Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• LB may need to consider a change of formation. We have a wealth of good attacking midfielders and no strikers. 4-2-3-1 anyone?
  • edited January 2019
    I

LB may need to consider a change of formation. We have a wealth of good attacking midfielders and no strikers. 4-2-3-1 anyone?

It might end up being Hobson's choice but if so then those talented midfielders need to start scoring regularly because Aribo is top of that pile with 5.
  • LB may need to consider a change of formation. We have a wealth of good attacking midfielders and no strikers. 4-2-3-1 anyone?

no no no - looked much better with 2 upfront at end of the Posh game.

no no no - looked much better with Reeco upfront at end of the Posh game.
  • Pompey in for James Vaughan
  • JamesSeed said:

Cawley: ‘Only #cafc deal in today will be a loan striker. Spoken to Lee Bowyer just now and he says the club are "in a good position" to get the one they want.’

Couple of million quid in the bank for Roland to offset his (loan) losses then.

Can't be so. @Doucher said one permanent and one loan.

Why does anybody believe Roland would spend money.

#willthisshiteverstop
  • JamesSeed said:

Scoham said:
    He's seen Mo Eisa. In Asda. At 7am.
    Done deal.
    Then someone replied saying he’d seen Eisa at Charlton station.
    So Asda at 7 or 7:30, then a train to Charlton station. Where he was seen at 8am.

Obviously he would have insisted on taking the train to ingratiate himself with Charlton fans.
    Carriage number?
  • Sponsored links:

• No we are trying to buy a striker but will just run out of time nearly got it over the line though.
  • Sage said:

we only bring in one on loan.

And the reality is, we haven't even managed that yet. I imagine we are in quite a competitive market.
  • edited January 2019
    Hmmm, trashed his flat after personal problems from a break up of a relationship. Not the crime of the century, sounds a bit hot headed, needs a manager who can relate to him and give him best advice from his own personal experiences...................I know just the man.
  • If this incoming player is better than Ajose (which he will be) and maybe even better than Grant (which is possible) then I'd hardly say we've been weakened up front.

As I say, the issue is whether the player comes in. Let's stay hopeful.
  • jason cummings linked - a player who on loan at peterboro is being sent back to his parent club because he is causing problems, hes also scottish so this seasons tony watt

Very similar to Tony magic feet Watt in that Cummings was very highly rated as a youngster playing for the Scottish schools and scoring at Hibernian. The problem is off the field where it sounds like he gets bored. Social media clips of him smashing up his flat with TV being lobbed out the window and Barry Fry saying he has no future at Posh.

Football wise when he is focused he is a good player.
  • Bowyer said: “We’re in a good position at the moment for the striker we want.

“Obviously he won’t be in to train today, which is disappointing. We’d hoped that would happen yesterday.

“Today we hear ‘yes’ or ‘no’. But I think we’ve got a good chance.

“And then that is us [done]. That’s all we’re trying to do, just replace Karlan.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-will-only-do-one-deal-before-transfer-deadline/
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-will-only-do-one-deal-before-transfer-deadline/

Bowyer said: “We’re in a good position at the moment for the striker we want.

“Obviously he won’t be in to train today, which is disappointing. We’d hoped that would happen yesterday.

“And then that is us [done]. That’s all we’re trying to do, just replace Karlan.”
  • Hmmm that's all we're trying to do....is that frustration or Bowyer's plan?
  • RedChaser said:

Hmmm, trashed his flat after personal problems from a break up of a relationship. Not the crime of the century, sounds a bit hot headed, needs a manager who can relate to him and give him best advice from his own personal experiences...................imageI know just the man.
  • Leuth said:

If this incoming player is better than Ajose (which he will be) and maybe even better than Grant (which is possible) then I'd hardly say we've been weakened up front.

Grant has 14 goals in 28 games

Have you actually checked just HOW MANY players have scored more in this division this season.....
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Hmmm, trashed his flat after personal problems from a break up of a relationship. Not the crime of the century, sounds a bit hot headed, needs a manager who can relate to him and give him best advice from his own personal experiences...................I know just the man.
    I agree, but there were also comments from Evans regarding his drinking.

As Bows said though “everyone needs a second chance”.
  • Moo said:

JamesSeed said:

Cawley: ‘Only #cafc deal in today will be a loan striker. Spoken to Lee Bowyer just now and he says the club are "in a good position" to get the one they want.’

Couple of million quid in the bank for Roland to offset his (loan) losses then.

So typical RD gives us the bare minimum.
    Which weakens our promotion chances - no wonder the Aussies have defected to Notts County.
  • supaclive said:

Leuth said:

If this incoming player is better than Ajose (which he will be) and maybe even better than Grant (which is possible) then I'd hardly say we've been weakened up front.

Grant has 14 goals in 28 games

Have you actually checked just HOW MANY players have scored more in this division this season.....
    He's done well. But why is he 12th in our season player ratings? You say it like its impossible that we'll find a player that helps the team play better. I'd say it's eminently possible.
  • If bowyer said to Cawley that he doesn’t want the name going public then it can’t be Eisa right? As that name was public when they last spoke?!
  • Sage said:

Leuth said:

If we only bring one in, no matter what way you look at it, even if this player is better than Grant (which is unlikely otherwise he wouldn’t be coming down to us on deadline day) we will still be weaker.

Before January we had Taylor, Grant, Ajose and Vetokele not including Reeco as he hadn’t been involved really. Now we have Taylor who is suspended still, Vetokele who isn’t fit and Reeco who is still extremely raw. Even if we bring in one striker, we are weaker.
    Taylor is suspended for two more games. Then he is unleashed on a tiring and increasingly stretched division
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-will-only-do-one-deal-before-transfer-deadline/

Bowyer said: “We’re in a good position at the moment for the striker we want.

Bow don't half sound weary.
  • Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

I agree, but there were also comments from Evans regarding his drinking.

As Bows said though “everyone needs a second chance”.
    Yep and one of Bowyers main requirements will be the lad fitting into the group so I'm sure he will weigh it all up and make the right call.