Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Sunderland are now being linked with Ched Evans, he's on loan at Fleetwood from Sheff Utd.

Ched Evans crossed my mind earlier, but I quickly dismissed him.
    Plus he's not exactly looked "great" this season in any case.
    11 goals, Taylor only has 12?
  • Portsmouth have signed winger Lloyd Isgrove on loan from League One promotion rivals Barnsley.

The 26-year-old, who won a cap for Wales in 2016, will stay until the end of the season at second-placed Pompey.

Having begun his career at Southampton, he has also had loans at Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday.

"He has got very good technique, can trouble defenders and is comfortable being used on either wing," Portsmouth boss Kenny Jackett said.

Isgrove is the second player Barnsley have sold to a title rival in League One after George Moncur left for leaders Luton Town earlier this month for an undisclosed fee.
  • seems a dubious policy
  • Maybe they have been instructed to sabotage from within?
  • seems a dubious policy

It sounds Rolandesque
  • Portsmouth seem to be making rather unglamourous signings this window, it's their 3rd signing from a L1 club
  • Yes we had an unglamourous signing in Taylor which is working out ok.
  • Don’t see any whispers on Twitter. Strange because there’s usually at least a couple of dodgy accounts with 30 followers claiming to be ITK...
  • I do worry that Igor playing for the u23s means Roly thinks we are sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sunderland are now being linked with Ched Evans, he's on loan at Fleetwood from Sheff Utd.

Ched Evans crossed my mind earlier, but I quickly dismissed him.
    Plus he's not exactly looked "great" this season in any case.
    11 goals, Taylor only has 12?
    He's scoring a goal to every 180mins, which is actually better than Taylor. Has 4 assists too, same as Karlan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers
  • Still fancy we will bring at least a loan in, I think Bowyer and Gallen will make sure of that
  • Wonder if we could nick Maynard off Bury. He's out of contract at the end of the season as well, although if we're gonna spend money Aneke would be better long term. Spending money probably rules them both out though.
  • edited January 2019
    Bowyer has a budget and will have freed up wages from Ajose and Grant so expect a loan signing at least. Sometimes the player you want might be dependent on his club bringing somebody else in.
  • Still fancy we will bring at least a loan in, I think Bowyer and Gallen will make sure of that

It’s not like someone has come in with an unexpected bid last minute and we’ve just a few hours to react. This has been pretty much known as a given since the second half of last week
    Maybe to ITK people like you, the rest of us only found our yesterday : - )
  • Bowyer has a budget and will have freed up wages from Ajose and Grant so expect a loan signing at least. Sometimes the player you want might be dependent on his club bringing somebody else in.

Grant won't have been on much, so if it is a budget issue maybe they are waiting to see if there is any movement on Marshall or Clarke.

Is there any news on any more departures?
  • Andy Delort to finally sign on loan?
  • I am surprised that we have not heard at least a rumour.

We have not even had an agent use us to promote a player, which when you compare us to the Sunderland rumours linking them to every striker that has ever scored a goal, seems a bit strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer has a budget and will have freed up wages from Ajose and Grant so expect a loan signing at least. Sometimes the player you want might be dependent on his club bringing somebody else in.

What like Grant going was dependent on us getting someone in? Well it should have worked like that but we let him go before sorting ourselves first
  • Surely we must have at least one lined up? If not then goodbye any chance of promotion.

What like Grant going was dependent on us getting someone in? Well it should have worked like that but we let him go before sorting ourselves first
    How do you know this? Has something gone wrong?

It’s not like someone has come in with an unexpected bid last minute and we’ve just a few hours to react. This has been pretty much known as a given since the second half of last week
    It was earlier than that I think.
    We were told we'd had a £2M bid for one of our players and it wasn't for Taylor.
  • Eisa to us?.

It was earlier than that I think.
    We were told we'd had a £2M bid for one of our players and it wasn't for Taylor.
    Page 37/January 14th was the first mention on here of Rangers coming in for Grant.
    It had also been said before that, we'd had a £2M bid for one of our players, so we've known for about 3/4 weeks that Grant could well be going.
  • Redrobo said:

Bowyer has a budget and will have freed up wages from Ajose and Grant so expect a loan signing at least. Sometimes the player you want might be dependent on his club bringing somebody else in.

I meant that’s what we should be doing but under Roland as usual we do things our own way.

We shouldn’t let a player go until the replacement is in the building
  • Redrobo said:

I meant that’s what we should be doing but under Roland as usual we do things our own way.

We shouldn’t let a player go until the replacement is in the building
    I agree, but the food chain dictates that it is the bigger clubs that get their signings in first.