Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• I suppose it is always possible that another club has come in with a bigger bid. £2 million is very cheap and all clubs are paranoid about missing out.

Let’s hope it is a club with a good player that can come the other way.
  • Oggy Red said:

11pm on 31st January.

Will it be another fruitless evening ..... waiting for our new striker Nobody, to pass his medical?
    Capped off at the last minute by Aribo being sold for a quid.

Uncharacteristically downbeat Oggy. Pour yourself a cider and get a grip.

• Redrobo said:

I suppose it is always possible that another club has come in with a bigger bid. £2 million is very cheap and all clubs are paranoid about missing out.

Brentford valueing Maupay at £20M is ridiculous and shows how cheap Grant at £2m is IMO
  • edited January 2019

Oggy Red said:

11pm on 31st January.

Will it be another fruitless evening ..... waiting for our new striker Nobody, to pass his medical?
    Capped off at the last minute by Aribo being sold for a quid.

Uncharacteristically downbeat Oggy. Pour yourself a cider and get a grip.

I know, any other west country Addicks who can pop round and check Oggy's okay? I'm quite concerned for him after reading that post.
  • Redrobo said:

I suppose it is always possible that another club has come in with a bigger bid. £2 million is very cheap and all clubs are paranoid about missing out.

More likely that Roly is delaying it make make sure the money supposedly promised to Bowyer doesn’t turn up until it’s too late to spend it.
  • edited January 2019

lolwray said:

I assume it was the (tongue in cheek) braggadocio that winds some up?

First time use of the word on CL ...deserves a promote ...although didn't he play for Lazio in the 80s

I remember Six-a-bag-of-nuts first using braggadocio to describe Malcom Allison some years ago.

Wow, you've got a good memory.
    Funnily enough it's not the word I normally used to describe Big Mal :wink:
  • edited January 2019
    He and my grandad didn’t get on.
  • Redrobo said:

On Down at the Mac they're saying photos have already been taken with Grant holding their version of scarfy.

Blue and white flat cap I expect.
  • Clarke hasn't been released so perhaps he will be the 'replacement' along with Vetokele returning. 2 days and change to sign 2 players - what are the chances
  • JamesSeed said:

He and my grandad didn’t get on.

Probably because he was "Jack the lad".
    He had too many good players in front of him in the pecking order so moved to Wet Spam.
  • Sponsored links:

• It'll take weeks for Roland to count £2m in used fivers... be patient everyone!
  • Addickted said:

Redrobo said:

On Down at the Mac they're saying photos have already been taken with Grant holding their version of scarfy.

Blue and white flat cap I expect.
    Of course, to be introduced just before kick off tonight!
  • Redrobo said:

£2m would be cheap if he wasn't out of contract in 6 months. I'd rather he stayed 6 months and then left on a free over selling him now. Him staying gives us the biggest chance of going up this year I feel.
  • jac52 said:

Redrobo said:

£2m would be cheap if he wasn't out of contract in 6 months. I'd rather he stayed 6 months and then left on a free over selling him now. Him staying gives us the biggest chance of going up this year I feel.
    £2 million is cheap if someone else signs him and you have to spend more elsewhere.
  • My prediction is that The Rat will delay the deal till Thursday so we have no time to find a replacement.
  • My prediction is that The Rat will delay the deal till Thursday so we have no time to find a replacement.

He doesnt have to play games. He can do whatever he likes.

• edited January 2019

Colchester have had an approach from a top L1 club for Szmodics I'm told. Very quiet though as they're desperate not to sell. Could be Barnsley from what I'm hearing but that's unconfirmed.
  • edited January 2019

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

And there will be no sale of any major players in this window and i understand a bid of £2m has been turned down for one already - probably best i don't name him - just passing on what i know - as always.

Was that £2m bid for Grant?
    That was what I was told
    Will we be signing a permanent replacement for Grant? Plus a loan? Or just a loan?
    Was it u that told me to give it a rest yesterday? Now your asking me questions - scroll back through
  • Oggy Red said:

Makes you wonder what’s going on... this should’ve been done and dusted yesterday. Now it’s close to 5pm the next day and still not a peep. Is the done deal not a done deal?

When Doucher said, "It's done".

WDSID :smile:

It’s OAFDUMP oggy please

• Colchester have had an approach from a top L1 club for Szmodics I'm told. Very quiet though as they're desperate not to sell. Could be Barnsley from what I'm hearing but that's unconfirmed.
    Same person who yesterday tweeted Mo Eisa was likely to join us on loan, dunno how accurate he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

Colchester have had an approach from a top L1 club for Szmodics I'm told. Very quiet though as they're desperate not to sell. Could be Barnsley from what I'm hearing but that's unconfirmed.
    The same agent thinks we’re likely to get Mo Eisa on loan.

https://youtu.be/-NrORnzdDac
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

And there will be no sale of any major players in this window and i understand a bid of £2m has been turned down for one already - probably best i don't name him - just passing on what i know - as always.

That was what I was told
    Will we be signing a permanent replacement for Grant? Plus a loan? Or just a loan?
    Was it u that told me to give it a test yesterday? Now your asking me questions - scroll back through
    He has no idea. None of us do. We pass on things we've been told but he's not in the know.

This has been proven for the last 2 years!
  • supaclive said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told
    Was it u that told me to give it a test yesterday? Now your asking me questions - scroll back through
    He has no idea. None of us do. We pass on things we've been told but he's not in the know.

I’m straining at the bit not to react to u - I know for a 100 per cent certainty that we - charlton - have signed grants transfer papers - can’t bd any clearer than that
  • DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told

I’m straining at the bit not to react to u - I know for a 100 per cent certainty that we - charlton - have signed grants transfer papers - can’t bd any clearer than that
    So. Your saying he’s gone then?
  • thanks Doucher, but why the delay in announcing KG's departure?
  • Ah but then Roland had them pencil in an extra zero on top of the agreed price. He thinks that Grant should really be worth £20m if only he were on longer contract, slightly older and a bit better. So Huddersfield should act like all those are facts and stump up.
  • DOUCHER said:

supaclive said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told

Unless you have photographic evidence, you ACTUALLY don't know.

Signatures can be held to release subject to all sorts of conditions that don't get completed also......

• In talks with re

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told
    So why are we taking £1.5 when he scored a few more since the bid?
    £1.5m the add ons make it £2m
  • thanks Doucher, but why the delay in announcing KG's departure?

I said earlier that they maybe waiting for Huddersfield to announce before tonight’s game. Everton team up but still not theirs. Maybe in the squad?

Lookman playing.
  • Redrobo said:

thanks Doucher, but why the delay in announcing KG's departure?

I said earlier that they maybe waiting for Huddersfield to announce before tonight’s game. Everton team up but still not theirs. Maybe in the squad?

Lookman playing.
    Unless he signed the paperwork and it was filed before midday yesterday, he won't be playing