Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bent turns down Wham!

124»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Expect this to drag on and on and he rocks us by throwing a wobbly and getting his transfer to Spurs just hours before deadline day, thus throwing team preparations into disarray the day before the Palace away game![/quote]

That is why I don't like it when Murray says ''We therefore look forward to Darren starting with us in the Championship next season''...yes, starting with us then leaving at 11.59 on 31 Aug
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonchick[/cite]That is why I don't like it when Murray says ''We therefore look forward to Darren starting with us in the Championship next season''...yes, starting with us then leaving at 11.59 on 31 Aug

Murray didn't say it Varney said it. I think it was more of a message to other would-be buyers letting them know that if they want to speak to Darren they have to match West Hams bid. I expect they feared with West Ham out of the running other clubs would bid less money for him. By saying we look forward to seeing him play for us next year sends a message out that we are prepared to keep him if we don't get the offer we want.