Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• The new Tony Watt

The way things are currently going we will be getting the old one back.
  • a wish not a rumour .. Sam Winnall would do a great job for us .. he's presently on the bench for S Wednesday .. have a word with Kat please Roly

Please no he would only sell someone else.
  • I wonder if we’ll go for James Vaughan. He’s a little injury prone but with Leon Clarke going to Wigan it would possibly make him available.
  • Injury prone.

Fits the criteria I guess.
  • It's all just a F up. Or should that be an?
  • Cummings rumoured to be joining Luton.

FFS.

Is that because their striker is off to villa?
  • Villa were linked with Justin at Luton but he’s a defender.
  • You just know whoever we try and sign will end up getting stuck in traffic due to adverse weather conditions, meaning we end up with no-one
  • Sponsored links:

• James Vaughan lived next door to me when he played for Palace . He knows the area .
  • I’ll predict the below. (Purely a guess, no inside info)

Hogan- Villa to Sheffield
    Clarke- Sheffield to Wigan
    Vaughan- Wigan to Charlton
  • ashley said:

James Vaughan lived next door to me when he played for Palace . He knows the area .

I hope you played your stereo really loud at 3am before Palace match days
  • Cummings in intriguing.at 23 has lots of parallels with Watt but looks a better finisher. 1 in 2 in SCotland for unfancied Hibs is decent.
    Quick, left footed and plays on the shoulder of the last man.

Could be interesting if it were us
  • Cummings would be a great signing.
  • Cummings would be a great signing.

Hmmmm not so sure. None of his last few teams have wanted him. Sounds like a trouble maker.
  • You just know whoever we try and sign will end up getting stuck in traffic due to adverse weather conditions, meaning we end up with no-one

Or worse travelling with Southeastern.
  • I have a bad feeling about today
  • Come on @DOUCHER throw us a bone ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, today is the day.

Is our season over or are we going to push on for a top two place?

If we get any sort of replacements for Ajose/Grant then we have to be happy as Reeco and Igor are not enough for the run in (bearing in mind Taylor will probably miss at least four of those games and maybe more).

I think that the press release coming out at 11.05 tonight may have a familiar smell in that de cloob tried to get some transfers over the line but failed due to the time available.

The opportunity to give Charlton and the fans a massive boost by a show of intent is there, but this looks to me like another failure by Roland to grasp that nettle.

I hope I'm wrong.
  • C’mon Charlton, carpe diem!!
  • Can’t sleep. Getting excited for transfer day.

Let’s just see what happens. I’m hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
  • Scoham said:

2mil is a good price if we get a loan in and 500-750k striker the rat can have his mil and we won’t be worse off

se9addick said:

DOUCHER said:

I am told that bowyer will get all the money from the sale - if it happens - and ultimately it is bowyers call - he could say no but then you would have a player on your hands who has just lost out on over 3 times the wages he is currently being offered - the wages offered are at the top limit of the wage structure - the alternative is to bring in 2 strikers and i back gallen and bowyer to get this right when they bring in the replacements. If they can't get what they think is right with regards to replacements then i doubt they will let him go and may instead take the deal from rangers which involves him staying but only goes through in the summer if he isn't injured. Not all done and dusted yet

If Huddersfield are going to pay £2M for Grant and make him one of their top earners then they are absolutely mental.
    Isn’t it more that he’s one of our lowest earners - he signed a contract before he broke into our first team. If he’s only on say £2-3k a week he could easily get £10k at Huddersfield. A big increase in terms of % but he’d be going from a youngsters wage with us to a squad player for Huddersfield.
    Croydon said:

It was bad enough we got rid of Ajose with no replacement. If we don't bring in someone of relative quality for Grant then we have had an absolute stinker of a window.

It started pretty well too with Williams, Purrington & Maxwell all looking like decent recruits.
  • _MrDick said:

Come on @DOUCHER throw us a bone ...

Blimey Mr Dick wants a bone from Doucher! For some reason that just seems totally inappropriate 😀.
  • Am I right that when the transfer window slams shut at 11pm, the loan window creeks open?

In which case I predict none today inwards.
  • Am I right that when the transfer window slams shut at 11pm, the loan window creeks open?

Loan window is no more I thought?

No, they’re the same window. We can only loan players for the full season or half a season.

After 11pm free transfers are the only chance we have of bringing in new players.