Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

If this incoming player is better than Ajose (which he will be) and maybe even better than Grant (which is possible) then I'd hardly say we've been weakened up front.

As I say, the issue is whether the player comes in. Let's stay hopeful.

Grant has 14 goals in 28 games

Have you actually checked just HOW MANY players have scored more in this division this season.....
    He's done well. But why is he 12th in our season player ratings? You say it like its impossible that we'll find a player that helps the team play better. I'd say it's eminently possible.
    It's possible but it's unlikely.
  • So there we have it..another potential loan signing and that’s it..which doesn’t surprise me one bit!

Some fans need to get a grip if they ever thought we’d get the likes of Tom Eaves

ROLAND JUST SELL THE CLUB!!!!!
  • I am confused, were we not looking to bring another striker before Grant was even linked with a move? so all this Bowyer will get any funds we get from the sale of Grant is complete cobblers and another £1.5m gets trousered or off-set to continue this shit show of incompetence.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

So there we have it..another potential loan signing and that’s it..which doesn’t surprise me one bit!

Some fans need to get a grip if they ever thought we’d get the likes of Tom Eaves

ROLAND JUST SELL THE CLUB!!!!!

Eaves would be handy back-up to Taylor but he isn't the pacy forward we're after
  • Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

If this incoming player is better than Ajose (which he will be) and maybe even better than Grant (which is possible) then I'd hardly say we've been weakened up front.

Have you actually checked just HOW MANY players have scored more in this division this season.....
    He's done well. But why is he 12th in our season player ratings? You say it like its impossible that we'll find a player that helps the team play better. I'd say it's eminently possible.
    You're saying the player ratings are a more valid measurement of his ability than his goals and assists? Alice in Wonderland stuff.
  • Middlesbrough's Rudy Gestede has turned down loan move to Millwall.

How rude.
  • Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

You're saying the player ratings are a more valid measurement of his ability than his goals and assists? Alice in Wonderland stuff.
    I am indeed. Player ratings are assigned based on an all-round appreciation of his play over 28 full games, some of which he looked distinctly average in. Yes, goals and assists do help his cause, but they don't tell the whole story
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

I am indeed. Player ratings are assigned based on an all-round appreciation of his play over 28 full games, some of which he looked distinctly average in. Yes, goals and assists do help his cause, but they don't tell the whole story
    Laughable. And slightly worrying that you would seriously believe that.
  • Anyway all of this is contingent on us signing someone today. If we don't I'll happily join the pitchfork-wielding masses
  • Sponsored links:

• a loan isn't replacing Karlan its replacing Ajose ...

Not when you are RD. Igor replaces Ajose. Loan replaces Karlan.

Such a shit show. RD said not long ago that he cant sell the club until we are in the Championship and then does his best to keep us in League 1.
  • a loan isn't replacing Karlan its replacing Ajose ...

Replacing Ajose? There wasn't much there to replace. He barely played. Clarke's return to fitness covers Ajose.

Let's sign someone to be Taylor's main partner -a replacement for Grant
  • It's got be a fairly similar player who can compliment Taylor's strengths, not just some random reject from somewhere.
  • edited January 2019
    First rule of being a Charlton fan since 2014, never try and second guess the Rat and never apply logic or common sense. Don't forget this individual is the modern day Alan Turing 😏
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

supaclive said:

Leuth said:

In his role end, our striker highest up the pitch, it's end product is that makes the difference between getting a result or not. He can miss chances, give away the ball but score the winning goal and get an average mark of 6/10. As our goals mainly come from our strikers that's probably more valuable than a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 striker that has a great all round game but rarely scores.

If a striker is a better all round player but scores fewer goals then we'll need his play to result in the team scoring more and/or conceding less to make up for the lack of goals.

If Aribo wasn't our only goalscoring midfielder this season I'd feel more comfortable about losing Grant's goals.
  • edited January 2019
    Sounds like Bowyer and Gallen are set on this one loan going through , that does not fill me with confidence...
  • Just seen Reza at Lidl Lee High Road. Says he is choosing between Charlton and Cray Wanderers.
  • RedChaser said:

First rule of being a Charlton fan since 2014, never try and second guess the Rat and never apply logic or common sense. Don't forget this individual is the modern day Alan Turing 😏

I blame the communication team
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    seth plum said:

Just seen Reza at Lidl Lee High Road. Says he is choosing between Charlton and Cray Wanderers.

Tell him to sign for Cray Seth, then we can nick him back in the summer for a set of track suits :wink: .
  • Douchebag never,ever fails to fuck us over does he. Rancid old turd.

Is that an anagram of Roland Duchatelet?
  • hearing from an insider from the emirates that arsenal prepared to loan us eddie nketiah.
  • edited January 2019

hearing from an insider from the emirates that arsenal prepared to loan us eddie nketiah.

Thought he was off to Augsburg?
  • Ross said:

If (and it's a big if) Vetokele can stay fit we may be okay with only 1 in.

However, if he gets injured again we're screwed.

If Igor could stay fit he would have been pretty useful about 4 years ago. He can't sadly.
  • hearing from an insider from the emirates that arsenal prepared to loan us eddie nketiah.

Thought he was off to Augsburg?
    Looks like that's off, but maybe because Arsenal want him as a squad player.