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Ruptured fibular collateral ligament. Bugger

A ruptured ligament is bad enough. But a raptured one? That's going to take some getting used to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g
  • Options
    Gutted to hear this news.

Patrick is such an important member of the team & like a certain Stevie Brown, never lets us down.

I wish him a speedy recovery & look forward to seeing him take his place once again in the starting eleven.
  • Options

This is where having a small squad really kicks you in the bollox.

No a leg kicks you in the bollox
  • Options
    Firstly, gutting news. I just can’t believe the amount of injuries we’ve been getting to first team players.

Secondly, for those insisting we have got a small squad, what are you basing it on? Yes it’s small compared to Chelsea, but what is it like compared to most L1 clubs? How many experienced players do you think clubs with attendances between 5-10k carry?

If everyone is fit we would definitely be carrying quite a few unhappy players who wouldn’t be getting near our first team.

The only real noticeable weakness I see is a lack of replacement for Lyle Taylor
  • Options
    Get well soon Herr Bauer,
  • Options
    It's grim news. But trying to look positively, would we be any happier if it was one of about 7/8 others ?
    Particularly, when you bear in mind who would replace them ?
    Steer, Solly, Page, Pearce, Cullen, Bielik, Grant, Taylor, Fosu ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could Pratley play centre half?
  • Options
    I’m pretty gutted about this to be honest, just when things were starting to look up, all the best with your recovery PB, and all the best Nabster.
  • Options
    One of favourite players at the club over recent years. Was gutted in summer when all talk of him going was doing the rounds as I think he could become a long term player that stays and sees the job through. He'll be back when fit and will be most welcome. Great attitude which we need.

Get well soon big lad!
  • Options

Firstly, gutting news. I just can’t believe the amount of injuries we’ve been getting to first team players.

Secondly, for those insisting we have got a small squad, what are you basing it on? Yes it’s small compared to Chelsea, but what is it like compared to most L1 clubs? How many experienced players do you think clubs with attendances between 5-10k carry?

If everyone is fit we would definitely be carrying quite a few unhappy players who wouldn’t be getting near our first team.

The only real noticeable weakness I see is a lack of replacement for Lyle Taylor

For comparison in 11/12 when we won the title we had four senior CBs - Morrison, Taylor, Cort and Doherty plus Mambo next in line. We were very fortunate with injuries, Cort who was 3rd choice barely started a game until getting a run of games at the end of the season.

The difference then was that you could sign short term loans. However even with a new owner and more season ticket holders we’d likely only have 5 senior CBs at the most.

In the Prem they have the 25 man squad rule, so even they have limitations.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

He's injured too
  • Options

Valley11 said:

He's injured too
    Is that long term?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

He's injured too
    Is that long term?
    At least another couple of weeks, most likely nearer mid October would be my guess.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

He's injured too
    Is that long term?
    Don't think so both he and Beilik were supposed to be out for a couple of weeks and we await this week's injuries update with even more interest. However as we know to our cost rushing them back too soon is self defeating.
  • Options

Agreed, as a young CB you need someone experienced alongside you. Rufus was brilliant when he came in, but having an experienced player alongside him (Chapple, Balmer) was crucial