Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• edited January 2019

This won't be popular but I said from the start that Duchatelet will just pocket the money, exactly as he did at Standard.

Cawley, the only person posting or posted on here who might really have any inside track, has backtracked form his first statement and today has gone silent. He has been led up the garden path like everyone else.

Vetokele appeared yesterday far earlier than previous medical reports had led us to believe. You might argue that it was a cunning ploy to surprise Palarse Reserves, but as with most things in life, I am sure the more obvious reason is correct. Bow has been told that he will have to use him cos there won't be anyone else.

So all you lot banging on about how he's not such a loss, and that the fee was ok if this, if that, might want to get ready to face reality.

I would love to be wrong. Right now, I can't see a shred of evidence that I am.

Apart from @DOUCHER obviously.

Karlan’s not such a loss if we get an excellent replacement in. He’s a massive loss if we don’t.
  • This won't be popular but I said from the start that Duchatelet will just pocket the money, exactly as he did at Standard.

Cawley, the only person posting or posted on here who might really have any inside track, has backtracked form his first statement and today has gone silent. He has been led up the garden path like everyone else.

Vetokele appeared yesterday far earlier than previous medical reports had led us to believe. You might argue that it was a cunning ploy to surprise Palarse Reserves, but as with most things in life, I am sure the more obvious reason is correct. Bow has been told that he will have to use him cos there won't be anyone else.

So all you lot banging on about how he's not such a loss, and that the fee was ok if this, if that, might want to get ready to face reality.

I would love to be wrong. Right now, I can't see a shred of evidence that I am.

Bows did say that he was looking at loans to replace Ajose. Maybe Grant going means we are fishing in a slightly bigger pond and we will at least get a good loan in.

Hold on to that until tomorrow night!
  • Not a hope in hell, @JamesSeed. 24 hours before the deadline, with Sunderland also looking for two strikers.

Speaking of which I got a bit of lowdown on Maja, since I am in my B&B in Eltham, and the excellent owner is a Sunderland fan in his late 60's, who is a season ticket holder, regularly going up there from Eltham. Pretty well connected in the club, it seems.

He says it's true that Sunderland haven't seen any of the Maja money because they owed it to Bordeaux, or at least £1.5m and the rest of the fee is contingent on various things. Also he was only on his youth wage of 600k per week, although Sunderland, unlike us, has been desperately trying to get him to sign a new one. And who was in the way of that? Why, his agent, of course.

BTW @JamesSeed my landlord here is related to Jimmy Seed. Jimmy was his uncle if I recall what he told me last time. I will PM you some details,
  • Not a hope in hell, @JamesSeed. 24 hours before the deadline, with Sunderland also looking for two strikers.

Speaking of which I got a bit of lowdown on Maja, since I am in my B&B in Eltham, and the excellent owner is a Sunderland fan in his late 60's, who is a season ticket holder, regularly going up there from Eltham. Pretty well connected in the club, it seems.

He says it's true that Sunderland haven't seen any of the Maja money because they owed it to Bordeaux, or at least £1.5m and the rest of the fee is contingent on various things. Also he was only on his youth wage of 600k per week, although Sunderland, unlike us, has been desperately trying to get him to sign a new one. And who was in the way of that? Why, his agent, of course.

BTW @JamesSeed my landlord here is related to Jimmy Seed. Jimmy was his uncle if I recall what he told me last time. I will PM you some details,

So his agent advised him not to sign a new contract at Sunderland but to go for better wages to a better League where they play football suited to his style. What a rogue. They should all be banned
  • If anyone is wondering where the £1.5m payments for Grant have gone and will stay, better check Duchâlet’s bank balance (well probably used to reduce the amounts of ‘loans’ he has to put in tbf.

If we see any money spent on transfer fees in this window I will be stunned.

• edited January 2019
  • I would imagine loans are a bit more hush hush, mainly done over the phone, no medical etc.
  • Oggy Red said:

What’s with the full stop?
  • Redrobo said:

Oggy Red said:

As I was catching up the thread with 80 posts unread, I made a 'pearl of wisdom' reply ..... only to read 20 posts later, 2 posters had by then already written much the same thing.

