Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bent turns down Wham!

According to SSN.

I really do wonder what is going to happen????

Comments

• Options
    Blimey!
  • Options
    Staying at the valley, he's staying at the vaaaaaaaaaaaaalley!
  • Options
    Just got the club text .....

Good for him!
    Maybe not good for us as other teams may not bid as much.
  • Options
    And conveniently, the OS has just fallen over.
  • Options
    one more year, one more year, one more year.

the chanting at anfield worked!!
  • Options
    Finally got on, nothing about benty on there.
  • Options
    I wonder how the Newspaper hacks feel like now???

the taste of Darren Bent to West Ham done deal according to them...

now tommorow

S*** we got it wrong Darren bent to anyone lol!
  • Options
    Best news I've heard all night - considering I took a pasting from all the Wham fans on my coach home tonight.

Can't wait to get on in the morning now!!!!

:-)

Mx
  • Options
    BENTY WE LOVE YOU!!!! ANYTHING BUT THOSE F*CKERS...ACCORDING TO TALKSPORT HE HAS "CONFIRMED" THAT HE WILL NOT BE JOINING THE SPAMMERS.
  • Options
    Grrrr. I hate complaining about the OS because I know it's not an easy job and it's better than those poxy Premium TV sites, but still...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Grrrr. I hate complaining about the OS because I know it's not an easy job and it's better than those poxy Premium TV sites, but still...
    lol
  • Options
    My only worry about all this - has he turned down West Ham in favour of someone else? Because I really don't want Spurs (and their bloody lapdog evening papers) to get him.
  • Options
    i'd love to share all your optimism that he's staying, but surely its much more likely that he's trying to get a deal with spurs, a deal which will leave us a great deal poorer. i'm gutted as now we've lost the edge of bent playing clubs off against each other and this will effect our bargaining position.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]My only worry about all this - has he turned down West Ham in favour of someone else? Because I really don't want Spurs (and their bloody lapdog evening papers) to get him.
    he just has to look at Defoe to know thats a bad move i think (unless its Europe).

keane and berbatov are clearly the preferred partnership and he wont be guaranteed to play there.

I hope Man U and/or Liverpool come in for him
  • Options
    Which club is he off to then? I have a hunch that it's going to be Valencia
  • Options
    The situation is that only Wham have matched "our" valuation of £15 mill, so thats the only team he has been allowed to talk to. He is after all under contract.

He therefore either wants to stay, or thinks a "better" offer will come along.

The worst thing for us is that he moves, even for a lot of money, right at the end of the transfer window.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

I hope Man U and/or Liverpool come in for him

Same here - he really should hold out for quality. Which is what Parker should have done all those years ago.
  • Options
    Stanmore are you telling me that if man u or liverpool come in but only offer £12 mill, that bent wont be unsettled or even put in a transfer request. i could just about handle seeing bent going but if we get a few mill less than we could have i'll be totally gutted.
  • Options
    What a fine man, money don't always talk.....
  • Options
    "Sources close to Bent say Bent is interested in a move to White Hart Lane," says Sky Sports News.

The reporter is Andy Burton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure Mart- There is a long way to go, Darren seems to play it the right way and the club have put a £15 mill price tag on him, meet that and you can talk..

I feel a bit strange saying this but i'm possibly more interested in the club he goes to rather than the money we get, within the sounds of sensibility. That's not to say that what you suggest may not happen- it's early days.

According to SSN- right now, but Bent is supposedly "interested in a move to WHL".

Who knows????
  • Options
    A wise move by DB...I said on the other thread that West Ham isn't an ambitious move, despite the money on offer, and that he's better off waiting until a bigger club comes in for him.
  • Options
    Darren Bent has turned down a move to West Ham United, Charlton confirmed on Thursday night.

The two clubs had agreed a fee for the 23-year-old England international, who has top scored for Charlton for the past two Premiership campaigns.

But after negotiations with the Hammers, the striker has rejected a switch to Upton Park and the chance to be reunited with the man who brought him to The Valley in August 2004, current Hammers boss Alan Curbishley.
    Charlton chief executive Peter Varney said: "We set a valuation for Darren and West Ham were the only club prepared to meet that valuation.

"This morning we gave them permission to speak to Darren, which he did, and he has decided not to join West Ham.

"We therefore look forward to Darren starting with us in the Championship next season, which is a massive boost to our chance of returning to the Premier League.”
  • Options
    Peter Varney quote on SSN - he seems to think that Darren will start the season as a Charlton Player and will play a big part in our promotion challenge.

God Peter I hope your right.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Peter Varney quote on SSN - he seems to think that Darren will start the season as a Charlton Player and will play a big part in our promotion challenge.

God Peter I hope your right.[/quote]

There was one definite offer from West Ham which he has rejected, some half-hearted interest from Spurs, some smoke without fire from one or two other clubs and nothing else. But there's a long way to go before the transfer window closes...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Peter Varney quote on SSN - he seems to think that Darren will start the season as a Charlton Player and will play a big part in our promotion challenge.

God Peter I hope your right.

There was one definite offer from West Ham which he has rejected, some half-hearted interest from Spurs, some smoke without fire from one or two other clubs and nothing else. But there's a long way to go before the transfer window closes...

Oh I know that - but I can hope!

;-)
  • Options
    Loads of muggy Spurs fans claiming that Darren is on the way to them, well be nice if they bid
  • Options
    Great News

If he was off to Spurs do you reckon we would get texts or emails?

I think the club would keep quiet until he went why give false hopes if they know he is off?