Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Cummings personality sounds similar to Tony Watt !
    His best spell was at Hibernian when he scored 20 goals in a season, Signed for Forest but been on loan at posh.
    Struggling to be a success in England after the low standard of Scottish football.
  • Sunderland have had a bid of 1.25 million rejected for John Marquis according to tweet tweet. They look a bit desperate now
  • Wilfred bony on loan from Swansea. Says he is London bound.
  • tajaddick said:

Wilfred bony on loan from Swansea. Says he is London bound.

Would be a good signing although can’t see him playing in league 1
  • Meant to be going to Qatar.
  • tajaddick said:

Thought he was going to Qatar.
  • tajaddick said:

Thought he was going to Qatar.
    Flying out from Heathrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Brentford?
  • edited January 2019
    Luton? ‘I have joined a club with real ambition’
  • edited January 2019

tajaddick said:

Would be a good signing although can’t see him playing in league 1
    I think calling a striker like Bony who has scored in the champions league a 'good signing' might be a slight understatement for a league one club :)

Going to Al Arabi according to quite a few sources

Now Ibrahimovic...
  • Luton? ‘I have joined a club with real ambition’

Most clubs have ambition compared to Charlton under Roland
  • It was bad enough we got rid of Ajose with no replacement. If we don't bring in someone of relative quality for Grant then we have had an absolute stinker of a window.

• Not a hope in hell, @JamesSeed. 24 hours before the deadline, with Sunderland also looking for two strikers.

Speaking of which I got a bit of lowdown on Maja, since I am in my B&B in Eltham, and the excellent owner is a Sunderland fan in his late 60's, who is a season ticket holder, regularly going up there from Eltham. Pretty well connected in the club, it seems.

He says it's true that Sunderland haven't seen any of the Maja money because they owed it to Bordeaux, or at least £1.5m and the rest of the fee is contingent on various things. Also he was only on his youth wage of 600k per week, although Sunderland, unlike us, has been desperately trying to get him to sign a new one. And who was in the way of that? Why, his agent, of course.

BTW @JamesSeed my landlord here is related to Jimmy Seed. Jimmy was his uncle if I recall what he told me last time. I will PM you some details,

So his agent advised him not to sign a new contract at Sunderland but to go for better wages to a better League where they play football suited to his style. What a rogue. They should all be banned
    You assume that Bordeaux were waiting in the wings all through the autumn. You assume that his agent has properly assessed whether this 19 year old English kid has the personal make up to adjust to life on his own in a place like Bordeaux, which is a great place but not exactly English speaking. You assume the agent even gives a shit about that.

Josh Maja apparently felt that Sunderland had saved his career after he had been rejected elsewhere. That being the case I'd have thought that left to make his own decision he'd have happily signed that contract, and probably would have helped Sunderland back up to the Championship. As it is a lot of Sunderland fans turned on him because he had " refused" to sign a new contract, and thus was an ungrateful Billy big bollocks. And now they are in much the same situation as we are, bereft of strikers, and chasing the same dross.

Yeah, agents, worth every million they earn, where would football be without them?

• Emile Smith Rowe (England U17 World Cup winner @ Arsenal) is off to Leipzig on loan

Wonder if they've cooled their interest in Lookman now
  • Not that much of a train carriage emptying gut convulsing shart as other Duchatelet windows surely?

If we get in a decent replacement for Grant then it will have been a good window even though I would rather him and Taylor continued their work together.

If we don’t it will just be normally bad for a Duchâtelet era window.

At least this time there are good signings at the start to partially counterbalance fucking up the team dynamic at the end by selling one of the most important players without replacement.

Thank goodness Aribo was injured or I reckon he would have gone as well.

• Another classic Roland January window...

Saleable asset out (undisclosed) - tick

All us primed for major disappointment - tick

Complete ball ache!

Thought the window shut at 23.00 tomorrow not at 12.47 today.

We dont know how the window will end and until it does I think we should reserve judgement on how the window has gone
    Yep, I should of added, it is shaping up to be...

Hope your correct but I am prepared to be underwhelmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

SUNDERLAND UPADTES

Sky Sports News understands Sunderland have had a bid accepted by a Premier League team for an unknown striker, with a medical booked for Deadline Day on Thursday.

The Black Cats have also seen a £1.25m bid turned down by Doncaster for striker John Marquis, while Lewis Morgan's loan move from Celtic is close to being completed.

However, Sunderland will not be moving for Sheffield United forward Ched Evans, despite reports.

