Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• I wonder if just before the deal was completed another party came in and Karlan is speaking with them before deciding.

Yeah, Millwall. :neutral:

• DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

J BLOCK said:

I wonder if just before the deal was completed another party came in and Karlan is speaking with them before deciding.

Correct answer.
    Who
    Charlton trying to keep him and Rangers but Huddersfield still most likely is what my unreliable source says.

WIOTOS
    Can't be @Henry Irving because @Doucher has said he's signed for Huddersfield .....
    Could have signed for real madrid for all i know, never asked - i said transfer papers signed and gave the figure - didn't say who he'd signed for - keep trying
    So who has he signed for then? Oh, you never asked. Of course not, would be a silly question wouldn’t it. But don’t worry when he signs for Hudds/Brentford/West Bromwich you will be able to claim you told us so.

do you lot work as a group? r u the one with the brains? read your quiestion back over - doesn't make sense does it? i've just said i don't know - i'll ask first thing tomorrow to keep u happy - i asssumed it was huddersfield bur who knows, rangers maybe - will make sure i tell you in case you don't believe me
  • I didn't expect a late night spat while I was drinking my cocoa.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

J BLOCK said:

I wonder if just before the deal was completed another party came in and Karlan is speaking with them before deciding.

Correct answer.
    Who
    Charlton trying to keep him and Rangers but Huddersfield still most likely is what my unreliable source says.

WIOTOS
    Can't be @Henry Irving because @Doucher has said he's signed for Huddersfield .....
    Could have signed for real madrid for all i know, never asked - i said transfer papers signed and gave the figure - didn't say who he'd signed for - keep trying
    So who has he signed for then? Oh, you never asked. Of course not, would be a silly question wouldn’t it. But don’t worry when he signs for Hudds/Brentford/West Bromwich you will be able to claim you told us so.

do you lot work as a group? r u the one with the brains? read your quiestion back over - doesn't make sense does it? i've just said i don't know - i'll ask first thing tomorrow to keep u happy - i asssumed it was huddersfield bur who knows, rangers maybe - will make sure i tell you in case you don't believe me
    We can all say he's signed for somebody.

I don't doubt you know someone at the club - ne maybe three but do me a favour!
  • supaclive said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

J BLOCK said:

Correct answer.
    Who

WIOTOS

strewth!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2019
    DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

J BLOCK said:

Correct answer.
    Who

WIOTOS

strewth!!!!!!!
    I'm on a plane back from the States and can carry this on all night.

However you confirmed he's signed for somebody. You strongly suggested it was Huddersfield.

Now you don't know who it is and Henry has said it's still up in the air yet you're definite he signed at 6pm tonight....

Yawn.....

Oh and 1 permanent and 1 loan.

As I said, we shall see.

In fact I looked back you said yesterday it's done

And then the paperwork was signed

And now today it was signed at 6pm

But yesterday it was already done. ..

I mean it was fine yesterday but actually ONLY today and at 6pm.

BORE OFF

YOU DON'T KNOW

I DON'T KNOW

NOBODY KNOWS

STOP PRETENDING

• Goodnight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact he has said they are considering their options still tells u

A-Grant hasnt signed yet or he would have said its done or close to being done
    B-Grant hasnt signed for anyone else because he would have just said I believe he has signed for someone else.

It may still happen I dont know, but his comments tell you the deal WASNT signed at 6PM like some would have u believe
  • edited January 2019
    For anyone who says we may have asked Huddersfield to keep quiet untill we have a replacement, if that was the case surely he would have said we are close or something along them lines.

Saying we are considering our options sounds like they have more than just Grant targeted and not sure who to go with
  • Would have thought if Karlan was offskis he would have been at the Huddersfield game tonight but not seen a mention of it on social media

Wanted to go with a positive attitude! Seeing those losers v 10 men isn’t a great start 😂
  • I think it can also be a case of managers being respectful, if he hasn’t actually signed the paperwork and everything is 100% completely done, then he is still our player and it might just be respectful to us and to Grant by not commenting and being vague.

Of course, we will find out in due course, which I am fully expecting it to be tomorrow.
  • Laddick01 said:

Certainly something off with this transfer. Can’t see why Huddersfield would wait to announce, they must be desperate to give their fans some ‘good news.’

How is signing a growing talent from lge 1 good news? We wouldn’t have been raving about it if we were in the prem now!!
    We’d be asking why aren’t we signing some 20 goal scorer from the championship or abroad!
  • Sage said:

I think it can also be a case of managers being respectful, if he hasn’t actually signed the paperwork and everything is 100% completely done, then he is still our player and it might just be respectful to us and to Grant by not commenting and being vague.

Of course, we will find out in due course, which I am fully expecting it to be tomorrow.

Again tho why wouldnt he say he believes they are close you hear managers say that all the time.

He said they are considering there options, thats the exact phrase he used, as I said Karlan may move there but we have been told the deal was done today and it was signed and then there manager says they are considering their options still, it doesnt sound as signed to me just yet
  • Nkwtiah
    Fejiri Okenabirhie
    oztumar
    Eaves
    Eisa
    Devante Cole
    Various loanees from other network clubs

Keep Grant

Gallen said it’s someone with pace to run in behind, so definitely not eaves. Oz is really an attacking midfielder.
    The lad from mk dons is rattling them home at the moment. Don’t know if he’s the player that is rapid though.
    Never seen him play Akene?

• DOUCHER said:

Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

Will be announced today

There's still time...
    I announced it about 6pm
    Hopefully you are having a Jim white deal but no deal moment!!😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

I think it can also be a case of managers being respectful, if he hasn’t actually signed the paperwork and everything is 100% completely done, then he is still our player and it might just be respectful to us and to Grant by not commenting and being vague.

At about 6pm maybe'ish...??
  • Rudders22 said:

Was it Brentford and West Brom interested in him.. If i had a choice of those 3 clubs mine would be West Brom.

Maybe he's got a choice of 40-50 clubs 😉
  • Huddersfield are just taking a while to organise a suitcase big enough for two million pounds worth of euros to be sent to Belgium.
  • DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

J BLOCK said:

Correct answer.
    Who

WIOTOS

I think the fella is telling the truth and really does not know, or asked who Karlan Ahearne Grant is signing for......
  • It's the way he delivers it like he knows everything and everybody else knows nothing.....

• supaclive said:

It's the way he delivers it like he knows everything and everybody else knows nothing.....

That’s just tongue in cheek/humour I think.
  • Swisdom said:

Not sure why everyone in Douchers case. I appreciate his insight and it’s not normally far wrong. Things change in football so cut him some slack.
    I was informed it would be announced on Tuesday and was as good as done on Saturday but things chamge.
    Rangers were keen. Gerrard was meant to be at Accrington but his flight was delayed. Representatives were at Peterborough.
    Rangers were/are prepared to loan him back to us for the rest of the season. Huddersfield are not.
    It’s Karlan’s choice. Nice position to be in.

As I heard.

No idea where the deal is now as there is always a time lag so what was true 24, 12 or 6 hours ago isn't always the same now.

Huddersfield still favourites but others had come in late so KG weighing up options.

I hope he gets loaned back but not holding my breath.

WIOTOS