As it was pointless, I edited in a point. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Redrobo said:

Oggy Red said:

As I was catching up the thread with 80 posts unread, I made a 'pearl of wisdom' reply ..... only to read 20 posts later, 2 posters had by then already written much the same thing.

As it was pointless, I edited in a point. :smile:
    Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was something I couldn’t open!
  • edited January 2019

Not a hope in hell, @JamesSeed. 24 hours before the deadline, with Sunderland also looking for two strikers.

Great uncle that’d be I suspect.
    Jimmy had four brothers and five sisters, and he was the second youngest. Would be very interested to link up.
  • Does anyone else feel sick waiting to see if we get a decent replacement ?

In honesty, listening to what ibborg does to his chickens makes me feel a bit queasy:-)
    He should never have been allowed in the petting zoo
    Bit late on the chicken talk, but this place was just down the road from our house In Cambridge, Massachusetts.
  • I would imagine loans are a bit more hush hush, mainly done over the phone, no medical etc.

I always thought that even loan players have to have a medical, but I may be wrong
  • Rumoured to be looking at Jason Cummings. Notts Forest on loan at Peterborough
  • Peterborough United

Verified account

@theposhofficial
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    JASON CUMMINGS | Nottingham Forest and Peterborough United have mutually agreed to the immediate recall of Jason Cummings from his season-long loan. #pufc
  • JamesSeed said:

Not a hope in hell, @JamesSeed. 24 hours before the deadline, with Sunderland also looking for two strikers.

Great uncle that’d be I suspect.
    Jimmy had four brothers and five sisters, and he was the second youngest. Would be very interested to link up.
    At the Long Pond?

Riviera will serve you. And if your quick, Prague will be there too. :smile:
  • Swisdom said:

Rumoured to be looking at Jason Cummings. Notts Forest on loan at Peterborough

Likes a cup goal 19 in 30 apps. 58 in 143 in the league. 23, 5' 10" - all from wiki
  • Swisdom said:

He fell out of favour massively after having a good start there. Peterborough don't want him and have been trying to get rid. Forest will only be recalling him if they have loan lined up. Scored 6 this season - no idea what competition they were in
  • Swisdom said:

He fell out of favour massively after having a good start there. Peterborough don't want him and have been trying to get rid. Forest will only be recalling him if they have loan lined up. Scored 6 this season - no idea what competition they were in
    Scored the winner at The Valley didn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• It would appear that Posh want him gone, lack of form and off-field issues, and they are trying to find another club to take him. He has turned down Lincoln and MK as he does not want to go into League 2.
  • cfgs said:

Swisdom said:

Scored the winner at The Valley didn't he?
    Ah yes, that's why I looked him up the other day! Penalty. Bastard.

Sunderland also linked
  • edited January 2019

Swisdom said:

How fast is he on FIFA?
    If he's anything like my Grandsons, it'll be as soon as he gets in from school training :wink: .
  • The new Tony Watt
  • ross1 said:

It would appear that Posh want him gone, lack of form and off-field issues, and they are trying to find another club to take him. He has turned down Lincoln and MK as he does not want to go into League 2.

Very good scoring record, just worried if the off field issues would effect our “team togetherness”.
  • Good player but not sure about his attitude. Started the season on fire and then had some sort of off field issue and has been poor since.
  • Mind you, good replacement for Ajose!
  • SUNDERLAND UPADTES

Sky Sports News understands Sunderland have had a bid accepted by a Premier League team for an unknown striker, with a medical booked for Deadline Day on Thursday.

The Black Cats have also seen a £1.25m bid turned down by Doncaster for striker John Marquis, while Lewis Morgan's loan move from Celtic is close to being completed.

However, Sunderland will not be moving for Sheffield United forward Ched Evans, despite reports.
  • Sunderland also have a fifth bid for Grigg rejected.