Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Not sure why everyone in Douchers case. I appreciate his insight and it’s not normally far wrong. Things change in football so cut him some slack.
    I was informed it would be announced on Tuesday and was as good as done on Saturday but things chamge.
    Rangers were keen. Gerrard was meant to be at Accrington but his flight was delayed. Representatives were at Peterborough.
    Rangers were/are prepared to loan him back to us for the rest of the season. Huddersfield are not.
    It’s Karlan’s choice. Nice position to be in.

Huddersfield still favourites but others had come in late so KG weighing up options.

WIOTOS
    But they've already signed the transfer papers :wink:
  • edited January 2019

Swisdom said:

Not sure why everyone in Douchers case. I appreciate his insight and it’s not normally far wrong. Things change in football so cut him some slack.
    I was informed it would be announced on Tuesday and was as good as done on Saturday but things chamge.
    Rangers were keen. Gerrard was meant to be at Accrington but his flight was delayed. Representatives were at Peterborough.
    Rangers were/are prepared to loan him back to us for the rest of the season. Huddersfield are not.

Huddersfield still favourites but others had come in late so KG weighing up options.

WIOTOS
    But they've already signed the transfer papers :wink:
    Quite possibly.

Things move and change so info can be out of date or be overtaken by events very quickly.

If I was a betting man I still stick a fiver on it being Hudds and announced today.
  • Should be getting ready for work but enjoying reading the banter instead.
  • I actually believe Doucher has a source. But it's nowhere near as reliable as he tries to make out. But agree with some of the comments on here, it's not as if he is the only one so don't understand the constant digs at him.
  • To be fair Supaclive you have come on here before, saying this that and the other was going to happen and you had been told by x& y and it never laterialised, so not sure why you are digging Doucher out. There are many others who come on here and do the same and it doesn't happen so I don't get why people are giving him such a hard time.

He appears to be a bit of s prat _ it’s done and that’s that
  • JamesSeed said:

Goodnight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.

I wouldn’t bet on it.

• Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

Swisdom said:

Not sure why Rangers would pay money for him, then loan him back.

More likely they would sign a pre-contract agreement with him, and then he would be with us until the end of the season anyway.
    Would Rangers have to worry about it going to tribunial as well seeing that they're not an English side?

If so means they could offer Grant slightly less wages than what Huddersfield have offered yet they can give him the £1.5m rather than giving it to Roland.
  • Oh and btw - it’s Huddersfield - definite- wouldn’t believe I come on here to give info to fellow fans - don’t fight me, enjoy me Clive, large, Henry etc etc...
  • No news is good news . My old mum used to say 😎
  • DOUCHER said:

Oh and btw - it’s Huddersfield - definite- wouldn’t believe I come on here to give info to fellow fans - don’t fight me, enjoy me Clive, large, Henry etc etc...

Enjoy me? Haha.
  • cafc-west said:

DOUCHER said:

Oh and btw - it’s Huddersfield - definite- wouldn’t believe I come on here to give info to fellow fans - don’t fight me, enjoy me Clive, large, Henry etc etc...

Appreciate you providing ITK insights. Think your style sometimes gets people’s backs up as you come across a little bit condescending. Personally ok with it but some people find it a bit abrasive...Not always the message - it’s the delivery.
    I know but I can’t help irritating the ‘know it all’ gang - they hate me knowing more
  • @DOUCHER getting slated for claiming ITK status whilst there’s those claiming ITK status on the takeover thread who’ve got it wrong so so many times but get asked for info.

I’m quite sure they all mean well. Where would the takeover thread be without their input? Henry would be nowhere near the promote that he so desperately craves for a start.

(Kiddin’ Henners!)
  • S

DOUCHER said:

Douch any chance if you can give me a shout out also?
    Sorry u don’t register on my radar - can you remind me of a tedious debate we might have had?
  • DOUCHER said:

S

DOUCHER said:

Sorry u don’t register on my radar - can you remind me of a tedious debate we might have had?
    You had a maths-debate I believe .... (snigger)
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

This is a classic Doucher comment.

He’s only saying ‘enjoy me’ in a tongue in cheek way. When you’ve taken as much stick as he has you can hardly blame him for wanting to to have a bit of a laugh while passing on info.

I’d just take any itk comments with a pinch of salt, then everyone’s happy.

As for Karlan, I think interested parties were at Peterborough, and then he took that penalty.
  • I actually believe Doucher has a source. But it's nowhere near as reliable as he tries to make out. But agree with some of the comments on here, it's not as if he is the only one so don't understand the constant digs at him.

No source is 100% reliable. Read Airman’s post higher up the thread. He was told by Curbishley (then manager) that a player was signing and it still didn’t happen. You can’t get much nearer to the horses mouth than that and it still proved unreliable.

As a once great man said. WIOTOS

• Maybe the announcement will be made once we have replaced him?
  • DOUCHER said:

S

DOUCHER said:

You smell.
  • Should be getting ready for work but enjoying reading the banter instead.

Youre fired!!
  • Maybe the announcement will be made once we have replaced him?

Or if Karlan were to choose Rangers and there was a loan back then I guess we don’t need to get in one of our targets ? I think the sooner Grants immediate future is decided the sooner Bowyer will know what he wants and is able to do.

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

This is a classic Doucher comment.

He’s only saying ‘enjoy me’ in a tongue in cheek way. When you’ve taken as much stick as he has you can hardly blame him for wanting to to have a bit of a laugh while passing on info.

I’d just take any itk comments with a pinch of salt, then everyone’s happy.

As for Karlan, I think interested parties were at Peterborough, and then he took that penalty.
    I'd be very surprised if any parties were put off by his finishing for that penalty incident

I'll always take any itk comments with a pinch of salt though unless I personally know the person who has posted the comment
  • edited January 2019
    It is done he has gone. My source is impeccable, it is the club's Twitter account.
  • Rumour- A Villa fan at work reckons one of their young strikers is coming on loan to us and that villa are getting a striker from Luton
  • Confirmed by the club