Weird that he would be unknown if he plays for a prem team, must be a youth player :wink:
  • For any agents out there I’ve got plenty of old rope available for sale if you can punt it on at a profit might be a good deal for us both.
  • edited January 2019

• Not a hope in hell, @JamesSeed. 24 hours before the deadline, with Sunderland also looking for two strikers.

Speaking of which I got a bit of lowdown on Maja, since I am in my B&B in Eltham, and the excellent owner is a Sunderland fan in his late 60's, who is a season ticket holder, regularly going up there from Eltham. Pretty well connected in the club, it seems.

He says it's true that Sunderland haven't seen any of the Maja money because they owed it to Bordeaux, or at least £1.5m and the rest of the fee is contingent on various things. Also he was only on his youth wage of 600k per week, although Sunderland, unlike us, has been desperately trying to get him to sign a new one. And who was in the way of that? Why, his agent, of course.

BTW @JamesSeed my landlord here is related to Jimmy Seed. Jimmy was his uncle if I recall what he told me last time. I will PM you some details,

So his agent advised him not to sign a new contract at Sunderland but to go for better wages to a better League where they play football suited to his style. What a rogue. They should all be banned
    You assume that Bordeaux were waiting in the wings all through the autumn. You assume that his agent has properly assessed whether this 19 year old English kid has the personal make up to adjust to life on his own in a place like Bordeaux, which is a great place but not exactly English speaking. You assume the agent even gives a shit about that.

Josh Maja apparently felt that Sunderland had saved his career after he had been rejected elsewhere. That being the case I'd have thought that left to make his own decision he'd have happily signed that contract, and probably would have helped Sunderland back up to the Championship. As it is a lot of Sunderland fans turned on him because he had " refused" to sign a new contract, and thus was an ungrateful Billy big bollocks. And now they are in much the same situation as we are, bereft of strikers, and chasing the same dross.

Yeah, agents, worth every million they earn, where would football be without them?

Maybe Maja had a say in it all.

Maybe Maja is a pawn of his agent or maybe he can make his own decisions.

Maybe a Sunderland fan isn't an unbiased witness.

Maybe Maja speaks French.

Maybe Maja has set his family up in a nice house with his signing

Maybe Maja turning down premiership deals suggests it's about football not just money
  • edited January 2019
    Cummings was the best player on the pitch at the Valley. I couldn't believe he was on the bench at Peterbro
  • DOUCHER said:

I wonder if just before the deal was completed another party came in and Karlan is speaking with them before deciding.

Correct answer.
    'was', 'is' - was possibly, definitely not 'is', its a done deal - finito, sold, signed - OAFDUMP, again.
    Me thinks thou complains too much and needs to get a thicker skin.
  • This won't be popular but I said from the start that Duchatelet will just pocket the money, exactly as he did at Standard.

Cawley, the only person posting or posted on here who might really have any inside track, has backtracked form his first statement and today has gone silent. He has been led up the garden path like everyone else.

Vetokele appeared yesterday far earlier than previous medical reports had led us to believe. You might argue that it was a cunning ploy to surprise Palarse Reserves, but as with most things in life, I am sure the more obvious reason is correct. Bow has been told that he will have to use him cos there won't be anyone else.

So all you lot banging on about how he's not such a loss, and that the fee was ok if this, if that, might want to get ready to face reality.

I would love to be wrong. Right now, I can't see a shred of evidence that I am.

If Roland is pissing away circa £10 million a season to bag the odd couple of mill here and there, can you let him know I have some nice crisp £10 notes. His for only £15 a pop, in fact I'll do him mates rates, 10 for £130.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

This won't be popular but I said from the start that Duchatelet will just pocket the money, exactly as he did at Standard.

Cawley, the only person posting or posted on here who might really have any inside track, has backtracked form his first statement and today has gone silent. He has been led up the garden path like everyone else.

Vetokele appeared yesterday far earlier than previous medical reports had led us to believe. You might argue that it was a cunning ploy to surprise Palarse Reserves, but as with most things in life, I am sure the more obvious reason is correct. Bow has been told that he will have to use him cos there won't be anyone else.

So all you lot banging on about how he's not such a loss, and that the fee was ok if this, if that, might want to get ready to face reality.

I would love to be wrong. Right now, I can't see a shred of evidence that I am.

If Roland is pissing away circa £10 million a season to bag the odd couple of mill here and there, can you let him know I have some nice crisp £10 notes. His for only £15 a pop, in fact I'll do him mates rates, 10 for £130.
    I think "squeezing every bit of juice he can trying vainly to get some money back"is a more accurate analogy.