Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• edited January 2019
  • Something about 'Mo' et Chandon.
  • I know and have heard absolutely nothing !
  • Have we ever signed anyone who has been any good on deadline day?
  • Our best bet for Saturday is for the game to be called off due to snow, because a front line of Reeco & another U23 doesn't bare thinking about.
  • edited January 2019
    Cawley: ‘Only #cafc deal in today will be a loan striker. Spoken to Lee Bowyer just now and he says the club are "in a good position" to get the one they want.’

Couple of million quid in the bank for Roland to offset his (loan) losses then.
  • Just seen Roger Johnson with his head buried in the snow. Celebrating his new 6 month contract with us.
  • JamesSeed said:

Cawley: ‘Only #cafc deal in today will be a loan striker. Spoken to Lee Bowyer just now and he says the club are "in a good position" to get the one they want.’

I can hardly contain my excitement.
  • Have we ever signed anyone who has been any good on deadline day?

Never had Bows and Gally on the case before.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Oh dear.
  • JamesSeed said:

So typical RD gives us the bare minimum.
  • jason cummings linked - a player who on loan at peterboro is being sent back to his parent club because he is causing problems, hes also scottish so this seasons tony watt
  • Scoham said:
    He's seen Mo Eisa. In Asda. At 7am.
    Done deal.
    Then someone replied saying he’d seen Eisa at Charlton station.
    So Asda at 7 or 7:30, then a train to Charlton station. Where he was seen at 8am.

Obviously he would have insisted on taking the train to ingratiate himself with Charlton fans.
  • If (and it's a big if) Vetokele can stay fit we may be okay with only 1 in.

However, if he gets injured again we're screwed.
  • Ross said:

If (and it's a big if) Vetokele can stay fit we may be okay with only 1 in.

What do you mean if? Half a game at best is all we can expect.

We jus have to hope that the loan signing is one hell of a player.
  • The penny dropped ?

The guy we are going to sign, works in Asda.
  • Ross said:

Am guessing that they played Vetokele Monday in the U23's to assess if he was ready and basically decided yes - so only one in...
  • edited January 2019
    Shock horror, the Rat trousers a couple of million quid selling off another youth product. I mean it's not like he's got previous is it, still at least we got to see one of the Premier League stars of the future ripping up the L1 goal scoring charts for 5 months :smirk: .
  • Uboat said:

JamesSeed said:

I can hardly contain my excitement.
    I can hardly contain my excrement. Oops... gotta go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Igor, Clarke, Taylor, Reco and another one in. Guess we have to count Clarke as he may now be in the frame and Bowyer has got told he's there and won't be released.
  • Ross said:

Plus Taylor is one booking away from a 2 game ban. 2 striker in's is what we need. No surprise we don't get them but it just undoes the good work done already.
  • Taylor, RHF, Igor, Clarke & loanee doesn’t sound too sad on paper to be honest. In reality however we’ve no idea how good the loanee will turn out to be, Clarke not fit or fancied currently and Igor didn’t look great before the latest injury. Sigh.
  • RedChaser said:

Shock horror, the Rat trousers a couple of million quid selling off another youth product. I mean it's not like he's got previous is it, still at least we got to see one of the Premier League stars of the future ripping up the L1 goal scoring charts for 5 months :smirk: .

One of the Championship journeymen of the future tbf
  • JaShea99 said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Not caught up in thread but can confirm grant is going - it’s done - 2 new signings being worked on - should know more tomorrow pm

Nothing new there, we have already garnished this from various reports.
    Quite a few ifs on this page, I’ve just confirmed
    Serious question - is DOUCHER for real or is it a parody?
    I suspect you know, but if not:

Real. But sometimes tongue in cheek, I think it’s fair to say.
    Good info though normally, but like with all itk folk, events can change validity of info.
  • Await quote of “it is what it is”. Never say never, but has already got harder.
  • If we get a good loan signing in it's a good window for me. Especially with Igor, Clarke (?) and Fosu as our attacking alternatives.
  • Did Leon Best end up retiring in the end after his injury last year?
  • Leuth said:

RedChaser said:

One of the Championship journeymen of the future tbf
    Check the smirk out 😉.