Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Now from BBC sports website just now-:

Town close in on Grant deal

Huddersfield Town

Talksport have reported that Huddersfield are close to signing Charlton striker Karlan Grant.

The 21-year-old has scored 14 goals in 29 appearances for the League One club this season.
  • DOUCHER said:

And there will be no sale of any major players in this window and i understand a bid of £2m has been turned down for one already - probably best i don't name him - just passing on what i know - as always.

Was that £2m bid for Grant?
  • DOUCHER said:

And there will be no sale of any major players in this window and i understand a bid of £2m has been turned down for one already - probably best i don't name him - just passing on what i know - as always.

That was what I was told
  • lolwray said:

I assume it was the (tongue in cheek) braggadocio that winds some up?

First time use of the word on CL ...deserves a promote ...although didn't he play for Lazio in the 80s

I remember Six-a-bag-of-nuts first using braggadocio to describe Malcom Allison some years ago.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told
    Will we be signing a permanent replacement for Grant? Plus a loan? Or just a loan?
  • Now from BBC sports website just now-:

Town close in on Grant deal

Huddersfield Town

Talksport have reported that Huddersfield are close to signing Charlton striker Karlan Grant.

The 21-year-old has scored 14 goals in 29 appearances for the League One club this season.

If Talksport are claiming that then I look forward to seeing him against Fleetwood on Saturday!!
  • I wonder if the delay with Grant is because RD is looking to loan some unfit useless lump in return so as to make up the numbers up front?
  • Will be announced today
  • Swisdom said:

Will be announced today

Free beer tomorrow!

• Sponsored links:

• Vetokele playing for the reserves as we speak, this basically confirm we’re only getting one in once Grant goes, no way will Roland let us have 5 forwards.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told
    So why are we taking £1.5 when he scored a few more since the bid?
  • Vetokele playing for the reserves as we speak, this basically confirm we’re only getting one in once Grant goes, no way will Roland let us have 5 forwards.

We’ll have 5 after Grant leaves?
  • Scoham said:

Vetokele playing for the reserves as we speak, this basically confirm we’re only getting one in once Grant goes, no way will Roland let us have 5 forwards.

We’ll have 5 after Grant leaves?
    Taylor, Igor, RHF and underwhelming last minute loanee.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was what I was told
    So why are we taking £1.5 when he scored a few more since the bid?
    Perhaps Grant is insisting on it.

Or maybe the reported 1.5m is wrong.
  • Makes you wonder what’s going on... this should’ve been done and dusted yesterday. Now it’s close to 5pm the next day and still not a peep. Is the done deal not a done deal?
  • Could be rhesus
    PaddyP17 said:

So they're taking the G out of our G&T... Dry January indeed.

We'll have a V&T instead.
  • Makes you wonder what’s going on... this should’ve been done and dusted yesterday. Now it’s close to 5pm the next day and still not a peep. Is the done deal not a done deal?

It’s imminent
  • Could drag out longer than the takeover?
  • Sponsored links:

When Doucher said, "It's done".

WDSID :smile:

• Think the reason its gone quiet on the Grant front is because Charlton do not want details released until they have a replacement lined up as any player evaluations will increase in proportion to Grants fee.

That is usually the case, which is a positive sign. Waiting for the hard rumours about our next signing/s to emerge.
  • Would people be happy if the deal got held up and it meant the transfer didn’t go through in time? Obviously we would still have Grant but he wouldn’t want to be here and his head would probably be in the wrong place.
  • sam3110 said:

Would people be happy if the deal got held up and it meant the transfer didn’t go through in time? Obviously we would still have Grant but he wouldn’t want to be here and his head would probably be in the wrong place.

Who says he definitely doesn't want to be here? You can want to stay but realise what a huge opportunity you have and therefore go with your head instead of your heart
    Agreed. And if that happened I doubt he would go round stropping and barely score another goal, wouldn't exactly impress any summer suitors would it?
  • sam3110 said:

Would people be happy if the deal got held up and it meant the transfer didn’t go through in time? Obviously we would still have Grant but he wouldn’t want to be here and his head would probably be in the wrong place.

Who says he definitely doesn't want to be here? You can want to stay but realise what a huge opportunity you have and therefore go with your head instead of your heart
    Stop ruining perfectly good football clichés.
  • So when exactly does the window "slam shut" this year? Is it midnight on January 31st?
  • 11pm on 31st January.
  • 11pm on 31st January.

Will it be another fruitless evening ..... waiting for our new striker Nobody, to pass his medical?
    Capped off at the last minute by Aribo being sold for a quid.

• 11pm on 31st January.

Thankfully it's a Thursday, so we don't have the farce of clubs trying to finalise last minute deals while they have a match to play!