Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

_MrDick said:

Time to move on ... @DOUCHER We need your next rumour, please. We need something to lift us again

Incoming transfers in progress
    DOUCHER said:

_MrDick said:

Time to move on ... @DOUCHER We need your next rumour, please. We need something to lift us again

pray .. tell more !!
  • when you know more of course
  • DOUCHER said:

_MrDick said:

good enough for me ;-)

• DOUCHER said:

_MrDick said:

I like the plural in your response! Do you think today?
  • But given their FD was our FD - maybe we can do adeal for Assombalonga
  • DOUCHER said:

I imagine the Karlan deal was done yesterday, but they waited until today to announce it as Huddersfield were playing yesterday. It's not as if Karlan would have gone up this morning

I asked them to hold fire so the usual candidates could start with the insults - it’s always a laugh - smugometer looking good
    Love you @DOUCHER
  • edited January 2019
    DOUCHER said:

I imagine the Karlan deal was done yesterday, but they waited until today to announce it as Huddersfield were playing yesterday. It's not as if Karlan would have gone up this morning

I asked them to hold fire so the usual candidates could start with the insults - it’s always a laugh - smugometer looking good
    Be smug again and tell us who you think we are looking at please? need more then "incoming transfers" cause I'm losing the plot over here
  • Ben18 said:

Time for some incoming rumours please.

@DOUCHER your people need you
    Surely when @DOUCHER drops a pearl it is a little stronger than a rumour. Maybe he could have his own category...'Genuinely In The Know'. Would save all this speculation.

Someone should look into this.
    There’s an admin meeting tonight to discuss replacing @i_b_b_o_r_g with @DOUCHER as part of the mod team. Controversial, but some feel the least we can do to recognise his ongoing contribution to CL and growing respect and popularity.

It’s not straight forward, @i_b_b_o_r_g has some heavy hitting backers. Could go either way this one.
    Would be a huge honour obviously but haven’t the ‘skill set’ for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry if been asked before, but what's the latest we can sign a loan and/or permanent striker that will be eligible for Saturday's game?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

cafc-west said:

Sorry if been asked before, but what's the latest we can sign a loan and/or permanent striker that will be eligible for Saturday's game?

If they sign by the deadline, tomorrow 11pm, they can play saturday. If they don't sign before they can't play until August :-)
    OK thanks. So, as usual, we are cutting it fine...
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Brining in any permanent player in January is a risky business regardless of the mad Belgian barstard. When we signed Page and JFC it was odds on we would be in league 1 the following season, so they had to be "fit for purpose" for 18 months minimum.

If you go for a player like Grigg or Eves they will not only command a fee, but they will also want a good, long term contract, say 2 and a half years. IF we get promoted we then have a player on a longish contract that might not be good enough for the championship. Grigg has failed at that level twice already.

Most league 1 teams have to rebuild their squads every season, look where Plymouth and Shrewsbury are this season, compared to last. Peterborough have a massive turn round of players every season.

You can't "slow build" in league 1, I don't even think it is possible in the championship any more.

A good point. It's really hard to keep good players in L1, as they'll get quickly snapped up by either bigger clubs or clubs in a higher division. When you look at the squads in other L1 clubs, very few players have been there for a number of years, there's constant rotation.
    Very true though sometimes the complete opposite happens.

Look at Rochdale how long have they had Henderson and Andrew together? Yes they're both in their 30's but Henderson has 92 goals in 251 games since 2013. Yes he's 34 years old but how come nobody ever goes in for him. Even Andrew has 24 goals in 150 games since 2014 yet both play for a Rochdale team never in the mix for promotion.

Not saying either are the answer but funny how those sort of players get overlooked while ours are always sold.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Brining in any permanent player in January is a risky business regardless of the mad Belgian barstard. When we signed Page and JFC it was odds on we would be in league 1 the following season, so they had to be "fit for purpose" for 18 months minimum.

If you go for a player like Grigg or Eves they will not only command a fee, but they will also want a good, long term contract, say 2 and a half years. IF we get promoted we then have a player on a longish contract that might not be good enough for the championship. Grigg has failed at that level twice already.

Most league 1 teams have to rebuild their squads every season, look where Plymouth and Shrewsbury are this season, compared to last. Peterborough have a massive turn round of players every season.

You can't "slow build" in league 1, I don't even think it is possible in the championship any more.

A good point. It's really hard to keep good players in L1, as they'll get quickly snapped up by either bigger clubs or clubs in a higher division. When you look at the squads in other L1 clubs, very few players have been there for a number of years, there's constant rotation.
    Very true though sometimes the complete opposite happens.

Look at Rochdale how long have they had Henderson and Andrew together? Yes they're both in their 30's but Henderson has 92 goals in 251 games since 2013. Yes he's 34 years old but how come nobody ever goes in for him. Even Andrew has 24 goals in 150 games since 2014 yet both play for a Rochdale team never in the mix for promotion.

Not saying either are the answer but funny how those sort of players get overlooked while ours are always sold.
    Henderson does seem very settled there, loves the club and area etc It's become his club like Charlton became Jacko's club I guess
  • edited January 2019
    Loans will usually be the last thing that bigger clubs look at.
  • Tom Eaves the 27 year old scouser will sign for Sunderland before the window shuts.
    Since being at Gillingham he has a record of a goal every two games.

Would have been a great target man for Cafc with Taylor's penchant for drifting out to the right. ( To good effect on many occasions)
  • Fuck chicken strangling @i_b_b_o_r_g lets go with the truculent @DOUCHER! You are a vegan, aren't you Douch?
  • Is Gallen working for Sunderland too they seem to want all the players were linked with
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck chicken strangling @i_b_b_o_r_g lets go with the truculent @DOUCHER! You are a vegan, aren't you Douch?

Can we not go down the road of what the two candidates put in their mouths.
    That would be a discussion better off on a different website.
  • Barnsley are trying to sign 20-year old George Miller from Middlesbrough for £200k

Been on loan @ Bradford this season yet was sold to Middlesbrough by Bury after he made his League debut as a 17-year old; hopefully that'll be to cover themselves for the outgoing Moore
  • Vincent Jannsen the 24 year old Dutch international from Spurs who can't even make the bench when Harry Kane is injured.

The 6ft striker could come on loan till end of season and then after gaining his confidence after scoring 15 goals and 6 assists in helping CAFC to the 2nd spot, he gets his move to Ajax after he fails to win his Spurs at Tottenham.
  • Vincent Jannsen the 24 year old Dutch international from Spurs who can't even make the bench when Harry Kane is injured.

The 6ft striker could come on loan till end of season and then after gaining his confidence after scoring 15 goals and 6 assists in helping CAFC to the 2nd spot, he gets his move to Ajax after he fails to win his Spurs at Tottenham.

Is in talks with Real Betis...
  • a wish not a rumour .. Sam Winnall would do a great job for us .. he's presently on the bench for S Wednesday .. have a word with Kat please Roly

Is in talks with Real Betis...
    Surely Jannsen would rather come to Real Charlton ?
    Charlton Athletico
  • Tom Eaves the 27 year old scouser will sign for Sunderland before the window shuts.

Would have been a great target man for Cafc with Taylor's penchant for drifting out to the right. ( To good effect on many occasions)

So no Grigg for them then.
  • cfgs said:

Tom Eaves the 27 year old scouser will sign for Sunderland before the window shuts.

Currently injured
  • cfgs said:

Tom Eaves the 27 year old scouser will sign for Sunderland before the window shuts.

Currently injured
    Ok.