Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Undisclosed?!? No way!!!

Find the deal that isnt either Undisclosed | Loan | Free in the below... Can only see a few myself

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers
  • He’s gorn.
    Oh well, farewell then Karlan, we’ll miss you.
  • Confirmed on SSN
  • Good luck to you Karlan.
  • Oh well at least its announced nice and early. Good luck to him
  • Really disappointed with the move

Had faith in Karlan to come good in Charlton colours when many were saying he'd struggle to even make in the Football League - Can't begrudge him a move to the Premier League though and hope he continues to prove people wrong that he can make it at the highest level

Will certainly enjoy the goals he gets for Huddersfield (unless its against us) and beyond
  • See ya later. Enjoy them splinters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Confirmed by the club

YOU CANT STOP THE DOUCHE
    I don't know how he does it.
  • edited January 2019
    DOUCHER said:

To be fair Supaclive you have come on here before, saying this that and the other was going to happen and you had been told by x& y and it never laterialised, so not sure why you are digging Doucher out. There are many others who come on here and do the same and it doesn't happen so I don't get why people are giving him such a hard time.

He appears to be a bit of s prat _ it’s done and that’s that
    Arguments are so much more interesting when they rhyme

• Time to move on ... @DOUCHER We need your next rumour, please. We need something to lift us again

Find the deal that isnt either Undisclosed | Loan | Free in the below... Can only see a few myself

Yeah - but undisclosed for other clubs is so that they don’t get legged over on price for a replacement.

Undisclosed for us is so that we don’t officially know how much the Douche has trousered from the deal.
  • edited January 2019
    People will say its sour grapes but in all honesty, and I've said it all season I would much rather keep Taylor than Grant. Grant is not that much of a huge loss IF we replace him well. Under normal circumstances, I would think there's no hope but with LB and Gallen, there is hope.

Mark my words, he will be back in L1 in 2/3 years time.

@DOUCHER tell me your contact has seen Will Grigg or someone in the in valley cafe, please

Yeah - but undisclosed for other clubs is so that they don’t get legged over on price for a replacement.

Undisclosed for us is so that we don’t officially know how much the Douche has trousered from the deal.
    @DOUCHER is getting paid for rumours? Nice work ;)
  • People will say its sour grapes but in all honesty, and I've said it all season I would much rather keep Taylor than Grant. Grant is not that much of a huge loss IF we replace him well. Under normal circumstances, I would think there's no hope but with LB and Gallen, there is hope.

@DOUCHER tell me your contact has seen Will Grigg or someone in the in valley cafe, please

14 goals is not a huge loss really??

In regards to your league 1 comment, it was only a year ago people saying he will be in non league in a couple of years, if he carries on improving like he has this past year no reason why he wont be in a top Championship lower prem team.
  • People will say its sour grapes but in all honesty, and I've said it all season I would much rather keep Taylor than Grant. Grant is not that much of a huge loss IF we replace him well. Under normal circumstances, I would think there's no hope but with LB and Gallen, there is hope.

In regards to your league 1 comment, it was only a year ago people saying he will be in non league in a couple of years, if he carries on improving like he has this past year no reason why he won't be in a top Championship lower prem team.
    Have you looked at the league 1 players who have 12+ goals this year? He relied heavily on Taylor whether you like it or not. He misses too many chances as simple as that, Taylor would be the biggest loss. Im not going to bum up to Grand because he's an academy player. He's had half a good season. He is not where near the level that Gayle, Vardy, etc was at his age in similar leagues.

Anyway, my original point was that he can be replaced a lot easily then Taylor, that was my point which somehow you managed to miss.
  • edited January 2019

People will say its sour grapes but in all honesty, and I've said it all season I would much rather keep Taylor than Grant. Grant is not that much of a huge loss IF we replace him well. Under normal circumstances, I would think there's no hope but with LB and Gallen, there is hope.

In regards to your league 1 comment, it was only a year ago people saying he will be in non league in a couple of years, if he carries on improving like he has this past year no reason why he won't be in a top Championship lower prem team.
    Have you looked at the league 1 players who have 12+ goals this year? He relied heavily on Taylor whether you like it or not. Taylor would be the bigger loss. I'm not going to bum up to Grand because he's an academy player. He's had half a good season. He is no where near the level that Gayle, Vardy, etc was at his age in similar leagues.

Anyway, my original point was that he can be replaced a lot easier than Taylor, that was my point which somehow you managed to miss.
  • edited January 2019
    The losers yet again will be Charlton and their fans if Karlan Grant signs late on Parker day for Huddersfield/West brom/Rangers/Shanghai shifters or Salford city. Take your effing pick.

All that should matter to Charlton fans is we have time to get 2 strikers in.
    I don't care about Mystic Meg Doucher and that he can hear voices.

Despite the chaos and the Duchatelet uncertainty principle, we have a good chance of being in the top 6, and an outside chance of being in the top 2.

We all know deep in our CAFC hearts that it will be broken again by intransigence and sheer tomfoolery by the Brussels pied piper,
    But let us at least enjoy this promotion battle before every decent player and his agent takes up a concrete offer from afar come summer.

P.s pleased my soapbox rant got the deal announced as soon as it was posted !
    Steve Gallen and Lee Bowyer see if you can get more blood from a stone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going all out for Will Grigg would be a statement of intent but as we are Charlton it will never happen. We will end up with a panic loan in.

Have you looked at the league 1 players who have 12+ goals this year? He relied heavily on Taylor whether you like it or not. He misses too many chances as simple as that, Taylor would be the biggest loss. Im not going to bum up to Grand because he's an academy player. He's had half a good season. He is not where near the level that Gayle, Vardy, etc was at his age in similar leagues.

Anyway, my original point was that he can be replaced a lot easily then Taylor, that was my point which somehow you managed to miss.
    Taylor has relied on Grant just as much though... He wasnt anything special apart from the Wimbledon game when Karlan was missung

Funnily neither have really scored when the other hasnt played
  • I’m guessing that our inward business was contingent on when and for how much Grant went for. I expect we’ve already got our targets in a row and today will try to get them in. Wouldn’t expect any business concluded until tomorrow though.
  • edited January 2019

Taylor has relied on Grant just as much though... He wasnt anything special apart from the Wimbledon game when Karlan was missung

I think Taylor scored from an Ajose cross against Wimbledon.
  • Going all out for Will Grigg would be a statement of intent but as we are Charlton it will never happen. We will end up with a panic loan in.

I doubt Will Grigg would want to join us.
  • Croydon said:

I think Taylor scored from an Ajose cross against Wimbledon.
    Yeah thats it... Plus Grant scored that goal against Bristol Rovers when Taylor was suspended
  • RE: Will Grigg I'd be surprised as Sunderland have already had four bids knocked back

All involve transfer fees... Something I dont see Roland paying
  • I imagine the Karlan deal was done yesterday, but they waited until today to announce it as Huddersfield were playing yesterday. It's not as if Karlan would have gone up this morning
  • Sad to see him go. I had high hopes of him when he was playing in the youth teams as we never seem to produce strikers. I kept reminding doubters of how young he is. This season the promise was beginning to show through. He still has a lot to improve and I hope he has the mental stability to hang in there away from his family, friends and coaches that have been supporting him thus far.

Sincere good wishes.